Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thanks pod greetings all

i have skimmed only at this stage but will post some reads tonight gods willling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
tm its 52 pages you should be asking what i did to deserve this!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bifauxnen posted:

Welcome to this crazy-rear end game, Atomic Soda! Best of luck with your catching up.

thanks i will need it :) good job on the first battle

inf seems to be the obvious scum atm but a few others twigged me when i skimmed to case

fake edit: yes anidav seems a possibility

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
whew

so far my top 3 scum reads are:

inf - for obvious reasons, it would be good to hear from him

anidav - asks a few role fishy questions early on. how many mafia games have you played anidav?

Anidav posted:

Easy slick, I'm pretty sure day 1 is the perfect day to help people out who aren't 100% sure about things. I'll be fine. I was just seeing if vets had anything to help a greenhorn out. I'm probably not the only one. I just wanna feel more confident and all.

the above and the tone of his posting make me think he's trying to pull a 'i'm just a clueless newbie' act to get support/fly under the radar/get info. (sorry if you are new anidav but i'm pretty sure i've seen your name come up!)

iajanus - reticent to post reads until pushed p hard. i thought his read on tithin was stretching here (my bold)

iajanus posted:

ok here goes

People I think are scummy

Inf - ridiculous claim after ridiculous claim. From my understanding the claim about the battle makes no sense and just served as the cherry on top of what appears to be a very effective game of "say anything to prolong the ruse". Whilst I'm not immediately disbelieving of having a heap of different abilities and such this doesn't sound even remotely plausible.
Prince of Space - a heap of low content/effort posts and very little beyond just keeping the post count ticking along. The texan slang is jarring me pretty badly and seems to just be trying to add flavour without really adding content. Whilst did a good summary of SSV's posts there wasn't really any effort in making a statement either way, and it again just felt to me that it was a lot of words to be seen to be making good points.
tithin - not the scummiest, but I wasn't impressed by the early effort in deflecting towards Anidav away from (the ever increasingly more insane sounding) Inf by putting Ani as #1 scum primarily because of meta or just not being genuinely engaged. This seemed like an attempt to throw misdirection into the fray to try to help the flailing party. Also throwing shade at me for posting shortly without mentioning him after tithin called me out for not posting much - seemed like it was just a low-effort reinforcement of the original post when I had just been reading the thread and had no need to bother to reply directly since there wasn't a question or even a direct accusation. Also a lot of posting about reading others with conclusions just being "I don't know, I'm going to watch you" which just seems to be hedging bets in case the wrong person flips and he wants to be on the right side of suspicion.

People I think are towny

me (duh)
bif (duh)
flerp - the body with that many wounds seems pretty likely to be town to me. I've not played a game of this style before but I don't buy it as being something that would have happened to scum. Unless flerp's lying about wounds, but I'm not sure if we have any way to corroborate that.
Drunk Nerds - Been pretty honest and forthcoming about what he wants to help with and I'm not feeling any negative vibes.

People I am not sure about
Venom - I honestly have no idea, the posting has been all over the place and not really giving me a strong feeling either way. It flips between friendly and barbed and doesn't have a massive lean on anyone in particular that would make me think anything. This could be innocent or a great scum play, and I've no idea which way it's going.
Anidav - I don't think he's been posting much that could be a sign either way (except for not understanding our glorious leader's comments, possibly because english is not his first language!). Nothing particularly positive or negative to go from.

And now I have yet another job to do (yay remote support) but I will be checking on my phone to watch myself get called out and possibly reply to questions/accusations. Happy to go into battle and test out my fighting ability from row 2. I've changed my day action to flerp, too.

tithin made the argument on Jan 2, 2018 10:59 that anidav was scum, but listed inf as his second pick. iajanus posted the above read three days later Jan 5, 2018 18:25, seems a bit of a stretch for an argument and before the previous days lunch. at that stage i think it was reasonable to lunch anidav over inf, though obv that has changed now. tithin seems town to me.

other people that are pinging me include little mac, tpink. was thinking xad as well though flerps argument has merit

ppl i'd trust more in a battle include curiouscat, drunk nerds, flerp (if he's feeling better), slasher hawk, tithin

first vote!!! ##vote inf come talk to us inf are you awake, tell us what is happening!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thanks tithin i'm pretty sure i haven't absorbed it all yet

also ty drunk nerds but if you remember town lost that game :/

tpink posted:

My quoted post was:

To be clear, I didn't say that cat wasn't putting in more effort into reads than some of the people who are totally absent from the thread. I said that their two cases were literally just summarizing people's posts and pointing out that it was a bunch of noise. Which is...ok, fine? Like, this is cat's case on little mac:

:shrug:

i'm curious about this. from the thread cat was legit away for a bit so this read to me like a legitimate point she noticed on catchup. i thought the point she made about lil macs posting was a good one (i don't agree with lil mac that she hasn't made hard reads, but that may be a definition issue)

i see inf didn't say when his bbq would end, we have time for him to come back and explain before lunching tho i'm not sure he will

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
who is gaspy? p sure slasherhawk is birdstrike yes?

