Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

poptart_fairy posted:

Two hunters drop Bliss Holster.

STOP GIVING ME THIS loving THING. THAT'S FIVE, AAAARGH.

:same: except Short Bows and Classified Pred Kneepads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I've got 211 hrs right now.

Roman posted:

According to DivisionTracker I've only got about 2 and a half months across 3 platforms and multiple characters

:eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

spaceships posted:

i pugged legendary napalm and we wiped on 4 agents once and everyone left

I hate when that happens. It's worse when you get near the end and wipe then one or all get disheartened at having to start at the last checkpoint so they quit. Like, come on, we were almost there, get back on that horse! :argh: Oh well.

poptart_fairy posted:

Alright so I've got a day off over the weekend and my partners away, so I'm going to just sit down and grind Last Stand for those last two loving trophies and Ubi challenges. Just got to win about 40 more games and capture the same amount of objectives...

What quick and easy build do you guys suggest? My shield is nigh-on loving useless in PvP due to the damage modifier, and I don't have a group like Marco, so I was thinking firecrest or reclaimer. Just stick myself up someone's butt and hope we're coordinated enough to actually win.

:eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

:sbahj: did Bliss have holsters for each day of the year!? gently caress

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Super86 posted:

Ok guys, I'm pretty stupid so even after reaching Lv 30 I can't figure this by myself. I need to ask some fellow goons who actually know what they're doing:

-What does Armor do exactly? What does a point of armor mean?
-In the UI, below your magazine/total ammo numbers, and to the left of your current grenade, there is another number. What is that?
-What does the "% enemy armor damage" stat do?
-What does the "% skill haste" stat do?

I had a post here but Sandweed said it more succinctly

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

As someone who has been doing a fair bit of Underground lately it's still not a great chance of exotics because I've yet to see a single one from Hunters, though I have gotten a single Classified piece. You're probably still better off doing legendaries unless you can't just get a group that can finish it.

I didn't even know Hunters spawned on hard but I got proven wrong last night. As a counter to what you witnessed, one pub in the group I was running managed to get 3 exotics on a 3 phase hard run. He could have been bullshitting, but I don't know.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao if you wanna make a striker salty, EMP him and then bleed him out with Predator while emoting

Lol, I imagine he'd been steamrolling everyone till he went up against your hard counter.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 29, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

He got me once first, jumped me from behind at a supply drop where I was being dumb and he was able to run up fully stacked from mooks. That's not how the other encounters played out. Unfortunately I only recorded the immediately following encounter, where I didn't have EMP. :( but since he was a poo poo talker I made his life hell following this.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/41617593

imagine that but turned up to 11 after the disrupts

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

his complete corncobbing ended with him asking me to join up with him lmao

:lol:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Just wanna say that I bought this from the Uplay sale a few weeks ago and been having an absolute loving blast. I bought the complete package tier whatever it was sincei t was like 40 bucks vs. 129.99 or whatever.

I'm curious how different the game is now from when it launched cause I don't remember much more than a lukewarm response when The Division first came out.

I didn't get it at launch but this is the image that I remember most when it came out:

Yeah, I don't know what it is but the gameplay loop really keeps me coming back.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Guillermus posted:

like going rogue if other player walked into your line of fire :psyduck:

This happened to me. I was running around the lower level DZ at around level 14 I think. I heard some guys close by struggling with a mob and I came in and saved them. Accidentally went Rogue but I assured them I wasn't trying to gank their stuff. I helped them extract, got some thank yous, then they logged out. Felt like a super hero :gbsmith:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Finally got an Urban MDR. Rolls aren't the greatest but glad I got a new toy. Also a couple of Barret's Vests but none from Barret herself even after countless Lexington runs, lol

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Psion posted:

Those and about 23 million pairs of Skulls MC gloves, too. Those are the only three exotic items you'll see from LZ world bosses, yes.

In a move I wish they'd consider doing to exotic caches, your drop rate isn't a 50/50 split between gear and weapons, it's weighted - there are three items in the pool, two of which are weapons. The odds of pulling a weapon are ~67% and the odds of pulling gear is ~33%, which matches up with the pool's distribution.

now if they'd consider doing that to exotic caches, which are 50/50 odds but 80/20 in terms of actual items in the pool...although I'm sure someone who's still hunting a Ninjabike right now will be unhappy with this idea!

