Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I have no idea how it's survived all of my moves and sheddings of poo poo.

Derp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

now im really tempted to buy one and make my own

https://www.buymilsurp.com/m136-at4-anti-armor-weapon-inert-display-p-42716.html

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Too loving good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bong Ross is an M72 LAW. I got it when my last unit decided to clean out their storage. I asked a sergeant what to do with it, since it was just an inert tube, he told me to trash it. No way in hell that was going to happen.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bong Ross is an M72 LAW. I got it when my last unit decided to clean out their storage. I asked a sergeant what to do with it, since it was just an inert tube, he told me to trash it. No way in hell that was going to happen.

I was gonna ask you about all the toxic rocket fuel byproducts you'd inhale when you use it but I saw the PVC and realized you had it taken care of

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it's still rough. The downstem is still hosed up and I need to clean up the mouthpiece. Worst part was trying to get the pvc insert in the tube without destroying too much fiberglass.

There's a plastics shop at work. I should just take it in there and finish it someday.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's a work of art

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Trip report: it was mildly interesting but I don't think it's my cup of tea.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

never dabbed tbh, dont have a dab rig and don't really feel like buying one atm. none of my weed buddies do it either, but they all rant and rave over their weed pens that I try and get nothing out of

You don't really need anything special to dab, the best method I've used so far is a $13 Nectar Collector. Simple, fast, takes up no space.

Also Bong Ross is a masterpiece, holy crap.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to polish up bong ross a bit. There's a lot of finish that can be done easily if I took it in to work, I'm just lazy. I mean more of the functionality side, aesthetically it's perfect as is. I need to straighten the front sight a bit, fix the downstem, shorten the pvc mouthpiece, and make it collapsible again. I kinda want it to be able to extend to hide the mouthpiece entirely.

It's so much more half-assed than it looks in pictures.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Trip report: it was mildly interesting but I don't think it's my cup of tea.

It can take a few tries or different strains to see if you like it.

What was your experience like? And how did you feel?

It’s not for everyone, don’t think I’m trying to be a jerk asking questions I’m just curious. :)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have a five times rule for new people, being that most don't notice the effects the first few times, or overdo it and go right into the anxiety zone.

I mainly clutched onto it in the beginning because I could smoke a joint (of mexibrick or whatever was common before the past decade), have a good time and wake up without a hangover.

After a while of heavy use, dreams/nightmares are a thing of the past. Either I don't remember them, or the function gets fuzzy, but sleep is like a light switch with weed.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Nah man if I don't smoke or just get really drunk it's nightmare city for me

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Like dumb loving sleep paralysis poo poo its the worst

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If I go about 3-5 days without weed, dreaming starts happening again. It's also hard to get to sleep.

With it, it's like waking up with a blank slate.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If I go about 3-5 days without weed, dreaming starts happening again. It's also hard to get to sleep.

With it, it's like waking up with a blank slate.

:same: it's probably the nicest thing about it. Yay, no more dumb dreams where I find myself back in Afghanistan without any gear. Like those old anxiety dreams where you're naked in class on the first day of school.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey

wheres your weapon

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It can take a few tries or different strains to see if you like it.

What was your experience like? And how did you feel?

It’s not for everyone, don’t think I’m trying to be a jerk asking questions I’m just curious. :)

I totally get it- interesting to hear different peoples' first experiences. This was the day:

Woke up, breakfast, headed down to the dispensary in San Jose. They opened at nine and it's been a busy week for obvious reasons so I got there just before opening. The line wasn't bad. Very clean inside, ID scanned at the door and then you check in with the receptionist. Everything is electronic so your name gets sent back to the bud bar for printing labels. They even take credit cards but I paid cash. I told the lady I'd never smoked before, and wanted a pipe and some kind of indica to chill with. She grabbed me some Girl Scout Cookie Blue Cut. 21.6% THC. With base price and taxes you're paying more than street price (according to Discord), but the novelty is legal weed. I walked into a building this morning, and walked out ten minutes later with legal weed I put in my car and took home.

