Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else have a problem when you're in a firefight and the escape menu pops up? I'm not sure what triggers it but it's like a weird combo of maybe w f r and shift??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I really should try a 1 man squad run just in a vehicle and become a killdozer.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone have a map of flare locations for Miramar?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

War mode is good, I'd only say if circle is in an urban area loadouts should be vectors micros and shotguns with auto pistols and sawed offs.

:unsmigghh:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-VOLc78DOo&t=52s

Apparently the M16 buff isn't all that great. The recoil after the first bullet is still ridiculous.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

New event is out since last night and it's fun on the bun! :dance: Getting to run around in a ghillie suit silently taking people out crossbowing them is great practice I've never had with it.

Doing that poo poo first person is super stressful and great when you're pretending to be a bush and firing off bolts at a squad that's jumping and panicking everywhere only to get blown up by a grenade or blinded by a stun.

Super satisfying to run down someone and chop em down with machete or dome them with the pan.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Apogee15 posted:

This is wrong. If you aim at someone's head at 100m, you'll be lucky to hit their feet. It goes straight up to about 30m, at which point you will start wanting to aim slightly above the head.

At 100m you should be using the 3rd dot to aim at people. At 50m you use the second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBZBqZ4B6js&t=37s

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm gonna try this when I get home.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pro tip anyone with the volley arrows grenade, throwing it straight up DRASTICALLY increases the portal hole from which arrow death will rain down upon you.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kill Dozed posted:

I get really mad when for-profit companies charge me for goods and services.

Me all day every day.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Canuckistan posted:

Speaking of Shroud, here he is not giving a flying car gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukssb3m4_oo

I flipped my poo poo when I saw that last month or so my friends and I encountered Wadu on Erangel, sniping people with a loving Saiga, and just watching the car he was driving glitching around the map in the air. We were pinned down due to his loving hacking, eventually we just said gently caress it and tried to kill him since we knew we were going to die by him anyway. Needless to say we all died but the entire time he was trying his poo poo sales pitch on us, and one of my friends was squished like a bug smashing the car ON TOP of him. That was pretty hilarious. But gently caress that guy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else run into people just spamming SKS shots? Has there been some update to the gun that makes rapid firing that thing quasi accurate or something?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

A fully loaded SKS is extremely good for rapid fire.

Like we talking, vert grip and compensator only? Or Thumb grip and silencer as well???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

New chute system is weird to get used to. When going full horizontal you're going at least 40k/m faster than normal server and falling faster as well.

It also makes it a way bigger gamble to try and long drop just in a chute, your speed is around max 30-35. So you're hanging in the air a lot longer.

Feels really smooth though and I appreciate the left shift button to tilt straight down. That and the tactical roll into running when you land is pretty loving great.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dev letter retooling the Vikendi weapon spawns.

https://www.pubg.com/2019/01/22/20999/

It seems super weird that a map like Vikendi is geared towards SMGs as opposed to say Sanhok. Or at least what they are saying it's supposed to be. Especially when late game turns into sniper fests, and it's never guaranteed you're going to be able to loot the people you kill, or run across some bitchin sniper rifle or DMR.

Edit: Not only that but at some point some update retooled the footstep sounds, and you can hear people from FURTHER away. An SMG can't really do any significant damage if you get the drop on people from far away so it kinda makes SMGs even more useless unless you drop into a heavily populated big city area.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 23, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hellsau posted:

It's a bad idea but it is hilarious. Having two crates in that spot basically means you literally should never drop anywhere else.

e: also it isn't on live, there's no cave system there.

I can't wait to just flood that area with Molotovs. :unsmigghh:

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Edit: So, canted sights, new SMG, NIGHT MODE ON VIKENDI!

https://www.pubg.com/2019/01/23/test-server-update-25-patch-notes/

Also they added the most important feature from CS:GO.

Night mode and canted sights are going to be pretty nice

Anyone figure out where he rammed that Uaz into????