Lol, I still haven't seen Skull gloves. Also I swear someone in here said exotics were getting reworked. Also, I can't get Classified to drop for anything.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Are you sure, not only did I never get inventive, I only got the same three talents over and over again when I know yellow backpacks have like ~7 different ones...

If it is RNG that is some lovely "random" (yes yes true random etc)

Also I am having some real trouble managing my inventory. I have so many mods that my inventory space is shrinking but I honestly don't know what to get rid of...

I just got rid of everything with low rolls

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Psion posted:

oh no you don't motherfucker, you can't diss THE NUMBERS. go roll another ten, you should be fine. let me tell you about rolling over 400 SVDs hunting for a specific set of weapon talents ...

as far as your inventory you just need to figure out exactly what builds you want and how to build them. Then ruthlessly chop anything you aren't using. If it's easy to get again, junk it. Saving things 'just in case' is a losing proposition in a game with inventory management this bad. For example, I run mostly FA builds where I can rely on a strong pulse, so I have a lot of +CHD perf mods and weapon mods. Everything else? Nope.

the only things i save are the truly rare stuff that's hard enough to get it's worthwhile to keep: purple DTE mods, some exotics, and classified items until I finish a 6pc set. then I optimize the set and junk every dupe ever thereafter.

Quoting for truth. Also, great now I got to farm purple DTE mods. How do you even do that?

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiWtH6P23Og

Seems to be a bug to where the turrets dropped by the engineers respawn as regular enemies when you get far enough away from them. Basically, you let engineers live, let them drop turrets, run away, turrets respawn into enemies, then just keep doing that till you can't stand it anymore, then go spend your points on the reward boxes.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Ugh, I cannot loving stand that UG room which is just a massive open box with a central platform and a couple of railway carriages. You will inevitably get shot to pieces by half a dozen LMB gunners whose AI allows them to attack you on full auto from the other side of the room.

It's even better with Hunters!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I don't find hunters that bad outside of survival now, honestly. Only time I struggle with them is when I have shock ammo.

Keeping track of two enemies, however powerful, is infinitely preferable to a dozen LMB gunners. :v:

Lol, different strokes I guess. I find them more manageable with shock ammo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, UG Hunters have no idea what to do with JTF do they? Something breaks their head and they can only keep switching targets without opening fire.

I saw a Hunter just straight murder a JTF dude. Did the whole axe kill animation and everything. Kept the hunter busy long enough for me to blast him. God speed, JTF dude, you will be remembered :patriot:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Shoren posted:

Check my post history in this thread for a good Tactician's build. Basically, swap out seeker mines for BFB sticky bomb (especially good now since the detonation delay is gone) and get a relentless backpack (for additional healing). Also, get a GS 204 AR blueprint and roll it with destructive/determined/predatory. I'd also recommend a Barrett's vest if you can find one, otherwise go for a reckless chestpiece.

I made this build and it is a lot of fun erase a group of enemies or a bothersome elite with the BFB. Also if you manage to tag an enemy on their foot, you can send their rag doll flying in the air.

Knifegrab posted:

Seeker mine for life fite me :colbert:

Does reckless cause skills to deal more damage as well?

Dude use the BFB, it owns.

poptart_fairy posted:

That execution always makes me squeaky. It's the grisly, rusty noise when they pull the axe out your skull. :gonk:

That animation and sound effect seems like it's from a slasher movie.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pier 93 is fine until you get Thunder as the wave 5 boss.

A group I was running with had 2 of the Horsemen from Dragon's Nest show up during a boss wave one time. What is the best setup for non classified D3 now?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

kiimo posted:

Just dropping in to say I got this game and am only level 19 but my lord it's kind of a gigantic game. Wow.

Also I have yet to do anything with another person and taking out bounties alone is stupid hard.

I don't remember what I was running but I solo'd the weekly deadly HVT's. Didn't even have to use the heal box.

kiimo posted:

PS4 but I don't have playstation plus.

Also I live with my girlfriend and am over 40 and I'm not sure I can commit to this game like I could when I was in school and owned a bong. It's impressive though, I could easily waste a year on it from what I'm seeing.

