Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This thread is missing something.

Jinder plz show bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rovert posted:

WWE never was planning that. I told you all that months and months ago. Now Meltzer is saying "plans changed" after guessing wrong about them cutting an angle at the Mae Young Classic finals and saying they were going to have a match at Survivor Series.

I remember this. it was all a silly proposition to begin with, given that only one of them can wrestle but they were gearing up for a big blowoff match in a few months? Bollocks to dave. Thanks again

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm glad KANE is main eventing a big PPV in 2018.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm glad KANE is main eventing a big PPV in 2018.

He's not

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
John and Wai said on their review that Rhyno looked twice as huge as normal. Was it a jacked or thicc huge?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

rhyno has never in his life been jacked

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He just looked like Rhyno to me - a man as wide as he is tall with long hair, bulging eyes, and a love for cheese spray.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jerusalem posted:

He just looked like Rhyno to me - a man as wide as he is tall with long hair, bulging eyes, and a love for cheese spray.

i think every time i see rhyno i forget how thick he is. every single time im like "man he is way thicker than before" and ill check some reference material, and, no, wow geez he's been that level of thickness forever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i love rhyno and his little t-rex arms

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'm pretty psyched for more rhyno and heath stuff

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

The segment wasn't good because Steph came out and got the crowd to do 'YES' chants. It was because we got to see a whole bunch of women experience a breakthrough that clearly meant so much to every single one of them. When we saw Nia rushing over to hug Alexa or Asuka grinning like a loon we were seeing the performers behind the characters and that's what I appreciated.

Kayfabe is dead for the most part, but it would still be nice to not so blatantly break it during the main event of Raw. They have so many outlets to show those reactions. You could probably do a whole Total Divas episode based on it, do a WWE 24 based on the first Women's Royal Rumble.

I know this boarders fantasy booking, but it would have been more impactful if it was announced on Smackdown in a situation where you actually have 9 women that are all seemingly going after Charlotte for the title. Do the big brawl to end the show, announce that they'll all have a shot in the first ever women's Royal Rumble match, show the faces happy and the heels pissed. It's the same loving concept, but not all WOMENS REVOLUTION, HERE IS ANOTHER FIRST cringeworthy speech by Stephanie.

I don't know... I wish they would just stick to Kayfabe more on the main shows. It's just weird seeing something like the Iron Man match end in HHH bringing flowers out to both competitors. It's like someone said in the other thread, how weird would it be seeing all the men in the ring hugging after the announcement of the first Elimination Chamber match. How odd would it be if Sanity and TUE started hugging when they announce the first Wargames Match after like 18 years.

I'm happy for the girls, and love seeing their reactions, but I think the announcement could make a much bigger impact if done correctly

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Astro7x posted:

Kayfabe is dead for the most part, but it would still be nice to not so blatantly break it during the main event of Raw. They have so many outlets to show those reactions. You could probably do a whole Total Divas episode based on it, do a WWE 24 based on the first Women's Royal Rumble.

I know this boarders fantasy booking, but it would have been more impactful if it was announced on Smackdown in a situation where you actually have 9 women that are all seemingly going after Charlotte for the title. Do the big brawl to end the show, announce that they'll all have a shot in the first ever women's Royal Rumble match, show the faces happy and the heels pissed. It's the same loving concept, but not all WOMENS REVOLUTION, HERE IS ANOTHER FIRST cringeworthy speech by Stephanie.

I don't know... I wish they would just stick to Kayfabe more on the main shows. It's just weird seeing something like the Iron Man match end in HHH bringing flowers out to both competitors. It's like someone said in the other thread, how weird would it be seeing all the men in the ring hugging after the announcement of the first Elimination Chamber match. How odd would it be if Sanity and TUE started hugging when they announce the first Wargames Match after like 18 years.

