Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Of the four vote leaders, I think ##vote Mithross has contributed the least/coasted the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

To everyone who has not voted yet: Your next post today should have a vote for somebody unless it'll take us past -3.

I have noted that the whole top 5 scumpicks on my Lumpenlist are all fully contained within the non-voting people :thunk:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

peramene posted:

Nah, I over-prioritized obfuscation, and frankly in retrospect it all felt kinda cheaty anyway? ? ? Some of those things are things that legit only you would understand by which I mean lol; theoretically if it had worked I would've felt guilty. I couldn't have done that if Cat or PoS was the leader.

Reread 'em once I inevitably flip and I bet it'll be clear as day what I was trying to communicate <3

almost fell for this; #vote prince of space. doubtful i will have time to build a nice case but if I might draw your attention to this post here bif and truetown

Unrelated to above but this is categorically joking and claiming lower power, but not vanilla, not powerless; presumably there are more pawns than other ranks but I think that's a far cry from claiming vanilla town? ? ?

100% not enough to get any traction on Cat, futile to try, but ... ugh ffs if they're both scum i hosed up hardcore

Hello from page 73. I haven't played with pera too many times, but I have played with them before and read their town games. Just went back to re-read all their posts and the whole posting style feels very different, cagey, no real content pushed. I'll keep reading the new posts for now.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Prince of Space posted:

Honestly I've been tryin' ta get a good read of everyone who's been involved lately and I keep comin' back to how peoples' been thinkin' that peramene's been actin' extra cagey all this time.

Since ta me it's a matter of it bein' either A) peramene or B) Venom Soag who dun' killed Tithin and The Ninth Layer in our back row last night, (and since we can't vote fer Venom Soag today), I'm gonna hafta:

##vote peramene.

If'n it ain't peramene then it's got to be Venom Soag who attacked his own row last night. Simple as that.

This guy (I think?) gets it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

flerp posted:

my two big reads atm are ssv and drunk nerds

ssv strikes me as a somewhat lurker who posts just enough to appear active. ive cased them the last day and most of that stuff stays relevant because ssv has barely posted since then

drunk nerds d3 posting is terrible. setup spec and battle theory, but past that, doesn't make any reads besides on soag, which is an easy vote because, based on the battle results alone, soag looks the most suspicious. but once bif says "no soag is good" drunk nerds falls back on his read. it doesnt feel like a real read to me, because if he truly believed it, he wouldve at least tried to push it a little bit even if bif disagreed with it. bif is our leader but that doesnt mean she knows everything. we can disagree, and a willingness to follow the leader is, i feel, detrimental, and something that scum will do in order to blend in with the crowd and not cause much of a stir. i feel like drunk nerds has been very cautious with his suspicision and who he calls out. his votes seem to be only "safe" people (iajanus, lurker extradionaire; xad, dead dude; soag, the only survivor in the death row; slasher hawke, a joke vote that he immediately rescinds). i dont think drunk nerds wants to find scum, only appear to be invested while doing nothing of worth.

##vote drunk nerds

This is true. I haven't played the last few days because I'm angry about this game: I can't do anything outside of battle and I'm never put in battle. I get a read on Soag and bif immediately tells everyone not to vote Soag.

That's what I was alluding to with my Upstairs/Downstairs ramblings. I can't really play the game if I'm never in battle, told not to vote for my leading read, then have my other asked-for scumreads ignored.

I'll go through the last 5 pages and scum read + vote, because I don't want my experience to bring the town's chances down, but it's pretty apparent why I haven't felt like trying as hard today versus the first two days.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Venom Soag posted:

Bif, take a moment to read through this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844977&userid=196422

Tpink’s posts back to back and ask yourself, how would this look to me if I wasn’t playing in a game, just reading the thread? There’s a lot, a LOT of soft scum claiming, and the voting/cases are super weak.

I think Tpink might be one of those people who can’t really hide when they’re scum.

Venom, stop trying to throw other people under the bus to distract them from voting you.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's what I was alluding to with my Upstairs/Downstairs ramblings. I can't really play the game if I'm never in battle, told not to vote for my leading read, then have my other asked-for scumreads ignored.

this is blatantly false that its almost painful to read

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

tpink posted:

Venom, stop trying to throw other people under the bus to distract them from voting you.

bad post

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

but if he is town I think the scum would've been very eager to make sure they keep hitting him while he's down and I'm doubting him. And if Gaspy's scum, I'd also expect scum to be moving in to bus him fast for town cred after he'd successfully done so much damage already.

