Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
FITZ STATUS: WORKED ON IT

e: oh poo poo Fitz started the rumor about SHIELD and Daisy blowing up the Earth didn't he?

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"SHE SHOULD FIGHT TO THE DEATH" is probably Fitz saying "okay buy me time here I've got an angle" as opposed to letting someone just wander up and buy Daisy sight unseen.

It's gonna be Mae versus Daisy though lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

From afraid to use a gun, to this. :black101:

Between this and getting his future killswitch flipped, his time in the Matrix is actually going to turn out a net positive.

I mean, y'know, other than killing Director Mace and all. But hey, at least he got to go out as an Inhuman heroic savior of children that way!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I really don't want to deal with The Whole World Hates SHIELD Part the 30th so my hope is that they gate Daisy back to an exact moment where Daisybot is in public and she instantly smashes it to wires and gears.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Sad we couldn't just get Uatu for this one, but the Watchers are already over in the movie universe, so I guess they're off limits. :sigh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Plus Watchers aren't supposed to interfere ever.

:frogbon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

quote:

[video=https://i.imgur.com/AdTr54j.mp4]

My favorite part of this is the initial slow motion that makes you think OH NO SOMEONE'S ABOUT TO EAT IT BECAUSE THEY FORGOT ABOUT oh okay that works too Fitz.

e: Also Jemma's proud I FOUND A WEAPON :buddy: as she holds up a butter knife. lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Let me tell you about a poster named Barry Convex. He said some things, back in season one. Things about SHIELD.

Speaking of which it should be just about time for the annual announcement of impending cancellation

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Look I know zero about the comics and even I know how this plays out:

Daisy: I must summon all my power to defeat Graviton
Graviton: Oh no we have caused a terrible chain reaction
Flint: I will hold the world together with my powers somehow it's ok
Everyone: :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

So we all onbaord with Deke being Mack & Yoyo's grandson yeah? Good.

ftfy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ojjeorago posted:

You're all overthinking it.

the most abstract loss.jpg yet

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

tessiebee posted:

Im completely fuckin lost after this episode. Alright up to now but I have problems with time fuckery and keeping things on track. Oh well. I hope it starts to make sense soon

It will probably involve events unfolding with context this time (like Daisy trying to hide and stop her from blowing up the world, thus causing her "last known" footage) and we'll all have this humongous sense of dread until the team finally figures it out and saves the day.

Maybe :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

Well, yeah. He's got to get to the past somehow, so he can change his last name to Ward and have his sons.

Edit: With Daisy, obviously.

This took a turn that I was very uncomfortable with

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Apoplexy posted:

I love the Russian pseudo-MODOK and hope they bring him back.

I still like Moscow Operative Designed Only for Killing and I'm going to keep using it until I make it a thing :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hey can someone remind me, what was the deal with the ghost people in the first part of season 4? I know it had something to do with the book but I can't remember exactly what it was. I also remember there were a few eps where some of the team were ghosted.

Darkhold corrupted Robbie's uncle, and he put together a machine that stuffed all their souls into little boxes so he could gank them for more power. He eventually did and gained earth manipulation magic until Ghost Rider went "lol nah."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

It's probably something he found in the Ravager's stores, that was probably Kree.

Must've been in a tight place no one noticed.

Because he was small.

Good for thievin'.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Love 2 bootstrap paradox

also loved Fitz's :matters: speech. Reading it again, people are right: there's no guarantee of a time loop. Fitz has no idea what the gently caress and has just given up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

That just makes me think about how ridiculous all the "science" is in the Arrowverse and how relatively grounded the science is in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I still watch them all though. I'm not proud.

Most recent Supergirl had her throw a maximum security space prison faster than the speed of light and a star that emitted radiation fatal to organisms with a Y-chromosome.

Please don't turn into the guy who yells about physics in a comic book show.

Just don't do it. Step back from the ledge.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

I'm the gal who patiently waits until the show is over and then says "I wasn't going to say anything, but now I am saying something anyway about how dumb that was because I am smart and wise and know things and the writers are dumb and stupid; tell me how amazing I am because I know thing."
Then I get laughed at because nobody loving cares but me.

this is p amazing

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I hope blue lady isn't dead, for a vicious killer general with an unbounded hatred for humans I really liked her. She and Cassius were a great couple. :smith:

That's been the neat thing about this season's villains. From a Kree perspective they're the underdog heroes. From the human perspective, they're goddamn monsters.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
otoh watching cassius melt down has been pretty hilarious

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
One of the best things this episode is Jemma and Fitz both going "wtf is this poo poo it's unintelligible" in response to the bootstrap paradox. At least it's not just us! :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

I think SHIELD is dead beacause it's dead in the movies.

or maybe that's what they want you to think :tinfoil:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

I'd like one pod, even if it's short, to be The Team Goes on Vacation.

