Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I'm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Mors Rattus posted:

Dachsundofdoom: That looks like a 1e sheet, given Morality and the 7 Sins/7 Virtues Virtue and Vice. You will want to go through it using the 2e core! We are using 2e, the '1.5e' is because Hunter doesn't have a 2e, just a rules update kludgework in Mortal Remains. You still want to use the 2e core for making your pre-Hunter-template character.

Okay I'm confused. Is 1e oWoD in this regard? Or what?

Because I have the Hunter the Vigil book and that's it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

John Chrietzberg

John leans back in his chair with a sigh, drumming his pen against the desk as he stares out the door to the hallway, lost in thought. Running the sole FBI office in Red Mesa, Arizona and acting as FBI Liaison to bot the Navajo Tribal Police (loads of fun there, given their typical attitude to federal agents) and the Arizona state police certainly had its quirks. The little office that had been leased for him had belonged to an insurance agent at one point in history, and amounted to little more than two offices (one of which was laughably 'the conference room,'), a storage room, a small reception area, and a closet of a bathroom. It barely broke 800 sq/ft but it was where the Federal Bureau of Investigation had decided to land John Chrietzberg, agent of seven years, after he had hosed up.

Laying the pen down, John climbed from his chair and stepped out into the hallway. The office was closed at the moment; the little old lady who sat in her little chair behind the desk by the door was at home getting ready for a bridge game. John saw no reason to deny her the day off; it's not like much happened in Red Mesa. Nothing that she would receive calls for, anyways. Making sure the door was locked and the blinds drawn, John retreats back to his office and pulls a rubber-banded folder from his desk, which had been stamped with big, red block letters that read "SHRED: CONFIDENTIAL"

Not even a year ago, he had been looking at this same file in the comfort of a much nicer office in Chicago, Illinois. It'd ended up on his desk by mistake, or so he thought at the time, and his natural curiosity which had gotten him so far before in his career had lead him to reading the most disturbing poo poo he had ever laid eyes on. At first he figured it had been a prank played by one of his coworkers, but no one seemed to know anything about the file. When he brought it before his boss, the man hadn't even looked at it before telling Chrietzberg to simply shred everything and forget about it. No laughter, no joking around, no nudge nudge wink wink that it had to all be a joke; the man hadn't seemed annoyed so much as terrified. That spoke volumes to the detective in John.

Following the leads in the file had put him in contact with Officer King of the Chicago PD, a decorated civil servant whose name had come up numerous times throughout the report. King had grown grim when John asked him about the file, and the two had met up a week later in a seedy little bar in downtown Chicago where the cop told him everything he read in there was 100% true. He showed the agent the wounds he'd suffered chasing down the monsters described in the file, and even lead him to an abandoned apartment complex where the two of them ran into one of the creatures on accident. John had discharged his assigned sidearm into the fleeing beast numerous times to no avail, a mistake that would cost him his cushy office. Jason explained to him everything he knew, which wasn't much more than was in the file, and suggested that if John wanted to protect his country and the people in it, to get in touch with a small group called The Union.

Unfortunately for John, he wouldn't get in contact with the Illinois chapter; the police had been called due to the sound of gunfire in the neighborhood, and when ballistics matched the shells to John's own firearm, the FBI stepped in to shut the investigation down as part of national security. John found himself up poo poo creek without a paddle, and it was only his stellar record that had kept him from getting shitcanned. Instead, he found himself reassigned to Arizona, with the promise that he'd use the 'vacation' to get his head together and stop chasing fairy tales.

Agent Chrietzberg chuckled. He'd added to the file since then. He'd met a member of the Navajo tribe who had dealt with weird poo poo out in the desert, and a coroner who had more than once found the dead to get back up again. He had their cards and their testimonies, all off the record for the FBI, and he knew they were in the same fight he was. There were things out there that were more than human, or looked human but had no capability for remorse or love. The media had called some of the men he'd put away monsters for the crimes they committed, but John knew, once and for all, that they were just sad imitations of the real monsters out there. Officer King had been right; he had to bring the fight to them.

pre:
Name: John Chrietzberg
Virtue: Righteous
Vice: Hateful
Tier 2 Hunter
Profession: FBI Field Agent
Concept: FBI Agent who dug into a conspiracy against orders and was reprimanded with a posting in the middle of nowhere. 