I feel that scum would lay low: There was already a lot of heat on Gaspy as he was the only one with a questionable battle result. Also if the tide turns back in favor of Gaspy, there's always an NK if he needs to skip a battle.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Don't forget to vote somebody, Jeab!

tpink I suppose will catch up on the last few pages soon.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Don't forget to vote somebody, Jeab!

Oh wait you just did it snuck in before me plz disregard

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, since I wasn't clear about it last time, I'd like to be in the next battle please.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Atomic Soda posted:

<- she

so many womans hey drunk nerds

thats two people not paying attention to who's flipped town after dying in battle btw

Sorry I never cleared this up: Mine was a joke vote because Xad was talking about some sonic the hedgehog LARP. Believe me I feel badly that that gummed up the discussion. I thought I clarified it by saying "eh, jokes won't help here," but I see now that people thought that applied just to my vote of Hawke, not Hawke and Xad as was my intent.

On that note, the case against SSV is moving:

- Didn't notice TNL wasn't posting like 100x a day
- Feels lurky and non-commital.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Whoops, meant to post: Is there anything else about SSV that I missed? Now that I list it out, it doesn't look so moving

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

flerp posted:

this is blatantly false that its almost painful to read

How so?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Venom Soag posted:

Seriously though being in a game like this and not paying attention to who’s died and what they flipped makes you either scum or excessively lovely town. That right there is important loving data and I don’t know how you can make any kind of case if you’re not paying the most basic bloody attention.

Venom Soag posted:

##vote SSV

I really don't like these posts. Smacks of "I found a thing to latch onto to support a vote."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

Also, since I wasn't clear about it last time, I'd like to be in the next battle please.

I've noted this, but I hope whoever's not in the battle doesn't have a big pout about it.

We've only had 2 battles so far, and I can only put in so many people. Drunk Nerds, you were someone I was considering on D2 since I wanted to try and test some of the people who said they wanted in. But I ended up picking Prince over you because he's contributed far more. If you're already claiming you're mad about the game and feeling like you don't want to try, just because I couldn't feel good enough about your first 2 days worth of posts, that's not a good sign.

I know this is soldiers Mafia so you're all excited to go kill things. But a lot of the battle decisions are unfortunately going to be out of your hands in this game. The core game of Mafia is where you all need to keep participating, or I'm never going to know who to use.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
After skimming last few pages, I'd still vote Venom but for Bif's instruction not to. Pera is second, so ##vote pera. Am going to re-read the vote leaders more closely too since we still have time.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

tpink posted:

Last few tpink posts have felt... off to me.

Like I've got a bug up my butt about the battles, but I still realize that bif know my stuff and will put me in when she wants. It's not really her fault that I haven't been put in, as long as bif had a logic, which I trust she does. I'm more mad that I have a ton of cool stuff that won't work out of battle, so I'd never ask bif to put me in as I know she will.

##vote tpink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

I've noted this, but I hope whoever's not in the battle doesn't have a big pout about it.

We've only had 2 battles so far, and I can only put in so many people. Drunk Nerds, you were someone I was considering on D2 since I wanted to try and test some of the people who said they wanted in. But I ended up picking Prince over you because he's contributed far more. If you're already claiming you're mad about the game and feeling like you don't want to try, just because I couldn't feel good enough about your first 2 days worth of posts, that's not a good sign.

I know this is soldiers Mafia so you're all excited to go kill things. But a lot of the battle decisions are unfortunately going to be out of your hands in this game. The core game of Mafia is where you all need to keep participating, or I'm never going to know who to use.

Bif, this wasn't a dig at you, I thought my post pre-battle last time was ambiguous / not clear that I was volunteering, so I just wanted to make it clearer this time. I am not at all mad about the game (I love Shine games!) nor about sitting out battles, to be clear. I defer to your judgment as our fearless leader.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Drunk Nerds posted:

Last few tpink posts have felt... off to me.

