Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just because a blue or purple item drops it's not automatically better than the green stuff you have.

A purple electronic chest is not better than a green stamina chest when you have no skills. Always aim to have at least 100k toughness.

Craft the Custom M44 and a yellow holster as quickly as possible when you get to the darkzone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Psion posted:

this is rarely - rarely - the case. Stat distribution like you're mentioning doesn't really matter with green/blue because your stats are poo poo no matter what. By the time you get all purples and then gold gear from a DZ safehouse you can start to care about it, but higher base stat ranges, more mod slots, higher armor and so on are generally worth your time in Survival even if you have an overly high whatever stat.

about the only time I'd consider not wearing a gold over a purple is if they were gloves with MMR damage because of the m44. and even then, eh

e: there is a case for wearing deliberately worse gear to deconstruct the higher tier stuff for more crafting mats, but if you're worried about stat distribution for greens and blues, you probably don't do that

If you mindlessly just equip every blue gear item that drops you can easily end up with no stam pieces and then you are dead.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The bug is actually showing the higher gear score.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Super86 posted:

Ok guys, I'm pretty stupid so even after reaching Lv 30 I can't figure this by myself. I need to ask some fellow goons who actually know what they're doing:

-What does Armor do exactly? What does a point of armor mean?
-In the UI, below your magazine/total ammo numbers, and to the left of your current grenade, there is another number. What is that?
-What does the "% enemy armor damage" stat do?
-What does the "% skill haste" stat do?

Armor ads to your armor, for your total damage resist look in your stats screen.

That's how much amo your other gun has in its magazine.

That's extra damage you do to enemies with armor. The white bars above enemies health.

Skill haste reduces the cooldown of skills.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Classified can drop from any named boss, field caches you get for leveling up and the green 200 birdbux caches you can buy at the birdbux vendors.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Join the PC discord for finding dudes to play with.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I once crafted 40 without getting the talent I wanted.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Hunters are not immune to grenades. Here is how I usually deal with hunters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVHBkZ46MJ8&t=81s

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The mobs in the DZ can drop purple ones tho, and it's glorious when it happens.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I saved a pubby in surv today, he got axed by his hunter at the DZ 03 extract and I saw that he didn't leave so I ran up there to help him. After a long fight against his hunter and mine I revived him with 0s left on his bleed out timer.

Felt good.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I already had my 6 caches so it was no loss for me to do it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

OK so I have a 6 piece Banshee now, how do I turn this into a rouge killing monster?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

pigdog posted:

What's the best way to farm Division Tech that doesn't involve roaming DZ? I need to optimize my gear, while most activities no longer produce useful loot for me.

West side piers. Every cache you get for doing the side stuff gives divtech and every mission you do gives it too. Resistance have divtech crates to.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Guillermus posted:

This. My wife is 40, I'm 35 and she loves to watch a dozen tv series (netflix and hbo) plus the 4-5 we keep up together on weekends. On workdays she relaxes with her series and I play videogames with goons both on PC and PS4. I don't have kids but we both work 40+ a week and we still have time to spend on our hobbies.

I also play with her from time to time some stuff like Overcooked, Until Dawn or Telltale games.

I never lasted on a relationship with someone that didn't let me have some space and time for myself, that's toxic AF.

Wait what the gently caress we are the same age?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just popping in to say that 6pc Reclaimer is all kinds of nuts.

Guillermus posted:

Did you think I was older or what? We've been playing since 2011.

I just assumed you where older since you where married :)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

There's a respec station you can unlock that will let you randomly reroll talents on weapons.

Also, I finally got to world tier 5 and am trying to get gear sets assembled. In the interim, is there anything I should be looking to spend my birdcoins on?

Buy green caches from the guy in the terminal. They can drop classifieds and exotics.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Every WSP cache you get from the alert gives 1 divtech.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Reminder that HVT bosses don't drop classifieds and only drop Hildr and Eir if they drop an exotic.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Guillermus posted:

-Watcha thinking about?
-Nothin', just healing things

When you said it was flying I thought you meant it was like hovering above the ground. That was the run that gave you the classy Nomad gloves right?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I for one hope they make a TD2 and having learned from TD1 they make a more solid baseline that isn't as glitchy and prone to bugs as this one. Also better netcode, the delay on skills can be really annoying.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Division 2: Moscow Burning

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Buy a backpack BP in the terminal, craft them til you get one with the talent. The chest is an exotic so that's drops only.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Skill haste caps at 50%

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SpaceBanditos posted:

Is there a group of PC dudes who wanna get together and power run a bunch of clear sky to get to tier 2 of the GE leaderboard? Currently it's around 9k to get into the bracket. We would need to hit some pretty consistent run times in the sub 6 min range, which is doable with a good team and a couple practice runs.

I've got classy reclaimer and striker sets I can run depending on what everyone else has. I know Sandweed is up for the weekend sometime and is a cool heal dude. The team comp that Marco recommended was something like 1 final measure, 1-2 reclaimers, 1 DPS but we can scrape something together and see how it goes.

Uplay: SpaceBanditosSA

I'm up for it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Run 3 phase UG and keep and eye out for them.