Eh, just play when you can. Make numbers go up.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

2 Factor Authentication which I didn't realize UPlay even had.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Shoren posted:

Stacks max at 60 and you have a 50% chance of not consuming your stacks on skill use. That chance increases by 10% for every 2k electronics you have. 10k electronics = always up stacks.
That might be great as a BFB build

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Insert name here posted:

I'd honestly be ok with this given how little of it you get to see.

MDR is great on Sentry's too cause it's the only semi-auto AR and I'm really bad with Marksman Rifles

Does it ever! :hellyeah: Does the Sentry's Mark proc the MDR's 3rd talent?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

I don't believe so since it's not a status effect. Unless...

Insert name here posted:

No it doesn't sadly, unless the target dummies in the base are lying which is always possible.

Ah, shoot. I didn't think so but dudes seem to just fold when I was running it with Sentry :)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

some garish skins

How is this a negative?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

just starting to get back into this, and wondering if Resistance is a waste of time and if the new zone is just dumping NPC's at you endlessly or am I not destroying mobs fast enough to avoid the respawn.

The respawn is tuned really high over there and you should go if you want to shoot NPC's constantly. Yes you can get a breather but it's not like the main zone where you can walk/run for a bit with little action. Resistance can be fun if you want to see how long your build will last. Also there's the spots where you can farm for classifieds and exotics which is what I imagine most people use that area for.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Important Crafting At End Game

LWM4
MG5
MP5
MP7
Pro Red Dot Sight
Extended Mag
Small Grip Red
204/229 Assault Rifles for skill builds
163 Damascus for Divtech lmao

That drat Damascus. I got one of those out of either a cache or boss drop. I was not happy :mad: Lol, during a UG run, after a Hunter ambush and our 4 man group taking the spoils, someone dropped a red spire. It was a Damascus. No one took it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

One Reclaimer, no Tacs. I was running an ELE Striker. Dunno about the other two.

How is that build? Mind sharing it?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Gotta chase the cool looking arm patches that show everyone you mean business.

You only need this one

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ok, so apparently the RNG likes giving me Barrett's Vest now instead of Bliss Holster so there should be a point where I'm cycling through exotics until I have several of each. A single Classy Nomad glove to complete my 6 piece still eludes me :suicide:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

One thing I'd like to see going forward is either Challenging or Legendary enemy spawns for some of the other levels that only go up to Hard. If only to go back through those levels again other than steamrolling through whenever they come up on a daily.

Ghostpilot posted:

I'm still very new to the game (just got in a week and a half ago), and I still have a long way to go with gearing (I'd really like to get ahold of a Ninjabike. Well, that and several exotic items. I do have the Skull MC gloves).

But something that has worked well for me so far was a 4-piece Nomad and a 2-piece AlphaBridge. Turns out the 100% bonus to regen applies to the regen of the 3-piece Nomad's. It's been quite good to me.

I'm enjoying the game and the level of detail is incredible! That said, this game has easily the worst UI of any game I've really gotten into; there is no consistency between button functions in menus. I dread whenever I have to manage inventory.

Lol, yeah inventory management isn't the most fun thing to do. Wait till you get to start sperging out about the numbers when you get to the endgame. Don't horde items though. I can't remember who said it in the thread, but madness lies that way.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Roman posted:

The Division but with Psychopath bosses like Dead Rising

If only the named bosses were just a little more varied and had personality than just having a name and beefed up life bar.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Minidust posted:

Ooh I picked up an Inventive backpack so I should probably go all-in on that Tac build that has frequently been linked here (already had Barret's vest). It'll mean tearing myself away from my beloved Ninjabag, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!

That offensive Tac build is probably my most fun build. What isn't fun about dealing out nearly unlimited explosions and healing yourself with said explosions?

Kibayasu posted:

This is the reason why I like the Dragon's Nest incursion the best. I mean, the bosses themselves didn't have any more personality than usual (ie. a few voice clips) but basing the incursion around the Cleaners building a religion around a flamethrowing firetruck was amazing.

PS - Where's my Rioter raid based around them finding an untouched gun and sporting goods warehouse and then having to fight off an entire golf club and/or baseball themed gang Massive.

No kidding. As I was going through I was thinking, "what the hell are these guys on about?!" then the reveal came :lol: Also great touch on naming the bosses after the 4 Horsemen. I think the Cleaners are probably the most interesting faction.