Like I've got a bug up my butt about the battles, but I still realize that bif know my stuff and will put me in when she wants. It's not really her fault that I haven't been put in, as long as bif had a logic, which I trust she does. I'm more mad that I have a ton of cool stuff that won't work out of battle, so I'd never ask bif to put me in as I know she will.

##vote tpink

See my post below, please - I am really not sure why both you and Bif apparently read my post as complaining about not being put into battle; it really was not meant that way at all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

Thanks for addressing this, I've felt pretty invisible to you, and you have called for two sort-of early hammers that turned out to be town, which is a hard pill to swallow.

But, as I touched on in my last post, I trust that you've made the most logical battle decisions. It just feels like a weird design choice to dangle a buncha cool abilities at someone, then make it up to someone else whether they can ever use those abilities. As a non-regular player that puts me at a disadvantage because I'm harder to trust as there's not a lot of data as to how "Town" Drunk Nerds tends to act vs "scum" drunk nerds.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Drunk Nerds posted:

and you have called for two sort-of early hammers

Since we've had several instances of people misunderstanding some of the many, many, many rules of this game...

I feel I should remind everyone that we cannot play like normal Mafia and hold out till it's close to deadline. Failure to secure the lunch means the enemy king gets to freely CHOOSE which of you will be executed. And guess what, he's not gonna choose a scum.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

I found this to be in very poor taste. I only mentioned that I was upset because someone called me out about it as a scum-like behavior.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Ok I'm back.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I was gardening at midnight and now I'm back. The vote leaders seem extremely similar in nature. I'm gonna have to read post histories again I guess.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

because you can still play the game even if u cant join battles. this just feels like a lazy excuse as scum to justify not doing anything

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
please read that drunk nerds post and tell me if it's coming from somebody who wants to find scum

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ok I'm my head I voted in my last post but apparently I didn't. Good work, me.

##vote Mithross

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tpink posted:

I am really not sure why both you and Bif apparently read my post as complaining about not being put into battle; it really was not meant that way at all.

Just trying to head off any potential future complaints. See the Drunk Nerds posts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm more confident on pera but I'd switch to SSV.

I'd also be super ok taking out Mac if he's a free lynch (as I understand it)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Podima posted:

:cheers: While reviewing, I noted that some people were not provided with correct/clear information on their sheets. Everyone should review for potential updates. Thank you for your continued patience. :cheers:

My sheet was updated.

The sheets for CuriousCat, peramene, and Xad should've been updated too, with the same message

Now everyone that was in the front row last night can confirm that I did what I've been claiming I did in the preliminary phase.

I can also point at my battle target from last night and know that they're dead on account of me.

peramene, if you're town, yer doin' a piss-poor job a' defending yourself. Fer starters, yer barkin' up the wrong tree!

CuriousCat, I really want to hear your reads on the three of us survivors.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Are you sure your buff or whatever landed in my area?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
The recent change to the spreadsheet told me that I was affected by my own buff and someone else's buff from the preliminary phase. My buff affects the entire row I'm in. Whether or not it says it there on your sheet I'm 100% positive you got it!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I have three buffs in the preliminary phase. One was self-targeted, and if anyone gets any extra shine they can pass along, I think I could tank through a whole other battle.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cat, what's your current scumlist again?

And also your current thoughts on Gaspy, I'm looking back over the stuff he's been saying today

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I have seen nothing to change my opinion on SSV, Mithross, or Little Mac.

I feel... okay about gaspy. Especially looking at the buff that just popped up on my sheet, I can definitely see a world where he was protected by something and the rest of the back row got obliterated. He's also seemed, like... helpful, and with the total lack of helpful people around at this point, I feel okay with it.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

if you wanted more names than those three then Drunk Nerds.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

curiousCat posted:

I have three buffs in the preliminary phase. One was self-targeted, and if anyone gets any extra shine they can pass along, I think I could tank through a whole other battle.

You said you was still hurtin' though?

CuriousCat, if'n you only targeted yerself with a self-buff for the preliminary phase last night, then I hafta assume that it was someone else that buffed us all in the prelim stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I haven’t seen anything to change my vote atm.

Have we landed on there being a contradiction between PoS and pera? Dpesite the apparent clarifications Pos doesn’t seem to have acknowledged pera’s Buff in battle phase

• Locked thread