Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

tiny day crew brain: it’ll be Iran or korea

galaxy death crew brain: it’ll be iran and korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the game was mediocre tbh, hope the live action remake is better Op!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

as an idiot 13 year old i thought the iraq war would be a good idea even if there were no WMD's because it would get rid of saddam

same except I was 10

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol if u weren't old enough to be in a state of absolute terror scared u were gonna get drafted after 9/11

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i supported the iraq war when i was 13 because my dad did, though i was conflicted because i liked to play iraq in red alert 2 because of their kickass ground poisoning radiation unit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
my dad supported nuking argentina during the falklands lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id9c5PiJ9KY

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

bump_fn posted:

lol if u weren't old enough to be in a state of absolute terror scared u were gonna get drafted after 9/11

Just lol if ur health was good enough to make you draft eligible

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The piss tape will be made public but everyone that watches it will die in a week's time

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

well god damnit now i got to download red alert 2

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

desolator: here comes the sun

me: it's alright

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

that was honestly probably the most evenly sided war in the 20th century imo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

lmao ur dads a tory owned

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's left wing but in his words at the time "we have the deterrent, lets use it"

they started the war by invading a nuclear power

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Jose posted:

he's left wing but in his words at the time "we have the deterrent, lets use it"

they started the war by invading a nuclear power

LMFAO

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
left wing but willing to bomb poor countries for fun, also known as not left wing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they started the war m8

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Jose posted:

they started the war m8

:jerkbag:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jose posted:

they started the war m8

the falklands deserved it :shrug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bump_fn posted:

this thread is for predicting what stupid nightmare poo poo will go down once trump decides to invade Iran on false pretences

he won't because it needs him to sign off on it personally

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if pence/a dem gets into power through its war time for sure

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

wizard on a water slide posted:

mike pence, his mustang inside him, gets the call

ftfy

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
galaxy brain: nuke the falkland islands, now nobody gets them

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

We invade both Iran and North Korea, bad poo poo happens, millions of troops are killed, Trump calls for a draft, the current youth revolt and take over the country Red October style

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

It will be a silent spring.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Don't start a war you can't win imo

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the belgrano had it coming

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Prav posted:

How long will it take to capture Tehran? 2 days
Will Khamenei be killed? Yes
Total Iranian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iran: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iranian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Revolutionary Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Khamenei mine the strait? Yes
Will Khamenei launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Khamenei sacrifice Tehran (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iraq do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Khamenei burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iran? ~15 years
Will the Iranian war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the tehran bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

time is a flat circle

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Prav posted:

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the tehran bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

this is what neocons actually believe

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Prav posted:

Source your quotes

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mcclay posted:

Source your quotes

Was it Grover?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Frosted Flake posted:

Was it Grover?

:grovertoot:

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012
The Orb wants Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9selhGBPdek

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

holy poo poo

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

lmao even in their propaganda the saudis have americans doing the actual fighting, what weak garbage people

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
America has known for like 4 decades that Donald Trump is an insane huckster, yet we still voted him control over the lives and deaths of MILLIONS, it rules

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
im gonna watch the state of the union to hopefully watch trump have an accident

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Prav posted:

if this is serious and not some 15 yr old meme from 2003 then this is insanely optimistic even for the equivalent of operation iranian freedom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Typo posted:

if this is serious and not some 15 yr old meme from 2003 then this is insanely optimistic even for the equivalent of operation iranian freedom

hearts & minds~ :h:

We will be greeted and welcome as liberators.