Protip for UG: Change group leaders after a hunter ambush. This will reset hunters check and you can get more hunters that same phase. They have been real nice about giving me classy gear lately.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Survival hunters are only boring if you only fight yours, if someone else extracts loving run over there and fight 2-3 hunters at once. I killed 10 hunters in one surv game once.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Shotguns that is not the Saiga or Showstopper are bad.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If a member of your group goes rouge you don't go rouge if you are far away, but you turn rouge when you get close.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Minidust posted:

Are Search & Destroy payouts basically the same across the board? Gonna farm some Target Intel so I can run lots of HVTs during the next Global Event.
I haven't played too much multiplayer so I was wondering - let's say a classified drops; are you the jerk for rushing down and grabbing it, or does everyone actually get their own loot to pick up? I assumed everything was first-come first-serve in a common pool, but I don't recall ever hearing a complaint about other players snatching up a good piece, and it seems like that would be a thing. What about those SHD chests in Resistance missions?

I just do regular missions and I always have max intel every time I want to run HVTs

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Jack Trades posted:

No, I'm on PC. I'm talking about sorting the armor pieces.
Let me show you exactly what annoys me.

Let's say that I just did a daily and got a bunch of Gear Set pieces.
I move them all to my Stash, so I can compare them to the pieces that I already have, and look at my poo poo.

No duplicate masks there, so that's not the one of the pieces I found.
I scroll down.

Oh wait! I couldn't see all my masks, there is a duplicate DeadEYE mask that was just off screen.

Now if I wanna compare the stats between those two masks I gotta take them out of the stash because that menu doesn't let you compare poo poo.

Also, a different issue, how would I count the amount of pieces I have from a specific set? I can't sort or organize them, so I literally have to scroll through the WHOLE god drat list, and count the pieces of one set for each set separately.

Don't worry to much about it, you will throw all that in the trash the moment you get a classy piece. Unless you plan to do Lost Signal heroic with your non classified deadeye set it will be fine with whatever.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Surv chat, posted this some time ago somewhere else: Here is the DZ crafting routine I use, sometimes you don't have enough mats to do it all but just follow the steps and try to get as close as possible.
  • The most important thing to craft when you get to the DZ is the flare gun, always make sure you have a flare gun. I forgot once and died of sepsis with 6 surv caches in my bag.
  • First thing I craft is a Holster, since it has all 3 main stats.
  • Then gloves, look at the gloves weapon damage bonus and craft something that compliments that.
  • Always craft a Custom M44, it hits like a truck, takes out hunters in 2 shots as long as one of them is a headshot.
  • If the gloves roll SMG I craft a MP5 and load it up with crit mods. The PP19 will also work if you prefer the bigger magazine size.
  • If the gloves roll LMG I craft the RPK. The LMG bonus to targets out of cover helps a lot against enemies in the DZ and especially hunters. If the gloves roll pistol, shotgun or marksman I also craft this.
  • If gloves roll AR I get the G36, it's solid and the bonus armor damage makes clearing landmarks a breeze but is not helpful against hunters since they have no armor. (You still have a Custom M44 so you should be fine)
  • Fill out the rest of your gear slots with HE gear. I recommend you stay above 100k toughness but it's probably fine to go under if you know what you are doing, firearms or elec is your own choice but skills are limited in surv. A real high elec build with a turret and stickies can do some work, but I personally prefer firearms.
  • Craft gear mods and weapon mods only if you have crafted everything else, same goes for pistol.
Advanced Fuckery: If you find some green tools super early go to the nearest safe house and craft some extended mags, extended mags can only be crafted in the safe houses that is far away from the DZ so you can only do this early in a game. A primary with an extended mag can be real nice, but I don't bother with it most of the time. Sometimes you are lucky and a purple one drops from a mob, but never count on this. Never backtrack to craft one, the time you waste doing that is time someone else will use to get to the DZ and grab all the Divtech.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I just had a badass moment in the Surv DZ. I walk into the DZ04 Skating Rink extraction just as another Agent calls his chopper, one hunter spawn right on top of me but a quick 2 hits from my M44 deals with that one. At the same time 2 other agents gets killed right on the chopper landing pad. I switch to my RPK and stalk into the zone looking for prey. I come around one of the boxes and I see both hunters out in the open. Extended mag RPK deletes them both in a hail of bullets, I run up to the two downed agents and revive them both. The chopper lands, and they both salute me before we board the chopper and fly of. Leave no agent behind!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I would advise against spending any time trying to get Banshee.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kibayasu posted:

Ask me about my 8 Hunter's Faith backpacks.

You mean one Hunters Faith Backpack and 7 Divtech?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just keep going, sooner or later the RNG will bless you.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Honestly solo surv is easier than in a group.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Successful extractions are all about extracting on the DZ05 or DZ04 extracts. Bonus points if you can do it when there is a supply drop or a contamination event going.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Master Survival and then never play it since the rewards are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Darkzone key chests have gotten me the last piece I needed for classifieds more than once, they also dropped almost the entire striker set for me.