Bifauxnen posted:

Anidav.txt

lol

Anidav posted:

You need to always expect the unexpected and there is nothing wrong with assuming that scum can help Mexico in more ways than one. You just have to assume that the large variety of healer claims means that some are illegitimate.

Or a spin. I'm not saying this is the case now, I'm saying how it could be the case in the future.

this isn't an unfair point a healer could be scum but so could literally anyone, no ones role removes them from consideration.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thankyou tithin and tnl

The Ninth Layer posted:

So don't assume people who heal are town, problem solved.

truth

also who is supposed to be healing flerp again?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

The Ninth Layer posted:

Loose lips sink ships.

yes i just remember some ppl had already claimed so if flerp gets no healing we should note that.

birdstrike is an ancient godlike australian fowl, deadly in size and stench. if you take a long walk on a hot summers day, some say you can smell him in the wavering heat of the australian outback.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
noted bif

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also would be helpful to know ma but whatever you reckon is best

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
bloody hell inf

tpink posted:

I’m just going to cheer from the sidelines, I guess.

:cheerdoge:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good luck soldiers

Retro Futurist posted:

Well this is all very disappointing

:eyepop:

Anidav posted:

Lmao Space that list is like almost half the thread. How does it add anything regarding content?

i appreciate that he adds content tho :p

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ooof

SirSamVimes posted:

There was definitely at least one scum player in the battle and scum in the front row wouldn't even be able to target the back row.

agree with the first bit but we've seen players (pmush) with skill sets outside the rules.

errrr

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
venom soag: didn't flag either on my first read through but battle results are p bad. of the remaining fighters he's more likely to be the scum battle. should keen in mind though we've seen different powers - someone in the front row could be scum with a weird power, scum could affect the battle w/o being in it (unlikely). i realise this is setup spec but we cant rule anything out. now we know inf was town (ugh) i'm leaning towards scum.

curious cat: still feels town to me but will keep an open mind. e: slasher makes good points

peramene: posting isn't strongly indicative one way or the other, but she seemed confident inf was town when most everyone else was p sure he scum. maybe she's just played more games with him or maybe she knew. STONECOLD69 SAYS MAYBE peramene SCUM

pos: i dunno read him as excited and new to mafia. the roleplay yes a new scum could hide behind it and while he has long posts most of it is flavour but its not particularly indicative. some omgus votes but if new player not unexpected i made my share :sweatdrop: would not vote at this stage

with tithin confirmed town i'm looking very hard at iajanus

e: dn has also made my poss scum list

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm ready to fight ma let me know

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmmm, if you were fighting, would you be any good at occult attacks by any chance?

no sadly

both tithin and xad had scum reads on venom soag, might have made them good targets.

Natural 20 posted:

As someone who absolutely loves setup spec and figuring out night actions.

I actually think beyond trying to make very basic assumptions about what happened at night, it's generally worthless to go back and pore through results with a fine tooth comb. There are so many abilities in this game and because we can't talk numbers we have no context for what lots of HP or attack might look like that you'd go insane before you could make anything meaningful out of night results.

This game will be won and lost on our ability to read people's posting. Incidentally, this is why I wasn't afraid to read people absent full claimed night results earlier today.

i agree we cant make factual assumptions about what exactly went down in battle but revisiting is good to provoke conversation/scum slips. also note your read on gaspy has been town all game.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
my mistake venom when rereading tithin i mistook an early scum read you did of tithin to him calling you scum.

Venom Soag posted:

What’s your point.

my point is that he seems very sure.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bifauxnen posted:

You preferred back row, right? Can you give some vague description of what you would do back there?

i can do either but my darlings prefer the back. i can give it to them either way. we don't got no magic tho if you missed my response to that earlier.

let me know if we're going in if you can ma!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
pos i'm sure the first bit was joke phase nevertheless dn has been acting scummy the last few pages.

Prince of Space posted:

I kin hitch my wagon to what yer thinkin.'

Truth be told, the more I read into Drunk Nerds, the more I wants to trust 'em enough ta be in the front row for tonight's battle.

Drunk Nerds: claims vanilla town, punches, minor heal.

SirSamVimes: dodgy postin,' coastin' a bit on the works of others, reactive bandwagoner.

## vote SirSamVimes

Personally, Ma, I think you you should put me, Drunk Nerds, and SirSamVimes Venom Soag peramene curiousCat tpink in the front row tonight.

i'm looking back at ssv, what of his posting do you think was dodgy? he's pushed hard on soag and i'm worried hes been targeted as a result.

i'm also a tad uncomfortable at the fast speed in which the lunch targets are moving away from ppl in that disastrous battle, noting what you've said ma. :)

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm considering it. If you want to know because you're trying to decide between doing a heal and doing some battle prep, please quietly stick with the heal no matter what.

