Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

howe_sam posted:

Cool, I liked Deke, especially after he went back in time.

and Clark Gregg is coming back...to direct the season premiere
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1020707424058118144

Is this the first thing he's directed? It also doesn't mean he will be in it, but it doesn't mean he won't.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
He directed the Fitz arrives in the future episode, I think.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
He directed the 100th episode iirc

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This is awesome news!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

But he's the worst.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mymla posted:

But he's the worst.

Fitz account spotted

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I'm binge watching season 5 to catch up. And does the show even exist in the MCU continuity anymore? Or did they carefully weave it into an alternate timeline/universe?

That said, I'm on episode 19.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's still in the MCU.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd actually love it if season 2 takes place between IW and Avengers 4, so its post Snap. For some reason the the main cast is spared.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doronin posted:

I'm binge watching season 5 to catch up. And does the show even exist in the MCU continuity anymore? Or did they carefully weave it into an alternate timeline/universe?

That said, I'm on episode 19.

It basically coexists just enough that people can feel justified Kramer in here with movie spoilers opening night asking if the show will aknowledge Thanos shooting Stark's dog.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
So is Fitz dead or paralyzed? I'm all caught up now!

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Doronin posted:

Frozen.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Doronin posted:

He's dead as gently caress, but they have a spare who's

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

:confused:

I completely missed that. When did they reveal this?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Doronin posted:

Remember how Fitz froze himself to go to the future? And now that future didn't happen? Well, now that the other Fitz died, they're going to pick up the leftover Fitz out floating in space.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Doronin posted:

His past self is in cryostasis being watched over by Enoch in space waiting to meet up with the team in the bad timeline. Now that the bad timeline isn’t happening they could go retrieve Fitzicle if they knew where to find him.

Personally I go back and forth on whether I want to see this happen, as it cheapens Fitz’s death and is a bit awkward, but on the other hand drat it De Caestecker is the best.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

His past self is in cryostasis being watched over by Enoch in space waiting to meet up with the team in the bad timeline. Now that the bad timeline isn’t happening they could go retrieve Fitzicle if they knew where to find him.

Personally I go back and forth on whether I want to see this happen, as it cheapens Fitz’s death and is a bit awkward, but on the other hand drat it De Caestecker is the best.

Why shouldn't they? It's established now that the time travel works with alternate universes so there's no point in leaving a perfectly good Fitz out there forever.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

"Hi, Enoch? Good to finally get you on space radio. Hey, so, you have a Fitz frozen in cryostasis on your ship, right? Well, we witnessed that Fitz come back in time to sacrifice himself to successfully prevent a dystopian horror-future, which means the future he lived to stop will never happen. We've discussed it amongst ourselves, and we've decided that waking up the Fitz you have would cheapen the narrative impact of our Fitz's death, so can you just, I dunno, shoot your Fitz in the head or something? Ok, thanks!"

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Hopefully they bring Enoch back too.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Arist posted:

Remember how Fitz froze himself to go to the future? And now that future didn't happen? Well, now that the other Fitz died, they're going to pick up the leftover Fitz out floating in space.

PierreTheMime posted:

Oh wow, yeah, totally overlooked that aspect of things. Thanks for the explanation.

I'm not sure how I feel either way about retrieving a frozen Fitz. But with the show ending I wouldn't mind seeing FitzSimmons just live happily ever after. They deserve it.

I'm also waiting to see if they science Ruby back to life. For some reason I'm not convinced shes actually dead.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Vorgen posted:

"Hi, Enoch? Good to finally get you on space radio. Hey, so, you have a Fitz frozen in cryostasis on your ship, right? Well, we witnessed that Fitz come back in time to sacrifice himself to successfully prevent a dystopian horror-future, which means the future he lived to stop will never happen. We've discussed it amongst ourselves, and we've decided that waking up the Fitz you have would cheapen the narrative impact of our Fitz's death, so can you just, I dunno, shoot your Fitz in the head or something? Ok, thanks!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
His brain is still gonna be all messed up tho right? Like, Evil Fitz will still be a factor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GobiasIndustries posted:

His brain is still gonna be all messed up tho right? Like, Evil Fitz will still be a factor.

But they'll be aware of it and get him help.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I really can't imagine a season 6 without this issue being a major thread!

