Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Chinatown posted:

steve jobs is loving dead and not coming back u TURDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Play posted:

Oh that's neat, I can buy a new battery for like 8 bucks and pop it in within a few seconds. But your idea is cool too. Definitely. Cool idea

No you can't unless your phone is old as balls or some weird extra lovely brand. No modern mainstream android phone has a replaceable battery.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

emoji posted:

No you can't unless your phone is old as balls or some weird extra lovely brand. No modern mainstream android phone has a replaceable battery.

TBH I was surprised to find out the S8 has an SD card slot.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Yeah your premium smartphone throttles your CPU to make your lovely old battery perform better. Don't like it then replace the battery.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Millstone posted:

Yeah your premium smartphone throttles your CPU to make your lovely old battery perform better. Don't like it then replace the battery.

The whole problem is it doesn't tell you it's doing this so most just assumed their phone couldn't handle IOS 11 and bought a new one.

gently caress Apple my next phone will be a google pixel

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Play posted:

Oh that's neat, I can buy a new battery for like 8 bucks and pop it in within a few seconds. But your idea is cool too. Definitely. Cool idea

Oh cool, running a Nokia is kind of neat in a retro way, I mean they did last a couple weeks on standby if you didn’t play too much Snake

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

theperminator posted:

gently caress Apple my next phone will be a google pixel

Why wait, just do it now.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

If they were concerned about my phone's battery life, the newest update wouldn't have flicked the Wi-Fi switch in the pull up menu from On/Off to On/Still-On-But-Not-Explicitly-Connecting-To-Anything.

Sad thing is that I've bought enough programs in the App Store to be begrudgingly loyal to the brand for life. I'm ready to buy a new phone...as soon as they fix the missing headphone jack problem.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

If they were concerned about my phone's battery life, the newest update wouldn't have flicked the Wi-Fi switch in the pull up menu from On/Off to On/Still-On-But-Not-Explicitly-Connecting-To-Anything.

Sad thing is that I've bought enough programs in the App Store to be begrudgingly loyal to the brand for life. I'm ready to buy a new phone...as soon as they fix the missing headphone jack problem.

Ah yes, the sunk cost phallusy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I wonder if it's partly to stop puffed batteries in older phones.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

myDad posted:

OS X is bad

This thread is bad.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
I will vote for Trump if he promises to nuke Cupertino on the first day of his next term

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

The Dennis System posted:

No wonder my 5S is so slow.

same but galaxy s7 that runs slower than the 5 year old sony I had before it

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
see this isn’t an issue with android cause they’ll never get updates cause their batteries are already poo poo cause they’re already horrendously slow

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

emoji posted:

Lg v20 b*tch

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Oh crap Reddit is going to have a cow

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
when a major multi billion dollar company does shady poo poo to trick its consumer base into buying more of its product those same consumers roll their eyes and respond to anyone opposing this with "yeah, duh, like, buy a new phone, who cares. cup the balls you stingy bitch."

that's how bitch-made by corporations we've become.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

emoji posted:

I got a 3 years old Samsung and I can replace the battery just fine. (joke about that being old and a poo poo brand here)

Are people seriously paying Apple 80 bucks for a new battery?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Planned obsolescence is theft and vandalism.

I say it a lot but time for guillotines.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The mental gymnastics people are doing elsewhere to justify Apple crippling their phones is amazing.

No one seems to have an answer as to why this isn't a thing for every device with a lithium battery, why Apple have these apparently delicate batteries that apparently need their soothing hand to prevent people's phones from instantly shutting down as soon as you open Safari or something.

Non user-replaceable batteries in everything, gradual throttling that would coincide with iPhone upgrade cycles, all done silently and without consent... I'm so glad Apple takes good care of this device I paid money for, that was sold to me with a fixed specification.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

roboshit posted:

maybe im just an apple retard but their explanation makes sense and apple literally is sued all the time so theres really not a story here

It doesn't make sense because my iPhone's battery was apparently fine in 8.9 but 24 hours later it's worse with 9.0?

If the phone can't supposedly handle the update without running like poo poo then it shouldn't get the update.

Meanwhile I can take an android phone or windows computer from 9 years ago and force it to the latest update and they run fine

Next you're gonna tell me Apple doesn't let you download file attachments to your phone or add mp3s you didn't get from iTunes!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Stebe was a bad person but he was also not retarded enough to try to pull something like this

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Apple has an amazing racket going on. They not only slow old phones, they bloat new iOS versions and force developers to use the newest APIs so apps won’t run on old iOS versions.

But even with all this, iPhones are infinitely better than Android poo poo.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Neurolimal posted:

Stebe was a bad person but he was also not retarded enough to try to pull something like this

he was pretty retarded i mean he tried to cure his easily-treatable gut cancer by eating fruit until it was no longer easily-treatable

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

he was pretty retarded i mean he tried to cure his easily-treatable gut cancer by eating fruit until it was no longer easily-treatable
Dunno why he didn't just tap up his fanboys for a whole new set of organs. I don't doubt that some of them would've actually sacrificed themselves to provide essential organs.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pawn 17 posted:

Apple has an amazing racket going on. They not only slow old phones, they bloat new iOS versions and force developers to use the newest APIs so apps won’t run on old iOS versions.

But even with all this, iPhones are infinitely better than Android poo poo.

Yep. I almost lolled out of my seat when my loving local newspaper app refused to run on 8.0

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Despite being a design boy he proved that he could be just as retardedly arrogant about what he knows as any engineer

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

it's me except replace "gut cancer" with "depression" and "fruit" with "pizza"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

He was a massive rear end in a top hat that intentionally parked in handicapped spaces just because

He also refused to acknowledge his daughter for decades

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

My pops went to high school with stebe and he always tells this story about how stebe hosed up the schools lawn by turning cookies on it in his sportscar

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

He was a massive rear end in a top hat that intentionally parked in handicapped spaces just because

He also refused to acknowledge his daughter for decades

he actually loopholed the parking spot law by buying new cars

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Durzel posted:

Dunno why he didn't just tap up his fanboys for a whole new set of organs. I don't doubt that some of them would've actually sacrificed themselves to provide essential organs.

He used his wealth and connections to place himself at the top of the list for transplant and stole an organ from someone who needed it before dying in one last act of malice

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Former DILF posted:

turning cookies

Who says this

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Tort reform, tort reform!

"How could people vore for Trump?"
"How could people support Apple after all they have done?"

The answer is the same.

To be fair... fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 22, 2017

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Blue Train posted:

He used his wealth and connections to place himself at the top of the list for transplant and stole an organ from someone who needed it before dying in one last act of malice

Ha ha, really? Hadn't heard this part of the story.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stabbatical posted:

He flew to Tennessee to do it smh http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/06/24/liver.transplant.priority.lists/

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Stabbatical posted:

http://fortune.com/2013/12/08/the-surgeon-who-gave-steve-jobs-a-new-liver-and-two-more-years-faces-new-questions/

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Economy/story?id=7902416&page=1

We are their cattle.

No war like class war.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
So his stupidity hurt himself and killed someone else. By taking the next liver he literally hurt someone who probably wasn't using some homeopathic garbage.

Glad that turtleneck wearing poo poo croaked. Nothing of value was lost

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Poors with 1000$ phones (and their inevitably cracked screens) make me scoff.

Get yourself a nice low-end model and ignore 99% of all apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Blue Train posted:

What is vast wealth for if you can't use it to actively disadvantage others?

• Locked thread