Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Phoneposting

Quick clarification: by “healing potion” I meant “first aid kit”. I was phoneposting from memory at the time :350:

Second - the damage from the bite was less damage than the kit could heal, so I decided to hold off on it so as not to be wasteful (plus I used something else yesterday). Admittedly I wasn’t thinking about things like an impetuous buff when I made that call - if you think there’s no time like the present I can do it today.

Yup, go ahead and use it to top off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

King Burgundy posted:

This part is really important.

If you guys want to fob it off and not case and find any last scum, I will of course pick someone out for you to cuddle. I have my own leanings. But if you want to continue having the agency to find the scum that I've given you the last two days, now is the time. We have four flipped scum, a ton of battle results, etc. There is absolutely the information we need in this thread to find the last scum.

My access is going to be limited this weekend but I want to help. Off the top of my head:

- I know I’m town
- Kash / fl get an “implied town” pass from me
- I’m inclined to trust IS and Slaan due to heals
- I think tobbs is town based on how he’s played
- if tobbs is town I think Hats and YPM are town based on his results
- I think gamer is town from battle results

Of the people left - Sal, Hal, tq, genex - Sal is the person who has had the least to contribute (I don’t remember battle results off the top of my head but believes the others have all been in?).

Sal - if not you, who is scum and why?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Still waiting on Hal.

We have no NK claim yet, right?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

My access is going to be limited this weekend but I want to help. Off the top of my head:

- I know I’m town

Of the people left - Sal, Hal, tq, genex - Sal is the person who has had the least to contribute (I don’t remember battle results off the top of my head but believes the others have all been in?).

I mean, cool, but this isn't really casing. It is absolutely a good first step to help decide who to focus on, sure. And it is one of many things I'm doing in the background with even more information. But among other things, you've listed a dead person as one of your people left. Also you seem to be putting the onus on finding scum on the least experienced person here. Which sure, is great if he's scum, but if he's not, isn't exactly going to yield huge dividends.

Also, I want to emphasize this from the rules:

quote:

== THE SCUM ==

Each thread has a SCUM faction allied with the TOWN in the opposite thread. These players have abilities that follow the same rules as above, but with some slight differences:
- Scum MELEE abilities may ONLY be used on THEIR OWN rank.
- Scum RANGED abilities may ONLY be used on the rank DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM.

NOTE: Scum's battle abilities are a degree more powerful than town's. A Leader putting scum in battle is almost certainly going to have more casualties as a result.

Scum probably have tricksy things, so this isn't the be all and end all, but it does make me think that it is possible, that a scum in the front line, could attack the enemies front line(I am in the dark on this, but it makes sense to me and was one of the things I complained about in the last version of this game). So while YPM absolutely did a positive thing in this battle, he isn't clear for the war.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

- I know I’m town

I mean at this point I don't give a gently caress if I get lynched or not. I'm town that's what I know for sure. Unfortunately I won't really have a lot of time to case due to work commitments. You are my biggest scum read followed by YPM. ##vote MMT

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I've tried not to be a loving whiner but I haven't participated in 2/3rds of this game. It's not very fun after awhile.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

King Burgundy posted:

:siren:

Heals:

FL heal TQ
Slaan heal FL
IS heal FL

Ok, set and ready to heal boss

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Was there a NK yesterday?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the auspolians are a contentious people

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was not NKd

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So no NK, everyone reported in?

Can scum NK if they are in battle?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Nope.

That said, I don't think we should read too much into the lack of a NK. It can be withheld, after all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

Nope.

That said, I don't think we should read too much into the lack of a NK. It can be withheld, after all.

Yeah agreed, just confirming rules

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It makes more sense to try to do as much damage as possible as the last scum.

As for YPM, I still am waiting for DN to show up in the other thread. YPM targeted them, but I'd like to see a damage report.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Although, if scum hides successfully, we have to lynch every day. 1 in 12 can be hard to tease out.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Looks like DN took piles of damage, feeling better about YPM.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I think that's the only answer. Nk-ing a heavy makes no sense otherwise.

What’s the rationale behind this?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I mean at this point I don't give a gently caress if I get lynched or not. I'm town that's what I know for sure. Unfortunately I won't really have a lot of time to case due to work commitments. You are my biggest scum read followed by YPM. ##vote MMT

Off memory - why am I your biggest scum read?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, cool, but this isn't really casing. It is absolutely a good first step to help decide who to focus on, sure. And it is one of many things I'm doing in the background with even more information. But among other things, you've listed a dead person as one of your people left. Also you seem to be putting the onus on finding scum on the least experienced person here. Which sure, is great if he's scum, but if he's not, isn't exactly going to yield huge dividends.

Yeah I can hold my hand up and admit that this one particular weekend isn’t the best for me to be able to do stuff. I’m visiting a friend I haven’t seen in months and I doubt I’m going to have computer time before leaving here and going into work.