It was weird at first. I haven't taken anything psychoactive in years. It came as nuggets in a medicine bottle, about 6-7 nuggets per eighth. I started with a nugget, chopped, removed the little bit of stem, either didn't find or couldn't recognize seeds, and packed the bowl. First hit I didn't keep the hole on the pipe covered long enough and got very little smoke. Second and third hits I pulled too hard and coughed like a bastard, bit of nausea too. It was so odd that when I was smoking a pack a day I never coughed like that. I immediately noticed how much "drier" the smoke seemed compared to tobacco. I've been chugging water all day.

So three hits in and I felt nothing. I'm considering a fourth to cash the bowl when it hits me. My coordination goes out like I'm moderately drunk. Everything goes somewhat wavy/melty. I chat on discord for a few minutes then lay back in my easy chair to watch robot chicken. The intensity went up for a while until I peaked. A couple hours go by and I feel I can be on my feet again, so I got up to make pancakes. The hunger was really hitting at that point. I hot a bit more later in the afternoon and I'm mostly down from that. I don't have nearly enough motivation or coordination to play Factorio when I'm high.

Overall it was an interesting experiment. I don't think I'll go back to the store, though. Probably going to finish up what I got on the odd, lazy Saturday in the coming couple of months but not make a habit of it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It sounds like you got too high. That is fairly similar to my first experience getting high. I ended up smoking too much too fast and spent the next few hours watching Game of Thrones even though I didn't like the show at the time. Once you develop a baseline it gets better. Honestly, try again sometime.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Overall it was an interesting experiment. I don't think I'll go back to the store, though. Probably going to finish up what I got on the odd, lazy Saturday in the coming couple of months but not make a habit of it.

That's a pretty healthy perspective to have overall, I think.

Also, if you find a seed in store bought weed, you'll know it. Most everything is done with cloning mothers and the only time you're going to encounter a seed is if it was grown outdoors and the trimmers missed it. It will also be on sale.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey

wheres your weapon

The worst nightmare.

Opioids cause wicked dreams. I would literally punch and kick in my sleep, at times hitting my pregnant wife. Screaming and god knows what the gently caress else.

Also Girl Scout Cookie is loving strong. It’s known for its high THC count. Whatever you did, do half that if you try it again.

My dad hates weed, it’s not for everyone and I don’t dislike or discourage anyone from avoiding it. I’m glad you tried it so you can at least say you had that experience. There is a lot of misinformation out here about pot and a lot of it comes from people who’ve never tried it. Each experience is different. Just like how I never found cocaine to be addictive or fun.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Girl Scout Cookie is a legit strong strain, and a tasty one too. I could get it every so often in TN, but it was rare.

AB: You smoked ridiculously strong weed for your first time. 1 or 2 hits might have served you better.

I didn’t upgrade from a one hitter to a pipe for like the first three months I smoked.

21% weed for your first time is brave, but honestly it’s hard to buy lower THC weed at a dispensary they just really have little incentive to try and sell lower THC flower. So really the only thing you can do is smoke less.

When I visited Crusty Minge last year in CO I was a full up pot head, 1 and 1/2 ounce of flower a month- but the 24% THC weed I bought at a dispensary was enough to knock me completely off my rear end with a couple hits instead of the 4-5 bong rips I usually need.

I can’t recommend the one hitter path enough- you can buy them on Amazon- be careful with that weed you can make yourself really uncomfortable with it.

And congrats on joining the weed club. Don’t be discouraged by your first experience. It honestly gets better the more your used to it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Speaking of Girl Scout Cookies. I got some from that new guy and it is loving good. It reminds me of those good coffee/chocolate cigars id smoke in Iraq. It wasn’t a main one like Cohiba or Monte Cristo.

