Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

~~~~~~K.I.D.S.~~~~~~

CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK! CLUNK!

Sup, MSU buddy.

I'll add you guys in a bit after I'm done with dinner. If you beat me to it GT is Nihils Maw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!

Here's some useful controls I've found out recently that made me feel like an idiot for not knowing already, since I've been playing since the game came out for xbox:

autorun: double click left stick
cook grenade: left bumper while aiming the grenade
move camera without moving your character: hold right bumper
use boost while driving: left bumper
change zoom level on 8x and bigger scopes: while zoomed, hold right bumper and move left stick up/down (this also changes brightness on holo/red dot sights). I was telling my friends for months that I wished there was a way to zoom out 8x to make it more practical, turns out it was actually in the game the whole time

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

All of those controls are necessary to get better at pubg on xbox. Do y'all use control type a or b? Type b seemed like it would be perfect but in practice I was playing worse when I used it. ADSing in close range combat isn't ideal so I'd rather have holding LT be soft zoom.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

~~~~~~K.I.D.S.~~~~~~

Ultraviper posted:

move camera without moving your character: hold right bumper

change zoom level on 8x and bigger scopes: while zoomed, hold right bumper and move left stick up/down (this also changes brightness on holo/red dot sights).:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Wtf you can change brightness???

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Played some Miramar on my friends xbox one x, visually so much better than Erangel and more importantly runs so much better than it too. My first kill was a headshot with the Winchester which is a really bad but really fun gun. I'm honestly impressed with the performance though, it's almost good enough to quality as a normal game. Which is sadly a huge improvement.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

This thread is dead but I dont care. I just got an xbox one x and holy poo poo the difference is stark. Not having to wait for playdoh buildings to load in after landing is such a huge difference. The game almost looks like a modern game instead of a 360 game.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

large bag proprietor & ugly bike connoisseur

I installed it on an SSD on an OG bone and that eliminated the soupy mess too.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

I gotta look up how to do that, must be night and day.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

It truly is a huge difference. I always avoided dropping into places like Pochinki or School because I'd have to wait 30+ seconds for building to load in. Now I can drop wherever I want. I'm sure installing it on a SSD helps on an OG Xbone but that doesnt help the game look like horrible blurry garbage. But $500 is a steep price to pay to make a game look better, especially if you dont have a 4k tv. My launch day xbone just happened to be dying so I took the plunge on the xbone x.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012
My incredible shitposting will not transform the xbone into a good console

Lipstick Apathy

It's too bad you can't play any other games on the Bone because of your ego though, amirite?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Been playing the test server this weekend... Desert map is so sparse with everything. Kinda sucks. I want that war mode poo poo.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Drav posted:

Been playing the test server this weekend... Desert map is so sparse with everything. Kinda sucks. I want that war mode poo poo.

I've been having a blast dropping in Pecado and Hacienda. If the plane flys over one of those two places it's basically war mode.

Nutsak
Jul 20, 2005
All balls.

Live At Five! posted:

This thread is dead but I dont care. I just got an xbox one x and holy poo poo the difference is stark. Not having to wait for playdoh buildings to load in after landing is such a huge difference. The game almost looks like a modern game instead of a 360 game.

I just got an X as well and totally agree. It's so nice landing and having buildings and not blobs of arse. Also guns and armor load faster. It's pretty close to being unfair to people that don't have The Fastest Console. Looking forward to playing Miramar.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

~~~~~~K.I.D.S.~~~~~~

I kind of can't believe they haven't made the controls passable yet. Coming from any other game back to pubg just feels insane with just how bad they are. When I was playing a lot I sort of brute forced my way into being able to use them, but after playing other games I just come back and it's like, wow this game straight up has the most unnatural, terrible feeling controls of any console game.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Looting a house is half looting half running into furniture.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.

I haven't played in a month or two, is everything much more scarce? I can hit three houses and not find one gun. When I find a gun, it only has one box of ammo next to it when it used to spawn with two.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

It kinda feels like it is yeah, and hardly any clothes drops anymore.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I havenít played in a month and loot is more scarce.

The first game I played I got 8 kills and placed #3.

Felt really good but drat that was a fluke.

swordfish duelist
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Beastie posted:

I haven’t played in a month and loot is more scarce.

The first game I played I got 8 kills and placed #3.

Felt really good but drat that was a fluke.

That's how I felt the first time I played the new map. Dropped in, found an m16 and an 8x immediately and killed 9 people. Pretty sure I wasted all my luck on that game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

~~~~~~K.I.D.S.~~~~~~

Yeah every time they patch it loot seems more scarce. I looted 12 houses before finding a gun the last time I played. Also it seems to be about 90% shotguns and pistols. They also nerfed the double barrel into a one shot clip so it sucks now too. It's like they are aggressively trying to make it less fun.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

swordfish duelist posted:

That's how I felt the first time I played the new map. Dropped in, found an m16 and an 8x immediately and killed 9 people. Pretty sure I wasted all my luck on that game.

joke's on you, the M16 doesn't take an 8x

swordfish duelist
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

I forgot a 4 okay?

The round after that I blasted a guy point blank with the sawn off and I swear he laughed at me before killing me with a 9mm

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

~~~~~~K.I.D.S.~~~~~~

Woah they really cleaned the controls up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

~~~~~~K.I.D.S.~~~~~~

So I played a bit of H1Z1 on PS4. Nearly the same game, 60FPS, hi rez textures...but my god it sucks.The controls are somehow worse than PUBG and the shooting is trash. I'd play PUBG on original Xbone any day with it's blob buildings and 10fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

It actually runs decently on the og bone with an SSD

«8 »