INT	2	STR	1	PRE	3
WIT	3	DEX	3	MAN	3
RES	3	STA	2	COM	2

Willpower: 5
Health: 8
Defense: 5
Initiative: 5
Speed: 9
Integrity: 7

MERITS:
Professional Training - 4 (Asset Skills: Investigation, Empathy, Intimidation) (1 pt free from house rule)
Trained Observer - 1
Quick Draw - 1 (Pistols)
Small Unit Tactics - 2
Contact (Jason King, Chicago PD) - 2 (FREE)
The Union Status - 1 (Free)
Mind of a Madman - 2 (Free)

SKILLS
MENTAL
Computer - 2
Investigation - 3 (Crime Scenes, Body Language) (One point from Rank 4 Professional Training)

PHYSICAL
Athletics - 2
Brawl - 1
Drive - 1
Firearms - 2 (Pistol)
Larceny - 1

SOCIAL
Empathy - 2 (Lie Detection, Motives)
Intimidation - 2 (Interrogations, Stare-Downs)
Persuasion - 2
Socialize - 2
Streetwise - 1
Subterfuge - 2
1. What is the worst thing your character has ever done, from their own perspective?
Mistakes happen when you're in law enforcement. Tensions are high, lives may be on the line. Deep down, John knows this. But he shot and killed a woman once, during a bust. She was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and she moved like a threat. She was unarmed. She had family.

2. What is the worst thing your character can imagine themselves doing?
If not straight up becoming one of those monsters, then acting like one. Tearing people open and using them for spells or whatever it is they do. He gets dangerously close to it sometimes. He can think like the maniacs he's hunted down. He dreams about it every now and again, and sometimes? When he has to think like them? He buys a LOT of coffee.

3. What is the worst thing your character can imagine someone else doing?
He can't fathom the levels people would stoop to for more power, more money, more anything. He's seen enough criminals do it. But to side with the things that go bump in the night, the beasts and monsters that prey on humanity? That's both insane AND stupid.

4. What strange, inexplicable or otherwise supernatural event has your character forgotten?
During the investigation that lead to his relocation to Arizona, John broke into a condemned apartment complex without a warrant. Inside, he found what he later came to believe signs of occult rituals, but what really stuck in his memory was the hideous looking humanoid creature that he caught fleeing the building. He had shot it eight times but it kept running. He never got a close look at it or its face, but it seemed human, except for the fact his gun did nothing to it. From what he's heard from members of the Union, it was likely some kind of vampire.

5. What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to your character?
In that same apartment complex, John found bodies eviscerated and laid out in bizarre poses and patterns in what he now believes was some arcane occult ritual. Some of the people were barely clinging to life and their groans and moans still haunt him.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 23, 2017

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
For the life of me I can't find these templates. I've checked the Vigil book, the WoD book, Mortal Remains, and God Machine. What am I missing? The Vigil book mentions them briefly but that's it. Is the template just.. having the profession poo poo? Don't you get that ANYWAYS?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I always figured the tiers were how aware you are of the monsters and conspiracies and all that. Like, once you know about Task Force Valkyrie and their anti-vampire plasma cannons, you ALWAYS know about ask Force Valkyrie and their anti-vampire plasma cannons.

I may be wrong on that though.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yeah I took the least 'supernatural' of the supernatural merits cause I just wanna be a regular rear end dude, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Mors Rattus posted:

If you do not want any magic powers, you do not need to use those 3 dots. You can declare you are using a narrative benefit, like 'I am Ice T and can just make up drug names whenever I want and be right' or whatever.

They're callin' it Walrus Tarts, It's made from Sudafed and Ambien. Found this chick in a Applebee's wearin' a beige zentai suit giving herself a tattoo of E.T. in drag.

• Locked thread