I can’t wait to have this next flower phase done. Talked about curing (my problem with growing) with him and I think I got my problem solved. Musty weed is loving awful.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I didn't need a rocket to get to space :v:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Speaking of Girl Scout Cookies. I got some from that new guy and it is loving good. It reminds me of those good coffee/chocolate cigars id smoke in Iraq. It wasn’t a main one like Cohiba or Monte Cristo.

I can’t wait to have this next flower phase done. Talked about curing (my problem with growing) with him and I think I got my problem solved. Musty weed is loving awful.

Just grind up the musty stuff and use it for edibles. You can mask the nasty with bitter enough a cover, like dark chocolate brownies. Don't forget to decarb though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just grind up the musty stuff and use it for edibles. You can mask the nasty with bitter enough a cover, like dark chocolate brownies. Don't forget to decarb though.

Yeah that’s what I plan on doing. California has a bullshit alcohol limit law so I can’t even make a proper tincture. I didn’t dry it enough before putting it in jars. Gonna let it dry a week this time.

Still waiting on one plant to sex, one flowered, one male, and this one is really too young to tell despite flipping at once.

I haven’t made brownies in a long time. My wife accidentally dosed herself once by eating my brownies. She did not have a good time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I made brownies a few weeks ago, before I remembered that a gram of hash is about an eighth. My next batch will have at least 2 grams.

Might look at using a specific pan for weedfoods, so when the missus sees it, she knows it's loaded.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I have a dispensary literally a few hundred feet from my apartment and it frustrates me to no end that I can’t take advantage of it. I had buddies come up for Christmas and they pretty much spent the whole time they were here stoned on all sorts of crazy poo poo I never had back in college. Cannabis vape pens, gummies, upper and downer varieties.

It’s going to be my first stop when I get out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's a dispensary up the street from me, but because Colorado Springs only does medical sales, I can't frequent it.

I'll eventually get my medical card (we call them red cards here, because MED is Marijuana Enforcement Division here, and how you get an occupational weed license), but that's going to be a little bit. I still have a rifle or two I want to buy before I add my name to the list.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I’ve been talking to the wife about moving to Italy.

Good News: Medical Marijuana is a thing and I qualify.

Bad News: apparently it’s poo poo weed grown by the Army.

I’m gotta get better at growing my own. Both in taste and quantity.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Italian Army Weed sounds bad rear end in a way

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah. Their system is actually good.

The weed has to be prescribed from a doctor and you get it for free. Unless you go to a pharmacy but you can pay upwards of like 40 a gram which is stupid.

The Army makes orphan drugs. Drugs that companies don’t want to make because they won’t make a prophet. So the Army is like “hey, we will do it.” Or told to do it.

Their pot is loving free. Even if it is bad, what!?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. Just bake with it or refine it down into a concentrate. Free is free. And if they let you grow anyhow, just consider it supplemental.

Comedy option of walking everywhere with a blunt the size of Chongs' Labrador blunt in Up In Smoke.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Trailer Park Boys had a new thing where they have to out smoke someone.

I, like Ricky, was like “pft, easy money.” Turned out to be Tommy Chong. I probably would have not made it either.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

Trailer Park Boys had a new thing where they have to out smoke someone.

I, like Ricky, was like “pft, easy money.” Turned out to be Tommy Chong. I probably would have not made it either.

I'd be curled up in a ball on the floor wondering where my feet went after about five minutes.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Tommy Chongs thc levels in his bloodstream after a month of sobriety would probably be enough to put most of gip on the floor.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The I Chong is a good read about his time in jail and poo poo.

I'd love to spend an hour smoking with Tommy Chong just chatting about miscellaneous poo poo. And Willie Nelson. Before either of them pass on. Willie is getting loving old, but the power of THC and hallucinagenic mushrooms will keep him rolling until he's deep in his 90s.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Willy Nelson being still alive is nowhere near as impressive as the magic heroin lich powers of the Rolling Stones.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Willie is like, 85 already. Keith Richards might not be far behind, but he's in a league of his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
God drat I did not realize Willie was loving 85