Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win?
Moore! *grope*
Jones! *shrugs, looks around* who?
View Results

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lmfao someone give trump his phone please I need this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

[red alabama]
:chaostrump: wololoooo :chaostrump:
[blue alabama]

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you saying Trump is a democratic priest?

priests ain't got nothin on the diddling prowess of trump or moore

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They picked this mayor quimby looking shitsack to go up against this lady from moveon

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Al! posted:

chris matthews is the most handsome man on television

It only looks that way because they cut from bannon to his face

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MysteriousStranger posted:

Six years is a LONG time to build up a good reputation and deliver loads of pork to your home state. A lot can change in that time frame. Plus people get used to you and get normalized to the concept of you as their Senator.

look at this post from 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/PatThomasNews/status/940775094187708416

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Powered Descent posted:

If the electorate doesn't even know the difference between a photon torpedo and a proton torpedo, what hope do they have of understanding more complex issues?

believe me they know when the fauxton torpedo is in their tailpipe

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HMS Beagle posted:

If you're trying to shame me for wanting to see a sad turtle fight a fleshy mound of white supremacism then I just don't know. This is what I spent most of my childhood doing with action figures.

And much like the Godzilla movies the problem is that no matter which monster wins the city is turned into radioactive toxic rubble so it's real fuckin' dumb to hope parliamentary procedure gamera fights theocracy godzilla downtown

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Didn't Doug Jones repeatedly tell people healthcare is a right or is there some gold tassel poo poo that makes it not count

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alnilam posted:

did the pedo concede yet

He will never log off

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Elephanthead posted:

So is there no recount on special elections what is up with that? All records get immediately destroyed?

I think it's senate elections not having a provision for a recount requested/paid for with non-public funds. If it was within a half a percent it would be an auto-recount but it ain't within half a percent.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Almost like running the embalmed corpse of the encrusted establishment drives turnout against you

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Also, if you don't give the GOP a way to turn the race into a strawman beatdown against every bogeyman in the playbook, they don't seem to get fired up as much. I have a sneaking suspicion that the years of getting their base hooked on "triggering libs" and "fighting the agenda" is gonna backfire if the DNC figures out that they can just stay off the stage and let the candidates speak for themselves.

It's pretty clear they tried that super hard, and kept trying it after Moore lost by claiming Jones had to caucus with the GOP. It backfired because that message didn't have a lot to latch on to. The closest thing to "Hollywood celebrities" was who, Charles Barkley? Nobody from any "wing" of the party at large went down there, no Hillary, no Bernie, no Elizabeth, they didn't give the party referendum tactic any exposed flesh to stab at and it turned the race back on to Moore the ChiMo vs Jones, Jailer of klan Terrorists. Bannon showed up, trump kind of did a hover hand thing by rallying in Pensacola, both tried to make it into a party-vote thing and it just didn't close the deal. Black voters absolutely won that election with turnout, and that is what makes the white apathy (seriously, Moore carried less than half trump's vote haul) all the more glaring. If this can be reproduced in places where that kind of turnout is impossible (i.e. plains states, Midwest rural areas) then lmaoooo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"Betto"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Nick Saban, head coach for the University of Alabama football team received 20,500 write-in votes for the election to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions

You saying nobody scratched in "TRUMP" on their ballots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

get that OUT of my face posted:

the DNC didn't really help out jones that much, right? i'm not sure whether that's because Jones is a good candidate or whether the DNC figured it's not worth fighting a battle they thought they'd lose

I believe the DNC kicked in a couple/few million and it was focused on ground-level infrastructure, GOTV and canvassing and stuff that didn't involve mailers or airtime, so the GOP's attempts to turn the election from a referendum on pedophilia to a fight against the Schumer/(((agenda))) strawman weren't strong enough to overcome the fact that they sent a blood-chugging child predator to the general.

• Locked thread