Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I just noticed the game had started. What did I miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey Bifauxnen what did I miss and what do I do

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

Let's all report in in an orderly fashion here. Obviously we want to have an idea of what people can do in battle, but not give away too much detailed information. So I've prepared a little survey to help everyone give me some nice rough claims to get started with. Please answer these questions in a timely manner and then y'all can get on with jokephase while I stay out of your way and obsess over the results.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield
D - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I suck both on and off the battlefield

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN
B. Nah, its all good

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

B
A
B
A
No idea

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am a nurse.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No one understands me except Gaspy and his elephant like memory

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Rats are not cute that are cold blooded horse and carriage killers my friend.

I fed a horse some feed and a day later he was a skeleton.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I dunno my name is pretty innocent and makes me feel like a harvest moon character.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cool McCool was also my Pokemon Red character

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Please don't discredit my middle names.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My main concern is that I'm not quite sure how night time works.

It looks like some turn based stuff but is there also hypothetically investigative roles on top of that?

Like Bifauxnen assembles a front and back line that fights the other thread but there is also a scum team within that assembly and on top of that cops investigating our own lines at night?

Am I on the right track here?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have but I can't imagine it in practice yet.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But the objective is to kill the other leader, not necessarily wipe the scum in this thread out or from experience in prior games like this can the leader only be feasibly killed after killing a threads scum team?

This is my first Shine. There's more to it than simply basing soldiers together, right?

What should I focus on here. Am I hunting scum or requesting night phase positions that will kill the leader faster? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I need the images in my head.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Am I overthinking this?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Easy slick, I'm pretty sure day 1 is the perfect day to help people out who aren't 100% sure about things. I'll be fine. I was just seeing if vets had anything to help a greenhorn out. I'm probably not the only one. I just wanna feel more confident and all.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No comment on RF. They were absent on the tail end of a game that just finished. So simply yet to show up I think.

Australia is probably gonna go quiet due to Nye celebrations too.

Never played with 4 5 9 11 12 13 14 before unless they are name changing weirdos so I'm suspicious of strangers. Gaspy is the usual scum hunting best served cold. Which is fine for now.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Inf has a bad habit of killing Diamond Dogs.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I also promise not to derail this thread with crazy conspiracy theories.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am playing Civ 4 for new years eve.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lol having an image attached to the vote count breaks votefinder.org on my phone and it refuses to load the tally.

iajanus posted in other threads so he should show up soon.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Weird, SSV and Gaspy are usually fighting or agreeing by now.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

See I am a magician

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actually my stronger abilities are for after a battle. I can still go in there at the back but only if you need to be defensive.

I would strongly advise against putting me in the front row >_>

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh nevermind SSV is on track now.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Gaspy is Venom Soag

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Australian Texas? What is this, a Paradox Game?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would guess 6 to 8 scum but that's just me pulling out a number that feels right. I'm guessing previous Soldier games aren't consistent enough to reference?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Eh I don't know how ratios with a playercount this high work but if you think it's lower so 5ish is about right? Also, there can be third parties in this? That sounds rough man. 25 v 25~ and a 3rd party is on his own. drat I feel sorry if that dude exists.

"Aw yeah lets kill some Mexicans!"

"You're on your own"

:(

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh please don't make this another game where Infinitum and Gaspy vote for eachother forever. I'm not going to be on the side that benefits from it this time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Won't the lurker rules kill RF and possibly others anyway? why lynch dead meat?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Well I think a game starting on new years that people being inactive is slightly more forgiveable unless you are a heartless shadow who has lost the concept of time and just wants to mindlessly lynch lurkers like the Dark Souls Enemy you are.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Though the wiki entry doesn't say if the lurker rules apply to obviously afk people or people who are clearly actively reading the thread but not posting. Maybe replacements come before the lurker rules and the lurker rules activate when there are no replacements left. :shrug:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Legit Infinitum, you shouldn't confuse people who disagree or poke you for people who are scum. Town are curious folk who will poke just about anything to gauge reactions but the issue I think most people don't take too kindly to is you freak the gently caress out and threaten to kill them; almost immediately and if you don't have the ability to kill them you pretend you have the authority to deem them scum.

Scum will never shark for you upfront, scum are mostly followers and snowballers of incorrect intuition until they get a whiff of endgaming you and then try to go in for the neck. Besides, scum would probably want to keep you around anyway. So I don't think "I'm gonna day-vig you now" is very wise play.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yes but remember guys, claiming a power that doesn't actually exist is a town-infinitum post. :)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Most of those posts were bad. Actually.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but now scum will kill you asap if true lol.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think you are going to die if this is a real claim and ability names can be as incriminating as I think they can be. Good luck out there, clown cop.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Question about the claim though. Who as scum might be familiar enough with soldiers games to feed Infinitum a fake claim?

Just checking the other side of the coin here.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Like this is a role you'd want to INSTINCTIVELY keep close to your chest. Which is why I askm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lol this fits crazy well.

• Locked thread