Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Until you learn the map and where things are (since they never change in survival) go up on rooftops if you see a way up. There's usually good poo poo up there.

There will always be some kind of loot right by the starting safehouses. If it's tools run back inside and craft an exmag, comes in handy later and you can only craft them at safehouses on the edge of the map, further ones in won't have the option.

I recommend running some PvE first so you can learn the map without having to worry about getting ganked by other players. You do have to worry about them stealing your poo poo though, so if there's someone else nearby just grab things and inspect them later.

If you go down to gunfire you can revive yourself with a medkit, but if you are taking cold damage at the same time you're just dead and can only be revived by someone else so watch your temp gauge. Warm up whenever possible so if you get caught in a fight you're not taking extra cold damage.

It takes 3 blue tools and 3 blue cloth to make a basic+advanced filter. Do this asap. You can run the DZ with crappy weapons but you can't even get in until you have at least a basic filter. Also don't upconvert all your poo poo to gold and then realize you can't make a filter (you'd be surprised how many new people do this).

Enemies have terrible detection radius in survival, so if you realize there's a gold right by you then just take cover and don't move. They'll hear you before they see you. I've had them walk not 3 feet by me and I got away because I stayed quiet. Conversely if you do get spotted and aren't in good shape to fight run the hell away, they don't chase you very far.

If you are unlucky and can't find a lot of electronics, at least make a pulse so you know where the baddies are. Pulse and turret are my goto skills.

If you are on PS4 and want to try survival you can add me, I'm MosquitoJones. I love survival and run it all the time so I'm happy to show you the ropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shoren posted:

Is PVP the best way to get the Vulture commendation for Survival? You're at risk of being killed by other agents of course, but you're also able to loot anyone you sneak up on and can kill. I guess PVE would be safer and probably more consistent, but less likely to find downed players.

Also, any PS4 goons down for Survival today or this weekend? I can mentor or we can otherwise just kill off landmarks.
I'd be up for some survy.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pinball Jizzard posted:

This is a real scummy ask but are any PS4 goons able to throw out a power level tomorrow at 8am UTC? I’m sitting on level 19. I want to maximise my time given I don’t have much, doing story collection items and gaining gear at the same time is easily the most beneficial time use for me.

PSN: CrazyScot35
uPlay: Caxamillion
It's not scummy at all, if I wasn't working I'd help you out.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kibayasu posted:

You don’t just want to charge in of course, some of those landmarks can be pretty dangerous if they have all purples or even elites like Times Square or Subway Morgue. But even if you think you’re under equipped some landmarks let you do things like have one guy draw the enemies off (make sure he has medkits!) in one direction while the second guy sneaks in and loots everything in boxes. I don’t remember if grouping overrides that behavior (ie. If they know where one group member is they know where every group member is) but if it does you can always disband the group and then group again afterwards.
Personally I find the Morgue the easiest landmark to clear solo. There's only the 1 elite, and he's a tubby fucker that's usually hanging around on the second level so I aggro the guys on the first. They run up the stairway chokepoint (into my turret and get hosed up) then I just pick the other ones off. If the fatman does make it up I pop his tanks. It's also about 10x easier if you have a sniper rifle. TS is treacherous even with a group. Clearing it anyway, the distraction method works great and I've even just snuck in behind enemies a time or two and looted everything.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just yesterday I said to myself, “huh. I bet if I shot at a dog the game would like just not shoot my gun. Like NPC characters in fallout you just cannot shoot them. Like of course right?? Because you can’t even kill an innocent in assassins creed and this is Ubisoft so for sure”

Five seconds later :stare:
Fun fact: you cannot shoot civilians. However, you can shoot gas cans next to them :supaburn:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I preordered directly from the PS store and didn't get any codes - where do those come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Lumpy posted:

I got mine in an email. However, I was able to also see it by being logged into my Uplay (or whatever it's called) account on this page: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/beta
I didn't get an email and there's nothing on my account page :( Everyone I know that wants to play this already preordered, I was just gonna give the codes away here. Oh well.