Speaking of Incursions, I still need to do Clear Sky and Stolen Signal. I tried pugging it up in Clear Sky and we got our rear end handed to us. Lol. Haven't even attempted Stolen yet but not sure if I want to now. I'm going to go ahead and throw my name in here.

Uplay: CPOWiggles

I rarely use a mic and I'm not minmaxed but I'll at least put the effort in. Lol, a hard sell.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 19, 2018

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Minidust posted:

I've got most of this down; all I'm really short on is electronics rolls on some of the gear (already re-rolled other stuff as skill haste/power). So I'll keep examining every extra Tac piece I pick up in hopes of some good starting stats.

Regarding guns, I wanted to ask - what's the best way to get the GS 204 assault rifles? Is there a blueprint I should be picking up somewhere? Frustrating to pick up otherwise-good weapons now where the FA/ST requirements are too high to use talents.

Good news, you can in fact buy a relentless backpack in the Terminal now! I've ditched all my other healing stuff in favor of skill buffs now, and it's a game changer. :)

There is a Blueprint you can get for the ACR in that build.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

redux posted:

So i just got my last piece for sentry classified, along with an urban mdr in the weekly cache. What are some good loadouts for sentry, I know its a bit more group focused but does it work alright solo? Its my first completed classified set so I wanna try to make it work.

The Urban MDR with just a regular 4 piece absolutely wrecks NPC's because you can headshot all day everyday because of the accuracy. I think I have 8K FA on it. Of course this makes me squishy as hell so I try to engage from a distance and kill the enemies before they get close enough to focus on me. Also, use cover to cover once they start getting in close. It seems Sentry's Call counts as a status effect so it will proc the MDR's Distracted talent.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I was pretty sure this is not true, so I went and tested...

Every mark is an additional 5% damage. The MDR's exotic is an additional 18%.

1. One bodyshot, no headshot marks or status effects: 43,407.
2. One bodyshot, one headshot mark, no status effects: 45,577. This is equal to 43407 * 1.05.
3. One bodyshot, one headshot mark and gas seeker status: 59,160.
4. One bodyshot, no headshot marks, gas seeker status: 56, 343. If you multiply this by an additional 1.05 for a hypothetical mark, you get 59,160 (the amount in (#3).

Pretty sure this tells us the headshot marks do not count as a status effect for the MDR.

Ah ok cool. Good to see some numbers. It still pairs really well with Sentry, I feel.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What did your mdr roll?

A destructive ferocious mdr in a 7/4/4 sentry with dte mods and EAD rolled where possible and crit everywhere else absolutely destroys PvE poo poo, including solo. Run flashbang and pulse. Health on kneepads instead of EAD and try health on backpack but if on console maybe stability.

Psion posted:

I haven't tested like you, but those look right. At least, this bears out with my use of Sentry. I don't see a sudden 18% jump from shot one to shot two with the MDR when I'm marking up a target.

that said a flashbang sticky requires 0 skillpower and owns, so if you're in a group and can rely on a teammate's pulse, do it.

You know I don't think I've ever run the flashbang so it looks like I will now!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

pigdog posted:

I kinda like the talent. Much better than, say, Warlord's. What the hell is that even about?

I thought the same thing and

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Mitigating damage do you can have it tick off in a heal source

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Reclaimer Station, nomad proc, striker stacks, etc

Is how you counter it. Marco uses it on a solo Nomad build and he goes in depth at about 8 min (should be cued up already)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOHRLScOzzo&t=478s

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Gat dang RNGesus! A Superior Cache with 2 REGULAR Alpha Bridge knee pads!?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

HiriseSoftware posted:

Personal Space is a pain in the rear end since you're competing for kills. But smacking heavy LMB's with the BFB never gets old.

Oh drat, I wonder if the Tac BFB build is good for the "Tech Skill Only" commendations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Locator posted:

I opened my initial 4 caches and got no classy pieces at all! I did get a nice Thompson to stick in my cache and never equip ever, so yay!

Roman posted:

They confirmed on a stream its getting a rework, so if it has decent talents hold on to it

On that note, anyone ever get any use out of the Midas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Not having experienced Hunters before, having had one jump me last night for the first time in the Underground was flipping amazing - owing to wearing headphones and playing in a semi dark place. Took me out in no time flat to boot.

Really dig this game.

I jumped the first time it happened to me too. Wait till you get backed into a corner and one flanks you while you're trying to kill another!