Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koishi Komeiji

There's a lot of talk about so called "smart" homes and how convenient they make life but what if you're dumb? Huh? It's not fair that society places so much importance on being smart while ignoring us idiots and the dumb devs behind the stupid house movement. Post any cool dumb house apps you've come across so we can get the word out:

Doorify: Can't remember if you locked the door when you left the house? With the Doorify app you need not worry about these things anymore. The doorify app will randomly lock and unlock doors and windows as well as turn on and off any electric appliance in the house. Now the next time you're worrying about whether or not the stove is on you can confidently tell yourself: Maybe!

My ligt app: While it's not clear whether the devs deliberately misspelled light or if it's some kind of hacker abbreviation what is clear is the my ligt app is perfect for people who are burdened with the arduous task of turning on and off light switches. Simply remove the plate on every light switch in the house, attach the my ligt app dongle to the exposed wires and the next time you need to turn on or off a light simply open your my ligt app on your phone and put in a switch on or switch off command! (command may take up to 15 seconds to process.) Let there be ligt!

Alarmgler4: The anti burgler alarm Alarmgler4 is back with it's 4th open beta release. This time patched so that it doesn't continuously open and close any garage door within 50 feet of it! Alarmgler4 uses patented algoulhrythm© technology to detect and react to any possible threat by calling for help to report it's findings in what police describe as a "creepy hosed up kidnapper voice." Reviews so far have been mostly positive with user's reporting that their dog gets arrested 40% less often by the app. (Company not responsible if user's 911 service is disconnected.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

adequately intelligent house constantly reassures you that david foster wallace is overrated and the extended warranty, while not strictly necessary, provides valuable peace of mind

cda

by Hand Knit
Flowers for Algernon: The House

Koishi Komeiji

Bumper stickers except for houses.

"My other house is your wife's when you're not home."

"Keep knocking, I'm reloading my gun."

Calvin peeing on the homeowner's association symbol

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

house nutz - truck nutz but for houses

For Christmas: You attach some mistletoe to the nutz
For Halloween: You put a white cloth over the nutz and color in eyes, or maybe you draw a jack o lantern face on each nut, ot mix and match
On Thanksgiving: Everyone comes out and tells the nutz how thankful they are for something

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

alnilam

autonomous vehicles, by aiming to be cautious and good, are discriminatory against the vast majority of drivers who are horrible, drunk, self entitled, and inattentive

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

house bumper sticket:

My Shed is on the Honor Roll at Build It U

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
My smart house joined Mensa and lords it's superior intellect over me by shouting out the answers when I try to watch Jeopardy! and solving Wheel of Fortune puzzles for me. It's cool when it gets a call sometimes though because someone does a mobile shoutout on Cash Cab. At least we both agree that Ben Bailey is pretty cool but I don't think posting my weekly toilet habits on my Facebook page is right- I wonder if my home owner's association can scold it...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Smart house weaponizes your septic tank. You are now at war with your neighborhood watch!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
wouldn't an idiot be the sort to idiotically buy a smart house they can't use, though?

Jolo posted:

house nutz - truck nutz but for houses

For Christmas: You attach some mistletoe to the nutz
For Halloween: You put a white cloth over the nutz and color in eyes, or maybe you draw a jack o lantern face on each nut, ot mix and match
On Thanksgiving: Everyone comes out and tells the nutz how thankful they are for something

sometimes, in the late spring of May when it isn't raining so much, it's really nice to go sit outside on a stump, crack open a beer, and just admire the house nutz you've got sprawling all over the back forty of your land.

little bit of honeysuckle paradise on this Earth, bar none.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Duckbox

My smart house keeps quoting Zizek and telling me home ownership is a social construct.

I think it has termites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji

:siren:Do not use Uberhouse the app that lets you overclock your home.:siren: I played around with it just a little bit to see what it was like and now my house is all hosed up. The hallways are slow as gently caress, the living doesn't work anymore and the toilet is in Portuguese.

• Locked thread