Daisy will struggle to balance viewing him as a dear friend with a brain injury who needs help, with the fact that "he" was an absolute monster to her in a future non-existent timeline which she remembers and he does not...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He doesn't know he's married. Awkward.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm looking forward to Fitz learning to cope with all the things he's simultaneously done and missed. On the plus, he gets to restart his relationship with Deke.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 23, 2018

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rocksicles posted:

He doesn't know he's married. Awkward.
On the upside, the first thing he did when he met Simmons again was to ask her to marry him, so this won't be AS bad. May have to re-do the ceremony, though...

GobiasIndustries posted:

Like Rhyno said, he can get help now. Plus, there's a lot of stress and alien weirdness he doesn't have to deal with now, which might help some.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

On the upside, the first thing he did when he met Simmons again was to ask her to marry him, so this won't be AS bad. May have to re-do the ceremony, though...

Like Rhyno said, he can get help now. Plus, there's a lot of stress and alien weirdness he doesn't have to deal with now, which might help some.

But he never got to be Han Solo. All that Carbonite freezing for nothing.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'm super excited to see how they are going to go about explaining Deke to him

"Don't worry about all the stuff in the future you were going to. We saved the world and that future never happens now. Also, this is Deke, our grandson."

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Deke will be stuck between Daisy and Fitz. Deke wants to love Fitz and Daisy. Daisy wants to kill Fitz2 for things Fitz1 did to her.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've only just been able to catch up on the thread thanks to show only finishing here last night (watched the finale today).

Overall I liked the season, I wasn't sold on the space setting at first, but as they developed the story more I really got more and more into it. Everything since they got back to the present was ace. Well, I wasn't crazy about the internal conflict or the way YoYo needlessly kept little details from the team. And it wasn't really resolved terribly well (Mack's attitude towards YoYo never really got addressed), but I can let it go. Coulson's send-off was fantastic. "It really is magical". :allears: I do hope they bring him back though, I love his character and it would be a shame to lose him. Plus it's sad that he and May will only get a few weeks together at most. Daisy's fight with Grabitalbot was really good too. Sad to see him killed off, though, but I guess it was inevitable.

Anyway, psyched that the show has been renewed for Season 6 (and Deke!) and can't wait till next Summer now.

Oh, and I was really confused because I thought I was watching the penultimate episode today because All4 listed it as episode 21, all through it I was thinking it felt very season finale-ish, then I was like "Wait, is this the season finale?" Then I realised that it was listing the 2 hour season opener as Episode 1 (rather than 1 and 2).

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 23, 2018

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

The handling of YoYo's arms is what gives me faith they'll do this properly. Yeah, we can give you cool cyborg arms with our megatech. But it still sucks. Losing your arms is still an awful thing to deal with.

They know how weird the backup Fitz is, I'm just hoping they milk it as much as I want them to.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I think Fitz gets a roster spot on the "T.V. character who were put through hosed up ordeals" all-star team. He's in elite company, there are others on the team but he's definitely a starter to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NowonSA posted:

I think Fitz gets a roster spot on the "T.V. character who were put through hosed up ordeals" all-star team. He's in elite company, there are others on the team but he's definitely a starter to me.

I think he has now surpassed Wesley (from Angel) on the list of "characters with amazing arcs that got hosed in the end."

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Rhyno posted:

I think he has now surpassed Wesley (from Angel) on the list of "characters with amazing arcs that got hosed in the end."

Would you like me to lie to you now?

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

None of them hold a candle to the king of suffering every-men, Miles O'Brien, the only enlisted man in Starfleet.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Gangringo posted:

None of them hold a candle to the king of suffering every-men, Miles O'Brien, the only enlisted man in Starfleet.

When your wife gets possessed by an evil alien ghost and it's an improvement, you might be Miles O'Brien.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gelf posted:

Daisy will struggle to balance viewing him as a dear friend with a brain injury who needs help, with the fact that "he" was an absolute monster to her in a future non-existent timeline which she remembers and he does not...
The upside there is that Daisy's already had time to deal with it, while Fitzsicle will still be fresh in the midst of his "I think I'm a bad person" mindset, so it's a little easier to work out between them than "I strapped you to a table and ripped something out of your brain without anesthetic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Of course if they absolutely want to troll everyone, they could thaw him out just in time for him to get dusted by Thanos, I can practically see half the fan base suffering simultaneous aneurysms if it happened. :D