Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win?
Moore! *grope*
Jones! *shrugs, looks around* who?
View Results

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
when do polls start closing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

fair point. let me quantify. absolutely push for better candidates and the DNC loving sucks at messaging but still show up on Election Day and vote because an empty suit is better than literally any Republican

Please dont vote for dems that gently caress kids.

Even if you think they are better than the Republican dont fuckin do it.

Tia

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Like seriously there are situations where it is in fact better to leave that bubble blank and take the "loss" for the good of the future of the party and the things for which it stands and I hopw you can recognize that is true even in situations like we are in now that are super high stakes

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

univbee posted:

Does the US forbid people with certain legal backgrounds (e.g. convicted felons) from running for elected positions? Or could, say, Subway Jared theoretically be elected president when he's out?

They do not, and rightfully so - that's like a huge "we're doing a dictatorship now!" red flag because it's so damned easy to abuse.

As a result, you get home states like mine where we elected a guy, multiple times, after committing felonies while in office. When he got out of jail we put him right back in! lmao.

Still worth it though.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

univbee posted:

Explain every politician who positively acknowledged the confederate flag, then.

You can advocate for and idolize it, you just can't have done it (and failed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Although actually wasn't everyone in the civil war eventually allowed to run for office again anyway? I remember that being a big deal and basically marking the end of reconstruction because the traitors got back into power.

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 16:18 on Dec 15, 2017

• Locked thread