Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this thread is for predicting what stupid nightmare poo poo will go down once trump decides to invade Iran on false pretences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dying for trump's oil profits!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7eSc1pRDCc

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 18:33 on Dec 16, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

death crew DEATH CREW

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

dying for trumps ego

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

re-invades iraq

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
mattis spills coffee on his papers and accidentally invades Burma

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

death crew DEATH CREW
oh maaan i don't like the sound of death crew

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

oh maaan i don't like the sound of death crew

It's like Judge Death, but with shitposting

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

tower time has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Dec 16, 2017

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

bump_fn posted:

this thread is for predicting what stupid nightmare poo poo will go down once trump decides to invade Iran on false pretences
at least 0.7 vietnams worth of dead US soldiers

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

"my own personal vietnam, because i haven't made it yet" :smugdon:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

at least 0.7 vietnams worth of dead US soldiers

whats the Iraq invasion at, .5 vietnams?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

bump_fn posted:

whats the Iraq invasion at, .5 vietnams?
5.5 vietnams and counting in terms of civilian casualties :w00t:

if you count contractors and incapacitated/irreversibly wounded, the coalition casualties are just 0.3 vietnams, 0.1 if you don't

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

if you count contractors and incapacitated/irreversibly wounded, the coalition casualties are just 0.3 vietnams, 0.1 if you don't

I specifically meant us soldiers since thats what you mentioned, I know that civ casualties are comically worse :smith:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

death crrreeewwww

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

in terms of civilian dead (counting both north and south vietnam, and going by the lancet study) iraq is at most 1.0 vietnams, possibly 0.3 vietnams if you go by the official vietnamese estimates

vietnam was a big fuckin' war, US presence in iraq peaked at roughly a third the equivalent figure for vietnam, and the US of the vietnam war period had 2/3rds the population it did at the start of Iraq

not surprising they had to start conscripting for vietnam considering how they had to scrape the barrel for willing recruits to send to iraq

Fallen Hamprince has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Dec 16, 2017

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

in terms of civilian dead (counting both north and south vietnam, and going by the lancet study) iraq is at most 1.0 vietnams, possibly 0.3 vietnams if you go by the official vietnamese estimates

vietnam was a big fuckin' war, US presence in iraq peaked at roughly a third the equivalent figure for vietnam, and the US of the vietnam war period had 2/3rds the population it did at the start of Iraq

not surprising they had to start conscripting for vietnam considering how they had to scrape the barrel for willing recruits to send to iraq
:milk: they started conscripting to fight stalin hitler and didnt stop til 1973

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
wow its been like over a decade since ive seen live coverage of a city having ordnance dropped on it all nite long

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

wow its been like over a decade since ive seen live coverage of a city having ordnance dropped on it all nite long

does your provider not have RT :thunk:

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
is this thread from an alternate timeline where everyone in dc isn't gearing up for korean war pt. 2

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Wakko posted:

is this thread from an alternate timeline where everyone in dc isn't gearing up for korean war pt. 2

korea actually have nukes tho

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Wakko posted:

i think op means in addition to, not instead of, korea

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
mike pence, inside his mustang, gets the call

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

Trump admin will float the idea of instituting a draft and it will light the fires of revolution

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

How long will it take to capture Tehran? 2 days
Will Khamenei be killed? Yes
Total Iranian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iran: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iranian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Revolutionary Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Khamenei mine the strait? Yes
Will Khamenei launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Khamenei sacrifice Tehran (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iraq do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Khamenei burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iran? ~15 years
Will the Iranian war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the tehran bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

wizard on a water slide posted:

mike pence, mustang inside him, gets the call

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wakko posted:

still 1.0, the war never ended, it's just been on extended armistice

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

holy poo poo lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol that nobody is buying it and they'll go to war anyway

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Mariana Horchata posted:

I know it was rude that they stopped broadcasting it even tho they never stopped

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

I wonder if those chinese anti-carrier missiles work good

and I wonder how many they sold to iran

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

as an idiot 13 year old i thought the iraq war would be a good idea even if there were no WMD's because it would get rid of saddam

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Jose posted:

as an idiot 13 year old i thought the iraq war would be a good idea even if there were no WMD's because it would get rid of saddam

no way jose

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

lol u were a loving dumb as poo poo kid lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

not dumb enough to believe there were wmds at least