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 24, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hellsau posted:

It is an incorrect play to do anything else. Even if you whiff on vehicles and can't get in, you can loot up and fight the winners, or get plenty of easy kills on others who failed. If you do get lucky on your vehicle spawn, you get kitted and stocked full of attachments and meds and also get to murder like 10 people for free.

The right thing to do is wait for plane to have a super bad angle and jump for the nearest vehicle and make a beeline. Otherwise all the other cities will be safer to drop at with more loot

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

There's some super small download for the live server that pretty much has been making my games crash five seconds into a match. Guess it's test server for me tonight.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I like AL so far, it feels a little like Quake Arena in the setup eventual large roster of characters with different abilities that you can choose to pony up for or not. Hopefully they can keep it balanced. I do like when you're dropping into an area it can tell you the range of loot you're going to find, that's really helpful in getting a hang of what you want to find and where depending on plane drop.

Tandem 3 person rocket flight is neat especially the different color trails makes it so easy to track who goes where. I'm hoping they stick a duos mode into it soon. Solos I can see being really broken depending on the character choice, so maybe a solo mode that disables your abilities and ults.

It really is a novel idea of the respawning mechanic, high risk to bring back someone completely.

Gripes would be mag size are super loving low even with an extended. Overall it's a fun casual experience. Hopefully it has staying power. And new maps are free to play on, cause gently caress Blackout's model of paying for new maps.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Salean posted:

Historically they just throw whatever grenade is equipped with the best intent of it being a smoke.

Mixed results so far

I've done it and it's never not funny to accidentally set a downed teammate on fire.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hellsau posted:

"remove the red zone" is on a sticky note on the back of the dartboard where it is safe from accidental glances

Why would anyone want that removed? They're incredibly easy to avoid, and if you die from it (like I have) it's because you're dumb enough to think you can avoid it because you're going too fast on a vehicle. Or you aren't paying attention until you hear the doom whistle right on top of you and it's already too late.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's the worst RNG element of the entire game that can easily be gotten rid of by... just not having it. Sure, you can run to the nearest hut and sit inside of it for 30 seconds. But why....

Thanks!

First off, drat good play with the smoke! Secondly the worst rng of the game is when you run into a town and it's full of nothing but gun parts some ammo and nothing else for at least a full circle.

B-Mac posted:

It's a dumb feature and you're a dumb dumb for defending it, you dummy.

How is it dumb when it's easily avoidable? For almost everyone it's practically a non factor, unless it spawns right on top of you. It so rarely kills anyone anymore that when it does it's HILARIOUS.

Shooting Blanks posted:

I got killed by a red zone while inside a building yesterday. Yes, an unavoidable RNG death that spawns right on top of me is an awesome feature.

So....were you like right near a window? Or a door? It's still pretty loving funny.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 1, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hockles posted:

Nah, SCUM came and left already.

So many different stats to keep checking on in that game. :stare:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Mae posted:

Your micronutrients and if you need to poop we’re my faves

Were you able to poop and take a spear and dip it in said poop to poison and make other players sick with infection? If so GOTY.

And yeah I play duos and squads mainly with friends a few nights out of the week. Usually TTP, duos for when we want to try and win, squads when we just want to have a good time gently caress around and somehow stumble onto a chicken dinner.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Molchane posted:

I've got friends who sometimes aren't loaded into the game by the time we are in the plane. It's been pretty annoying having to drop onto one of the smaller edge cities because I had to wait for them to load in. I'd never get to visit pochinki if the waiting time was cut in half.

I rarely ever hot drop into Pochinki the initial lag is just immediate death for me. Same goes for the other bigger cities, it's always nice to explore in duos or squads quasi out of the way places that let you properly gear up that you can keep in your back pocket in case of a favorable plane angle.

Plus we are all cowards that enjoy playing the slow to mid pace, unless it's a game like Quake Champions or Apex.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Is their a discord not run by weedbabyman now? Can I get that pmed to me?

