Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Prince of Space posted:

You'd best be watchin' whare you point your implications there, mister. Ah'm just trying to be friendly and suddenly errbody's comin' at me like I'm tryn' ta put shines on their soul!? Shyoot...

The name's Gabriel, like I said, and I don't care who knows it!

If you don't feel like sharin' yer name or what you kin do then how in tarnation d'you think we're gonna git along as an army?

This kind of roleplaying is scummy. I understand you're new to the game and don't have an inherent problem with RPing in a game to have fun, but I do have an issue with RPing to cover that you have nothing to say about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Not Voting (15):Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, tithin, tpink, Xad

Over half of the thread is not voting for anybody. This is, uh, really bad.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Venom Soag posted:

Pretty unhelpful and vague response to the survey, especially since his claims look kinda similar to the role I have but he should have a LOT more to say/add. This kind of surface-level/zero input role to me says a scum fakeclaim not an actual soldier’s abilities.

Couple that with the fact he’s kind of claiming to have a very similar role to me, I’m double suspicious.

I don't know how it 's even possible to argue a "he's scum because he's like me" accusation. With 25 people playing on each side, there's not going to be 100% unique types

I am looking forward to fireworks once alcohol becomes seriously involved itt today. I've been mainly lurking because my kids are out of school so I have had so little time to my own thoughts. But relatives will come today and I will have much time to join the jostling, starting now:

Venom, how did you come to the conclusion such a large game wouldn't have at least a few mainly vanilla roles? That leap of logic seems really suspicious to me, at this point in time

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

The Ninth Layer posted:

This kind of roleplaying is scummy. I understand you're new to the game and don't have an inherent problem with RPing in a game to have fun, but I do have an issue with RPing to cover that you have nothing to say about the game.

wow throw shade on the newbie, what a pro strat

did you coordinate with Jeabus in scumdoc?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't vote new players before day 3 as a general policy, that's not changing this game either.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

so both JEabie and tnl throw shade in prince of spac and immediately distance themselves once called on it

at leats one of them is scum ##vote jeabus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is an incredibly annoying posting gimmick so

The Ninth Layer posted:

I understand you're new to the game and don't have an inherent problem with RPing in a game to have fun, but

:thunk:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

All caps posting is obnoxious. I don't think this is a controversial opinion.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not Voting (15):Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, tithin, tpink, Xad

The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST

That's like, 48 loving hours from now hoss, hold your horses.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Ninth Layer posted:

What the hell?

I'm guessing you simply forgot the deadline goes until after new year?

If not, then what the hell?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

tithin posted:

It's been two days already. Are you sending in your vote via the post office or what?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I do think it's kinda bad because not putting a vote down feels like you're having no opinions

ALSO 40 MINS TILL NEW YEARS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

I do think it's kinda bad because not putting a vote down feels like you're having no opinions

ALSO 40 MINS TILL NEW YEARS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

where are you, Perth?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Nope! But I do share its timezone, yeah!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

What the hell?

I'm guessing you simply forgot the deadline goes until after new year?

If not, then what the hell?

Votes generate discussion which generates cases which lead to executions that succeed based on the quality of the cases they are based upon.

Voting also forces scum to vote to fit in which in turn provides opportunities to expose their fake suspicions when they fail to compare to real ones.

In short it is bad for the town that so many town players have not voted, because that fosters an environment where scum players do not need to risk themselves by voting.

Don't let this stop you from enjoying your new year's, but also don't pretend you had enough time to read my post and complain about it but not enough time to hash hash vote somebody sometime in the last two days.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I called Birdstrike out for this in Minifauxenen Mafia, and he flipped scum.

I'm calling it out again here.

The only people concerned about the time left, this early in the day, are scum.

##vote TNL

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Votes generate discussion which generates cases which lead to executions that succeed based on the quality of the cases they are based upon.

Voting also forces scum to vote to fit in which in turn provides opportunities to expose their fake suspicions when they fail to compare to real ones.

In short it is bad for the town that so many town players have not voted, because that fosters an environment where scum players do not need to risk themselves by voting.

Don't let this stop you from enjoying your new year's, but also don't pretend you had enough time to read my post and complain about it but not enough time to hash hash vote somebody sometime in the last two days.

Exhibit A - The appearance of creating discussion, without actually adding to the discussion

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I call people out for not voting in every game.