Maybe throw a funny mystery in there too, just to keep the plot moving.

It'd be worth it just for everyone to be like "surprise boss we're on our way to tahiti!" and coulson being all :stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
an entire line of patton oswalds doing the routine from The Full Monty

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I don't like this time loop thing

It's the kind of thing a writing team could look at and go "hey you know what we can milk another couple of seasons out of the loop happening again" :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

Went looking for an Instagram titty bitch

post of the year right here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doggles posted:

This is how I want Coulson to return in Infinity War.

Thor: "Son of Coul, we thought you were dead!"

Coulson: "I am." *head bursts into flames*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
He got poisoned by the knife you dorks.

This is going to be just like the "it's not a time loop!" discussion earlier, isn't it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I don't want it to end by any means, but with infinity war coming up, it'd be a lot simpler than dancing around "oh btw thanos killed half the universe nbd

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Two things.

One, how those two managed to have the dumbest motherfucker this side of Barry Allen as offspring is beyond me. :v:

Two, does the Nightmare Dimension mean Nightmare himself is going to pop out of there at some point? Because he'd be pretty dope as a show's Final Boss.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

I mean there was Stark claiming he was one to try and blow off Coulson at the start of the Avengers, but that was also pretty clearly more of an Easter Egg joke than a real thing that exists in that world.

You have to unpack it yourself a little, but at one point they mention there was an original LMD initiative before the mad doctor guy (good lord I've already forgotten his name) finally achieved it, which would jive with Tony knowing about it. And the people it was stolen from?

That's right.

The Koenig brothers.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Man, that joke Yoyo made was rough. The writers really went out on a limb putting it in.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I suspect it's the other way around.

(Mostly because Creel seems to be a genuinely good guy.)

Creel's only in this because they've got something on him. Otherwise he'd just absorb some concrete and tell them to piss off the hard way.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Is Creel a "good guy" or is he just not an "evil guy" along the lines of SHIELD's typical Nazi/Apocalyptic/Eugenic/Slavetrading villains?

Its been awhile and I can't really remember.

he's a low level thug leg breaker. In Netflix Marvel he'd probably be as much of a hero as Frank is. On AoS he's more a wild card tweener.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
tbf if Deek said he was my grandson I'd throw up too :haw:

e: Man just one episode ago those two were all happy and married and now Leo's having a loving psychotic break. Just once can you let the man be happy?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Open Source Idiom posted:

So, uh, fridge thought. Is Hale actually working for HYDRA, or is she just playing this space faction? She told Coulson that she wanted to avert a coming disaster, she told Alex that she thought HYDRA was a boy's club. I still think it's possible that she's on the up-and-up, only in an incredibly ruthless way.

She literally shot two of her own agents in the head point blank unexpectedly because they couldn’t find a couple of dudes with alien tech. If she had a mustache to twirl, she’d be doing it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yawn. Call me back when Quake's in the second Infinity Wars movie.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kheldarn posted:

I'm thinking it's not HYDRA HYDRA. The Kree talking to Hale said something about a seat on the... I forget the word he used, not Council, but... I wanna say Confederacy...

Anyway, it's something the Kree are putting together, and they're using HYDRA to bring in people like Hale.

Two beavers are better than one.

The Kree are quietly putting together a pretty good legion of doom here: Ruby, von Strucker, Creel, MODOK, and presumably Graviton. Hale’s super expendable and is going to end up taking Space PCP here pretty soon. Bank it.

Also I thought of a pretty good way to handle Fitz falling apart: he sacrifices himself to enable Daisy to beat Graviton, finally earning her forgiveness and breaking the loop. While everyone consoles the grieving widow in the finale, Enoch swings by and goes “whoops better not create a paradox imma just leave this here” and a thawed Fitz is all “hay guys what did I miss :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Having a space-Fitz be the "real" Fitz seems kinda creepy to me, he wouldn't remember anything about the marriage and being a time badass and it'd be real weird for Jemma too.

Every marriage has it’s rough patches. Sometimes it’s arguments about cities to live in, sometimes it’s that your husband was plucked out of the timeline and returned to you without the memories made in the past six months