Same if y'all don't mind.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Why not just post the link here?

Or are you afraid WeebBaby will join? (I mean, just ban him if you don't like him)

It could just be a thing to keep it goon only. I never browse the forums unless I'm logged in, can you just browse through games and the threads without a login?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blowdryer posted:

oh the beauty of having more than 3 squads of goons playing pubg at the same time again

That was loving awesome, I call to motion the Discord be renamed to DOWN TOWN POUND TOWN. But man do I need to work on my melee skills.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

B-Mac posted:

I believe only pubg mobile got pulled.

Way to kill my hopes and dreams.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Bluezone changes on Erangel are being revisited after 14 months (finally). Also some crazy different visual updates for Erangel. Brendan Greene was the worst.

https://www.pubg.com/2019/06/05/pubg-development-update-erangel-visual-update-test-server/

BRING BACK ALL THE NEAT FUN GAME MODES YOU COWARDS!!!!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I saw it suggested that they do an event mode in which they bring back all the old bugs. Imagine, you could be playing with parachutes that may or may not open, cars that flip into space and explode, and guns that randomly disappear! Or you could step into a corner and die to falling! Who knows? We don't!

It's not a bug, that's a feature! #VanillaWoW

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

oddium posted:

i haven't played in a while what guns are good or bad now

All guns are bad, love your fists and mollies and grenades.

berryl is garbage, m4 fully loaded still best, slr best dmr

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yeah game will be broken in all new exciting ways in an hour or so.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Those of us with not top of the line hardware, gtx 1060, how's the new map as far as performance? Have there been any noticable optimizing on Vikendi or Miramar?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm looking forward to when the random map rotation excludes Sanhok, and they desperately need more optimization on Vikendi especially daytime with the persistent snow particles. Always get massive frame drops on that map in the daytime.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Mash posted:

This but Miramar, bitch

Some of us like playing the survival and foraging part of a BR. :colbert:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Weirdest loving poo poo happened just now, two motorcycles one two seater and one three seater just loving burst into literal flames tires popped the works. Anyone else have this happen to them? It was at the set of houses just east of George containers in the garage with the second floor.

Edit: I'm spectating my duos partner and we both think this poo poo is happening to the entire map. Every vehicle he comes across tires popped.

Edit2: No firing on any vehicle, BUT proximity to the George mountain may have been some weird rear end glitch. Happened to every vehicle around it.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 1, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Servers in NA down for anyone else?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chair In A Basket posted:

I know no one plays this game any more, but I actually enjoy watching competitive PUBG. The Nations Cup tournament has been fun as hell to watch, and the casting and camera work has come light years from when they first started esporting.

I can't believe Brasil blew a 3 man advantage in the final game 5 wtf was that guy thinking?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Funny enough, this past Sunday two friends and I were 3 man squad in daytime Vikendi, get to like fifth place killed by headshots from a dude with an MK 14 with a six times. Turns out he kept wiping EVERYONE else out the same way, and not only him but his other partner as well.

Was fun to see like 10 spectators on one dude and 11 on the other as they murder cheated their way to the end. His friend didn't make it because the server removed him from the game. We play TTP on NA so we see a bit more cheaters than what's other people encounter on FPP, but two on the same squad just openly cheating with hacks and not trying to hide it was kind of hilarious. More so when his partner was straight up removed.

Edit: OH and they were Western players too. Name and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Has anyone else had a lot of stuttering recently? The last week or so has been rough as poo poo, not sure if they screwed up a patch or what but my duo buddy has been experiencing the exact same thing.

Yes at first I thought it was discord, partially was disabled the hardware acceleration and now run at a solid 60fps for once, but if I have my comp on for a while then boot up the game it will stutter have frame drops etc etc. I just essentially do a quick restart of my entire computer and then it goes back to normal. I seriously don't see how they continue to build this game the way they do. It's fine one time and next it's sort of a mess you really don't know what you're going to get.