Also we're literally competing against another thread full of town players who I would like to win against, so I would like this thread to have better discussion than they do. This should be an incentive for everybody to bring their best to this game btw.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I call people out for not voting in every game.

Also we're literally competing against another thread full of town players who I would like to win against, so I would like this thread to have better discussion than they do. This should be an incentive for everybody to bring their best to this game btw.

Exhibit B - Redirecting attention to a factor that doesn't concern town ITT

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Winning the game doesn't concern you? Ok dude.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

Actually, what’s really bad is this post.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Winning the game doesn't concern you? Ok dude.

You know what I meant, so don't attempt to spin my statements

What is happening in the other thread is of no concern to me, as our scum team are doing their job in disrupting the state of play.

My concern is winning the game here.

The only players we need to focus attention on, during the day, are scum ITT

Aka you

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oops I should have caught up with the rest of the thread before posting. Beaten like a red headed stepchild.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
And happy new year to you people in weird time zones.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yes, which is why I am suggesting more people vote, so that we can advance discussion past the question of whether having discussion is good (it is) and toward who or what we should be discussing.

The fact is that right now anyone who has jokevoted is already in the top half of thread contributors, regardless of how good or bad their vote was. This is a problem if you are actually interested in catching scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah, don't get mad at people who want people to vote. that's duuuumb

actually, I find the fact that pera explicitly saying that she won't vote super suspicious. Is that a normal thing for her?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

actually, I find the fact that pera explicitly saying that she won't vote super suspicious. Is that a normal thing for her?

I don’t actaully know, but ‘pera’ And ‘normal’ don’t belong in yhe same timezone

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

Infinitum posted:

The only people concerned about the time left, this early in the day, are scum.

I'm not worried about people not playing the game ATM, as it is NYE.

That is what's suspicious about the statement.

quote:

Exhibit C

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think there's a difference between "hey where's the votes?" to "why isn't anyone playing?"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't be dense, I just said why

It's NYE.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm a bit put off by the flavourfishing here. I know it's just asking for names, but names can lead to descriptions can lead to abilities...

Really? I find it charmingly townie

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well this game has been open for two days(?), and there's still not a lot of votes. It's not like the day will end if everyone votes so people should throw them around so we can get an clearer assessment of who they think are suspicious (at least not so much that we will actually get a majority lynch).

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

busb (2): Infinitum, flerp, Infinitum, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, b-minus1
Anidav (2): The Ninth Layer, Bifauxnen, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
Infinitum (2): Tired Moritz, Venom Soag, STONE COLD 64, Tired Moritz
The Ninth Layer (1): Infinitum
curiousCat (1): Tired Moritz
Jeabus Mahogany (1): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
tithin (1): SLASHER HAWKE, Infinitum, SLASHER HAWKE, busb, Infinitum
SLASHER HAWKE (0): Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany
b-minus1 (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
tpink (0): SLASHER HAWKE, Jeabus Mahogany, SLASHER HAWKE, Jeabus Mahogany

Not Voting (15): Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, tithin, tpink, Xad :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Ma Ferguson was considered an anomaly by historians in years to come, even more so than being the first female governor warranted. She stood staunchly against prohibition despite being a teetotaler herself (though recently-unearthed journals seem to hint that this no longer held true in her later years) which contributed a great deal to Texas' preeminence in the new world of Shine. Any leader wise enough to see which way the wind was blowing could easily tell that Shine would be the new way of the world, like it or not.

Now, her equally controversial views on prisons and pardons - that's a story for another time.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't vote new players before day 3 as a general policy, that's not changing this game either.

I think I'm super into voting newbies nowadays. Victory is the only thing that matters. If they're scum, they die.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

tithin posted:

Srsly guys. I’m usually the one that likes to rush through d1, but we are playing through a holiday.im hosting a nye party and will not be able to post as much as I’d like until tomorrow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Little Mac posted:

I think I'm super into voting newbies nowadays. Victory is the only thing that matters. If they're scum, they die.

Also agree with this. I’ll let a noobie survive until d2, but if I think they’re scum then I want to kill them.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anyone want to mason with me?
It's not easy being vanilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I drilled a hole in the outhouse wall so we can mason in secret.

Just press your mouth up to the hole and whisper your questions.

• Locked thread