I'm happy for the girls, and love seeing their reactions, but I think the announcement could make a much bigger impact if done correctly

equality!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Astro7x posted:

DoctorGonzo posted:

that thing is going to be won by someone stupid like one of the bellas, stephanie or ronda rousey. who the gently caress cares

dayjib
Jan 15, 2017

rovert posted:

WWE never was planning that. I told you all that months and months ago. Now Meltzer is saying "plans changed" after guessing wrong about them cutting an angle at the Mae Young Classic finals and saying they were going to have a match at Survivor Series.

So is it Ronda for the rumble then?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

hmm yes agreed, now let me go watch my favourite WWE tag team the young bucks

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

beggar posted:

John and Wai said on their review that Rhyno looked twice as huge as normal. Was it a jacked or thicc huge?

Rhyno is basically a van but a person

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Looking forward to the WWE presents Royal Rumble PPV, with pre-show cruiserweight rumble, opening tag team rumble, semi-main women's rumble, big man three way, and men's rumble to close.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Is the divas rumble going to be 30 competitors?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

HOT! New Memes posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the ring will be pink and after the match everyone is going to thank Stephanie for inventing womens wrestling, breast cancer and the civil rights movement

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

HOT! New Memes posted:

I could see them going with 20, both for practical purposes and as a nod to the original men's rumble. IIRC they have 21 women on the active roster, minus the 2 champions (assuming they run with the title shot stip). That leaves room for one cameo/Ronda/NXT pre-debut, assuming Becky's back and everyone stays healthy. 30 would be fun but obviously require some padding; I assume it's not too big a deal for them to reach out to like Kelly Kelly and a few others.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I never want to see Kelly Kelly in a wrestling ring again.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'll see anyone and laugh about it. i truly don't give a gently caress at all. Let's see them in the ring or elsewhere, anyone

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If they do 30 theres a very real chance stephanie will be in the match. Her yearly minor comeuppance will be after she eliminates 1-2 women she'll get surprise tossed out by someone and hit the floor. I imagine there will be 20 with cameos especially if theres singles bouts and noone pulls a roman "fight for title and enter rumble the same night" bit.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bring back major gunss, midajah, april hunter, bobby billard, etc

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Stephanie vs Asuka at Mania

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Steph is going to enter the Rumble and do the Andre/ Big show spot where like 10 people try and eliminate her and she shoves them all across the ring

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

If they do 30 theres a very real chance stephanie will be in the match. Her yearly minor comeuppance will be after she eliminates 1-2 women she'll get surprise tossed out by someone and hit the floor. I imagine there will be 20 with cameos especially if theres singles bouts and noone pulls a roman "fight for title and enter rumble the same night" bit.

Nah Stephanie will obviously win

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
man im watching the january 5th 98 raw, and this thing has everything, its like a half hour in, we've already had farooq and shamrock, with stone cold coming out and stunning the rock and shamrock, jim cornette introduces jeff jarrett and barry windham? for the nwa heavyweight title, jeff jarrett has a bad jeff jarrett match, then stone cold comes out and stuns him, and then we have the tna nazis in the next match.

like, a lot to take in.

e; AND i just looked up the jackyl and it's don callis, so we have the current njpw english team don callis and kevin kelly on commentary with michael cole and jr.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 19, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm pretty psyched for more rhyno and heath stuff

I hope Rhyno introduces Heath to all his crazy ECW buddies.

"Heath, I'd like you to meet my old friend New Jack. Good luck."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Internet says Rousey is filming a movie through February which could mean she wouldn't be allowed to do a WWE match.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Blaise330 posted:

if it gets her off tv for another couple of months I think I can bear it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:D

https://twitter.com/MemphisRasslin1/status/942642552632696832

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

AJ's book is gonna be a show.
https://twitter.com/TheAJMendez/status/943211190997671937

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/943200383962374144

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cody, Punk and Zack Were Always Bad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh my god goldust is in blackface on this episode jesus christ

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

oh my god goldust is in blackface on this episode jesus christ

It's really disgusting WWE still uses that character.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The idea that twitter is 6 years old is the must upsetting part of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

The idea that twitter is 6 years old is the must upsetting part of that.

i had a twitter account when i lived in a dorm, so, like, more like over a decade old, friend.

• Locked thread