Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

former glory posted:

Ahhh! Despite the time change, we managed to get both kids down before 9. :chord:

A nice quiet Monday night for ol' pops here-- might as well fire up PUBG. Man, that was a good round: 3 kills, a pretty dramatic finish, #5 guy. Better go upstairs and grab a drink before launching the next round-- this is intense.

:thunk:

checkmate, PUBG.

drat near exact experience for me. Good round, 3 kills made it to last 5 players, go let the dogs out before next match and couldn't get back in. Even after updating it just kept telling me server is busy.

I just got this game this weekend and so far its been 75% frustrating 25% fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

^^We should play together :hfive:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Sorry, you're wrong and if you truly were a "very stable genius" you'd easily recognize this.

Are you that guy that yells at teammates for not playing "correctly"?

I enjoy playing it as a bit of survivalist game style. I can't stand jumping into a crowded area to play who can find a gun first. I like getting a decent kit and then move in and engage when I need to.

It does backfire a lot too, last night I got lvl 3 helmet and vest, 416 and scar all kitted out, lots of health and boost. Jumped on a bike ready to take on the world only to hit a magic bump 25ft down the road, flip the bike and break my neck :downsgun:

JEEVES420 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 16, 2018

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I would also love if they added a handheld range finder. I want to see someone off in the distance and know how many yards out they are without guessing off a map or just taking pop shots and seeing where they land.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

I think everyone finds killing someone to be fun, but not everyone finds hiding in a bush to be fun. I'm confused who is the fun-haver and who is the try-hard in this situation.

I think there is a middle ground of drop in to combat to try as hard to kill them all and drop in the middle of nowhere and try as hard to hide where nobody finds you. The closing zones and being able to drop where you want lets both of those groups do their thing while keeping the game from turning into a 6 hour stale mate of two snipers on opposite ends of the map.

Where I am having the most enjoyment are the games where my squad drops in a remote area, loot the area and then trade gear so everyone is good, then move in to the circles as they close engaging along the way. This usually leads to some good small skirmishes then a large one at the end.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

that's... that's not the argument they're making. at all. that twitter person is a loving idiot and needs to stop talking.

they're not claiming they invented loving med kits, they're claiming that this ROS game is directly copying the implementation of medkits they used with 3 "tiers", bandage, first aid, and medkit. they're not claiming they invented SMGs, they're claiming that this KO game did incredibly half-assed edits of their models (that "MP5" is literally just the PUBG UMP9 with a bunch of bits hacked off it)

Other games have used 3 tiered med kits of bandages, first aid, and medkits. There are other games that also use pain killers and energy drinks to boost health/speed.

The UMP9 is a Heckler and Koch UMP in 9mm, the MP5 is a Heckler and Koch MP5-k without a VFG. The PUGB uzi is an IMI Micro Uzi and the other is an IMI Uzi. Almost all games base their guns on real firearms with different names to avoid paying royalties.

All that being said sure its a knock off game but those are bad examples.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I already hate chasing the blue zone and now they made it worse :(

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I like the clothing drops, depending on the map I will change shirts/jacket to better fit the backdrop. I don't think it actually works as well as it does in my head though.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Frank Dillinger posted:

I found three flares in 3 minutes, set them all off at once. It was awesome.

Teammate did that and 3 squads of 8 descended on the location and it was a bloodbath. I wish I could say moths to a flame but nobody was prepared for that and everyone was slaughtered before the first crate hit the ground.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I thought I was getting better at the game having only played it for about a month and a half but when the new season started it seems to have reset the ladders and I get killed much more often again. I was enjoying playing with other lovely people that let me kill them :(

I will get crates with the BP and open the free ones but all I get is the same Polo shirt over and over again. Imagine how much money they would make if they sold the Ghillie suit as a clothing item.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Jerkface posted:

I feel like those guys who have 300-500 games played are either like internet cafe account or they hot drop/drop and die so much that their average game length is like 10 minutes.

I cant ever find a gun hot dropping and will die in the first minute or drop warm and then make it 15-20 min where sometimes I tend to do nothing but chase the blue only to die as soon as I get into the zone.

I also have a problem with aiming center mass which means I land hits but it does gently caress all to them and they just duck and heal up.