If it's just a matter of doing battle prep vs doing nothing... I'll get back to you soon.

thanks ma

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Venom Soag posted:

I think SSV’s certainty and eagerness to push my lynch is potentially scummy? Like from kinda lurky and not really participating to guns blazing go go go seems too keen to shut down conversation.

thanks vsoag, i see that but i noticed he had a scum read on you day one so that makes me think he's had a more consistent opinion. i'd like to hear from pos as well though.

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh my

I'm reconsidering

:(

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SirSamVimes posted:

This actually seems kind of suspicious. Feels like you're trying to buddy up to me so you look better post-flip. I haven't been consistent on Soag at all. I was initially suspicious, then started considering him towny during day 2 and the night 2 results made me think he's scum again. Defending me by saying I've held a consistent opinion on Venom Soag reeks of scum buddying up.

don't worry ssv i still think your possibly scum. i was after some more reasonings from pos on his read given he was in the battle. i saw your day one posts on soag as having reasonable early suspicions which fed into your later vote but if you disagree who am i to say, the thread seems to agree with you.

you can put me up front if you prefer ma, wild horses couldn't drag me away from serving the sweet state of Texas

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
<- she

so many womans hey drunk nerds

thats two people not paying attention to who's flipped town after dying in battle btw

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
gee sorry

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
gl soldiers, be kind to one another

i would be happy w a dn lynch tomorrow

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

Final Post Counts for Day 3:

also i would like to point out i started on page 52, yet i have only 3 posts less than mithross.

tho given the responses maybe i should post less :downs:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi ma i know you don't fully trust me but i'm ready for battle whenever and whereever you need me.

ppl i'd trust most:

flerp - unlikely he lying about slasher good catch!
busb - posting seems p town

ppl i trust least:

slasher hawk no 1!
drunk nerds, i don't think his vote on xad was a joke i think it was a slip he even apologised after. he's scummy as hell
iajanus for previously mentioned reasons. he has an uncanny ability to hear his name spoken in the thread, like iajanus, iajanus, iajanus and there he is!

however there were ppl poisoned i believe iajanus may be able to help?

iajanus posted:

Without getting too specific it says I can heal an amount of ailments for another player. It’s the latter parts I’m not sure of.

also suss on venom, tired moritz, anidav and peramene to a lesser extent.

##vote slasher hawk

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

peramene posted:

I'm going to set myself on fire irl

no dont!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Little Mac posted:

I'm not going to heal soag, sorry.

omg we've already lost townies cause of ppl not listening to bif why are you still doing this.

Venom Soag posted:

Oh hey Iajanus is here I guess someone said his name.

lol

flerp posted:

i still lust for drunk nerd death

:same:

also thankyou for your kindness dn but i just can't give scum a pass.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
is there anyone around who hasn't voted i'm sure ma won't mind we still have twilight

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ma! thank god kill him

pos are you still there?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hooray i'm in battle ty ma i won't let you down

Bifauxnen posted:

Just like my beloved Jeabus' body

praise jeabus

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi ma i got stunned i'm sorry :(

not a desperado

Anidav posted:

tithin in there, he's offering me a milkshake!
Infinitum is playing daft punk on cassette tape and Stone Cold 64 is offering me to play WWE on the Nintendo 64!

Its beautiful!

dont go anidav!

ma re prince of space i still think he is a keen newbie who is jumping to what you say cause you are the boss, but yeah pos why is retro next is it the healing?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
look up pos also are they reads or status updates?

also not that it matters but i targetted illegally sober

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bifauxnen posted:

!

Thank you, this just got a whole lot easier!

Atomic Soda is lying. It was not possible for her to be stunned in yesterday's battle.

i am not lying! its what my char sheet says

do you want me to type up a claim, not that it matters if you are calling me a liar :( something is totally going on i def go stunned.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ok bif is sure i'm scum as she's talking over me. i'm a do my best for town in anycase.

firstly if you are sure i am scum you should lynch me today. this is the only way to prove that i am not scum at this stage. not lynching me if you are sure is a bad idea that will lead to mislynches.

secondly below is my role description:

i'm a rancher. i'm a lonesome cowboy type, just me an my horse. i came to help protect great texas against the mexican threat, then i'll ride back into the sunset.

i have good health, strength and agility. my abilities are:

don't need nobody: i start with lots of items including healing and ability buffs, but any item used by another person on me is rejected without exception. obv this is the skill i'm worried has caused confusion. this does not apply to abilities to be clear.

just me and my horse: prelim ability. buffs me (and my horses) agility for battle and removes 1 debuff.

straight shooter: does agility based damage, pretty good damage. can kill a target outright based on a spirit roll (unlikely with my stats). ranged, what i was attempting to use in battle.

you're standing on my shoes: melee str damage.

my opg is close shave, which protects me from death once (passive).

obv i am pretty much a battle character. please kill me if you truly think i am scum tho obv prefer if we focus on actual scum. me and my horse will not stand for your suspicious eyes.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i don't know what to tell you ma thats the ability

can name a bunch of items i have but i don't think that will help

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
so i still suck at this i'm sad to say
still glad that i came back again to play

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005