Re: casework, I think it’s Sal. I’m a strong believer in the idea that the game gets less fun for scum as more and more people get confirmed town, and I feel like we’re seeing that from him. The only reason to think battle is 2/3rd of the game is if “hunting for scum” isn’t on the list of things to do.

When I ask for his reads, it’s more to help determine his alignment than out of hope that he’ll drop a Gotcha! case on the last scum

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It makes more sense to try to do as much damage as possible as the last scum.

As for YPM, I still am waiting for DN to show up in the other thread. YPM targeted them, but I'd like to see a damage report.

FWIW, I'd be kind of surprised if an NK had happened. If for example, there was only one scum left like people have been theorizing, any NK would hard clear every single person in combat. The NK would act as a super cop for us. The only way I see it happening going forward is if we have two scum left, or an inexperienced scum, or someone who knows they are going out any moment and just wants to do as much damage as possible before they go. Having said that, I'd be really excited if they did.

I deliberately avoided commenting on the above just to see what happened. I figured if an NK happened it would point the finger pretty hard at only one or two people. The lack of NK just leaves us a bit in the dark. It's true, it could be because they were in combat. But it could also be because they are smart/good players and realized what that would do. So if you want to take something from the lack of NK, take that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Looks like DN took piles of damage, feeling better about YPM.

DN was NK'd and then didn't get healed, unless secretly by Bif. So he is confirming a hit there, but he's not necessarily saying he got hit hard, just that it was enough to bring him down the rest of the way. Which may not have been much.

YPM's own description of his ability is that it does middling damage. I was thinking that would be enough to seal the deal, but apparently not.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

Off memory - why am I your biggest scum read?

Interactions with Quid and Peck along with blowing off people that cased them. Note that CL was with me too and he is 100% town.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

What’s the rationale behind this?

My rationale is that the Texas scum is getting cocky so killing a heavy makes total sense to increase deaths for the Texas.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Interactions with Quid and Peck along with blowing off people that cased them. Note that CL was with me too and he is 100% town.

Uhhh so your read on me is based on interactions with two people that have been dead since n2? Has anything I’ve said since then left an impact?

[url=”[url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844978&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post480056160”]here[/url] is every interaction I had with peck for the record, which one(s) fueled your opinion on me the most?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Fuckin a I hate trying to format on a phone lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
At this point MMT my give a gently caress is zero. I know my alignment. I'm town, if you think I'm scum vote for me, if you think I'm town vote for someone else. It's not fun being in a game where 2/3rds of it is not accessible. KB you have done a great job leading so don't take this as any insult to you.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I also agree that the lack of nightkill doesn't speak one way or the other about where the scum was last night.

YPM's target makes me feel nominally better because at least it shows he was telling the truth about that ability.

I, like MMT, think Sal is the correct vote for today from a content perspective.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So if you think Sal is scum. To confirm, you also think he was experienced enough to know he shouldn't NK last night with no coaching if he's alone?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

So if you think Sal is scum. To confirm, you also think he was experienced enough to know he shouldn't NK last night with no coaching if he's alone?

He’d be in a chat with Bif, no?

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Flying Leatherman posted:

I also agree that the lack of nightkill doesn't speak one way or the other about where the scum was last night.

YPM's target makes me feel nominally better because at least it shows he was telling the truth about that ability.

I, like MMT, think Sal is the correct vote for today from a content perspective.

Cool I'll make it easy ##vote SalTheBard

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh poo poo that vote was left over from another post, one sec

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sal. Never vote yourself unless you are scum and giving up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

He’d be in a chat with Bif, no?

##vote Sal

No, he's not in a chat with Bif.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

My rationale is that the Texas scum is getting cocky so killing a heavy makes total sense to increase deaths for the Texas.

I’m suspicious that you’re putting thought at all into “who would be the best NK target” given your lack of time to make cases.

This is where I was going to vote before.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Sal. Never vote yourself unless you are scum and giving up.

I'm town and giving up. My fate was sealed as soon as CL flipped town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m suspicious that you’re putting thought at all into “who would be the best NK target” given your lack of time to make cases.

This is where I was going to vote before.

Why? It's not loving rocket science that taking out tanks weekend the front line. It's a Warcraft raiding 101. Tanks take damage.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

I'm town and giving up. My fate was sealed as soon as CL flipped town

A whopping two people have claimed they want to vote you, one of whom you think is scum. I think you need to take a step back.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

I think that that's a call that'd be possible to make when YPM, the other guy that was under suspicion, was in combat, yeah.

King Burgundy posted:

Would Bif have been able to communicate this at all? Is it like the send a message every day thing in Qal?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Hm.

I dunno - I reread Hal and TQ looking for a second-best choice and they both seemed town to me.

I’m very aware that Chaos was me just harping on “I’m sure he’s scum” and people just kind of rolled with it so I’d personally love it if other people would actually try and search on this one game day where I’m temporarily indisposed (and yet still trying to hunt)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Why? It's not loving rocket science that taking out tanks weakens the front line. It's a Warcraft raiding 101. Tanks take damage.

• Locked thread