I tend to play a squad supporting role, when I loot at the beginning I pick up everything I find and then dump it all for the squad to go through. I will draw fire so others can take shots, will be the guy reviving or provide cover fire (not waiting for a target to appear to begin shooting), and will head up high to call out targets for people.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

There's nothing wrong with shooting center mass. You just have to learn to pull down or stop picking long range fights where you'll never have a chance to finish anyone.

close range isn't a problem as long as I have a gun, but once it hits mid to final game its more likely to be a long range fight. I get a ton of Knock Outs and not a stat whore so as long as I don't drop super hot I am happy.

I got to second place one game where my team all died so I just hopped in the back seat of a car that was sitting in the final circle and watched the last 2 squads fight it out. One squad decimated the other and the 4 of them then spent the next 3ish minutes looking for me. I kept getting lucky with the circle so I just sat there in the car as they walked around me. That was a lot more fun and had me laughing much more than trying to kill them all.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm not advocating this for others, but I always equip vert. because it looks cool :shrug:

I tried to apply real world usage :downsgun:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Hellsau posted:

it's got a bunch of random, useless poo poo on it and it's basically unusable without staring through it for a while to line up the actual crosshair. Like yeah maybe some of those lines are distance markers but what is the curved part supposed to be?

So your complaint is you have to aim with it?

CQB circle with 100-200y cross, hashes are range 300/400/500. I like it for a jack of all trades scope but will switch to red dot if clearing buildings or 4-6x for large open areas. But your "run through the city" or bouncing from town to town it is great.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

I can see the 3x reticle just fine. The VSS reticle, on the other hand...

Come on its not that hard :haw:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I just tried to blind my teammate like this and I got hit too :(

I tried as well and was deafened but not blinded. Being deaf is almost worse than blind in this game.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I only use the best guns endorsed by top tier operators using the same headphones and butt plug that I saw on twitch. What are you some scrub who enjoys games? We are here to win.

I have gotten kills with all the guns and have been killed by all the guns so they all seem to work just fine to me :colbert:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Man playing with speakers would be the equivalent of playing one-handed.

I have 7.1 speakers and can hear just fine, but I also play with them loud enough to shake the walls of my house.

New event is going to be Ghuelli suits and crossbows. No vehicles 100 man server on Engral.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Doorknob Slobber posted:

man molotovs are fun now

also there is some kind of weird loving teleportation glitch or some desync lag poo poo going on, i'll see if i can grab a replay but, I was creeping up in ads on a building and stopped in some cover for a sec and then zip i teleported right onto the steps of the building I was looking at, right where my crosshairs were aiming. Tripped me out and also let me sneak up on the dude walking out of the building

https://gfycat.com/DirtyConcreteIbadanmalimbe

in the replay it looks like lag, but my team mates didn't seem to experience it, thanks game I guess?

This has been happening all over. I was shooting at someone running and next thing I know he was teleported 20ft further off. I had a guy just appear in a field in front of me out of thin air. I am also getting killed a lot where I put 6+ rounds on someone point blank, watch the death cam and it shows me standing there not firing.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Dog unplugged my router at the worst time.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

The tick rate change is what brought me back. I just couldn't deal with the interaction lag. And also, I sucked : )

I still get a poo poo ton of interaction lag and general lag while moving around. People also lag warp which they didn't do before.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

rarbatrol posted:

Twice now I've had multi-vehicle team wipes just after acknowledging we were going to be bombed. I think muting the sound and ignoring it is the way to go.

I swear this game listens to your mic. Mention getting hit by red zone and you will, mention you need a backpack and next door you open will have one sitting there.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Patch Notes posted:

With three maps now in the game, you’ll choose between two “playlists” instead of two maps.
The Battle Royale playlist contains both Erangel and Miramar. Selecting it will randomly drop you into one of the two.
The Mini Royale playlist contains only Sanhok for now.
Select both playlists to be randomly dropped into one of the three maps currently in the game.

So no more map selection?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I am not a fan of daily mission crap. I have been teamed up with multiple people who are just trying to get that objective; TKing and reviving, driving around just to get the mileage in a vehicle, etc.

If it happens in the course of normal play cool, but when people on a squad are just in it for the grind it takes away from the fun of just playing a game.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

then maybe solo or play with people you know????

If I want to play solo I play SP games and life has a way of not syncing up all the time with people I know so sometimes I play with randoms.

I would say its about 70/30 split on people who work together vs being a tag along to a discord group or people doing their own thing. Usually when I play its late and the majority of kids are gone. I tried to play with randoms Sunday evening before some friends jumped on and it was really bad in the pub pool.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

Your hands do tend to block your head and body more, but it also takes your head off your center line and basically to the side. That generally means you’re harder to hit overall since you’re not just one tall target anymore, you’re a torso and legs, with a head off to the side. It is harder to aim while leaning though and I still think moving between every couple of shots is more important.

I double tapped at a guys head and first round hit and knocked his helmet off but he leaned to the side and dodged the second bullet.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Hellsau posted:

....1600x1024 portrait mode?

width x height, not portrait mode. 1920x1080 is landscape, 1080x1920 is portrait for 16:9. 1600x1024 is 25:16, pretty sure he means 1600x900 which is 16:9...maybe 1600x1200 which is 4:3.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Philthy posted:

This 8 person squad mode is pretty fun when everyone has a car. Total Mad Max vibe.

I had fun the first go around but last night I played 4 games and only one was fun. The other 3 were people shooting out tires on every car and trying to push teammates off cliffs or with enough speed to kill you from fall damage. Take away FF and people see it as a challenge to overcome.

The matches were buggy as hell too, we had 12 and then 13 people on the squad with 3/ players with same color all number 10.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Mae posted:

You got 118 rating off a 1 kill win? Crazy

are you talking about the Damage?

Kill
Damage

I just seem to piss a lot of people off :sigh:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Bullet penetration system is now applied to forearms.

No more blocking bullets like your Wonder Woman :dance:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Appoda posted:

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised that they haven't made a basic response system (other than the not entirely useful emotes) considering how many people group random for duos/squads. I can see why they might want to encourage vocal communication as a gameplay aspect, but a lot of people around the world play Pubg and aren't necessarily going to share a language. So something that bridges that gap sounds A-OK to me. The less I need to wrangle which rock my friend saw a bush creep behind, the better :V.

Played with a someone from China that used google translate on his phone to communicate. It was hilarious and you have to give him props for at least doing something to communicate with teammates.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Mordja posted:

I definitely think it should just be a map marker, as is it reminds me too much of Battlefield currently. And I like Battlefield, but I don't want its doritos spotting in every game.

A map marker is the best solution. You can still call out building/rock/tree or "2nd floor right window" but it makes it a bit easier to figure out where someone is talking about. Being able to see the markers in game like you're wearing some sort of AR getup is too much and will be exploited like crazy to make impossible shots.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The Kar98 is overpowered imo. Only a crate weapon should be able to drop someone with a lvl 2 helmet and full health in one shot. Or make it a 7.92×57mm with its own ammo that is harder to find.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

Stop standing still. Kar98 has the slowest rate of fire in the game, slow bullet velocity and a good amount of drop. The DPS is horrendous, it’s only good for headshots in level 2 helmets.

A lot of high level players ignore the Kar98 because it’s not really that good.

Its not really about standing still as its peaking out landing a headshot with say an SLR or SKS and pop the helmet at the same time they fire and land a headshot with a Kar98 and I go down.

It's really only a problem on Miramar where it tends to always end in sniper wars on the rocks.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

:smug:This is a game that takes skill :smug:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

When I peak out a window, around a corner/rock/tree the only thing showing is my head so it gets shot at. I can peak, get the shot off, and back in cover 95% of the time. Of those time I don't it is only the one shot on full health/helmet that bug me and therefor stand out as being over powered.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

B-Mac posted:

Now requesting that a shot to the taint do similar damage as a headshot.

will the new appendage penetration system take balls into account?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

B-Mac posted:

Off course. Tip to sack to taint is an auto squad wipe.

like seeing someone else getting kicked in the nuts, I like it. Instead of falling on hands and knees everyone is in the fetal position grabbing their balls.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I sold some belt for $4 and then a bunch of $.01-$1 crates and items. Who knew people actually paid for those digital trading cards that come with some games.

I saw some miniskirt on there going for over $1k.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Steam market talk comes up a lot, but yea, CS:GO knives sell for hundreds to thousands of dollars. The bandanna in PUBG regularly sells for $300. The ivory school uniform set has sold multiple times for $1000+

This is why I like taking those items off dead people and wearing them like a trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Training bots? Mimic damage of people on "paper" targets where you can set armor levels?

I don't mind that it is online and honestly hope it is on the live serve so you can see similar performance as in game. If it was offline then you don't get to practice with the lovely net code.

Not a huge fan of the new AK, I have only used it twice but the recoil is huge and spread is pretty bad. I haven't tried it for single shot long distance yet.