Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for December, 2017?
This poll is closed.
:human being: AJ Styles (WWE Champion) 38 42.22%
:corsair: Masaaki Mochizuki (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 14 15.56%
:alexa: Alexa Bliss (WWE Women's Champion) 2 2.22%
:spergin: Cody Rhodes (FORMER ROH World Champion) 1 1.11%
Dalton Castle (ROH World Champion) 19 21.11%
Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) 2 2.22%
:troll: Charlotte (Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:shrug: Eli Drake (Impact Global Champion) 2 2.22%
:tfrxmas: Don't Make Me Vote On Holiday! (None of the Above) 12 13.33%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

With multi-time champion Okada out of the running, and Pentagon Dark and Chuck Taylor not present due a confluence of timing, the clear winner for November was a wrestler who has been Rowdy Ringsports' Pro-Wrestling Champion of the Year twice but hadn't won the poll once this year - the Phenomenal AJ Styles.

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. There is no hard and fast rule for what qualifies as an "eligible" Champion because that way madness lies - we'd either have 4 poll options or 45. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc (such as PWG/Lucha Underground) those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant. NXT is still at this current time a Development Brand only, and neither of its top Champions are included on the monthly poll for that reason. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:human being: AJ Styles (WWE Champion) - AJ successfully defended his title against former Champion Jinder Mahal at Clash of Champions, and a great sigh of relief went up from the masses - the Jinder Experiment was over, and one of the best wrestlers in the world was once again champion. AJ did lose his last televised match of the year against Kevin Owens however, due to Shane McMahon getting involved - once again raising the spectre that 2018 will see AJ getting caught up in McMahon nonsense just like happened in 2017. But that's for next year, not this month.

:corsair: Masaaki Mochizuki (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - The Iron Man of Dragon Gate and the Soul of the King of the Kicker made his second defense of the title at Final Gate on December 23rd against Ryo Saito. This was yet another incredible match that adds to Mochizuki's case that he is the best wrestler over the age of 45 in the world. It's unlikely that he will have a defense in January as DG has their annual holiday break until mid-January, so this is your last chance at voting for him when he's only 47. By the time he makes his next defense Mochizuki will turn 48, and it feels like nothing is going to slow him down. Thanks to NotQuiteQuentin.

:alexa: Alexa Bliss (WWE Women's Champion) - Alexa was happy to let Absolution and their feud with the rest of the Women's Division take attention away from her belt in December. But after the announcement of the Women's Royal Rumble, she couldn't help but claim this was all due to HER and she would be waiting to take out the winner. That brought out Asuka who left her frozen in fear, then KOed by a spin kick and left laying. An ignominous end to a strong year for the Women's Champion.

:spergin: Cody Rhodes (FORMER ROH World Champion) - Cody seemed to be cruising to a ROH Title Defense against Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 12. But though he defeated Jay Lethal at a Revolution Pro Wrestling event, at ROH's Final Battle he fell short and lost the title he put so much stock in, and will now go to Wrestle Kingdom beltless.

Dalton Castle (ROH World Champion) - After bursting onto ROH with a lot of fanfare, Castle seemed to have fallen into the machinery of ROH and become trapped in the midcard act. But while everybody overlooked his chances, Castle and his Boys always believed, and he now ends the year as the ROH Champion.

Brock Lesnar (WWE Universal Champion) - Braun Strowman and Kane and not Finn Balor were almost all fighting for a shot at Brock for the title at Royal Rumble. Brock didn't give a gently caress and was happy to fight both, going so far as to enter the ring and beat them both up. But all he managed to do was get Braun out of the ring, and Kane sat up not long after taking an F5 - is Brock's title in jeopardy? Probably not!

:troll: Charlotte (Smackdown Women's Champion) - Charlotte defended her belt at Clash of Champions against Natalya in a Lumberjack match. Afterwards she set her sights on the Riott Squad and seemed to hold the upper hand. All eyes seem to be on the upcoming Royal Rumble and the first ever Women's match. Charlotte, like Alexa, seems to presume one of her brand's wrestlers will win and challenge her for the belt.

:shrug: Eli Drake (Impact Global Champion) - Eli Drake spent the first part of the month prepping for his title defense against Alberto El Patron in the first Impact of 2018. Impact is somehow still going to be running in 2018.

:tfrxmas: Don't Make Me Vote On Holiday! (None of the Above) - If you're busy getting fat, stuck with family or elsewhere on holiday enjoying some relaxing time away from work, maybe you are horrified at the idea of having so little time to vote. Or you don't care. Or you hate the available options? Either way, this is your chance to vote for None of the Above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

3 days to vote, and then we'll do the Champ of the Year Poll (spoiler: It's Okada)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Joe Doering

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tag Champ polls are HulkaMatt's business, not mine!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

What if I were to specify Jimmy Uso? Jimmy attempting Naomi's entrance puts him above Jey.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quit messing around.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
voted for our dad masaaki mochizuki.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm one of Dalton Castle's boys

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Somebody accidentally voted for Eli Drake, boy their face must be red!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Jerusalem posted:

I'm a big fan of everyone who clicks on the thread just to vote none of the above. Much respect

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
How do I vote for Tim Storm?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't watched any wrestling in December, but the latest OSW had Eli Drake on.

So there you go, by default he's my champ this month :v:

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Voted for the thinking man's wrestler, Masaaki Mochizuki.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Why aren't Tim storm or Nick aldis on the poll?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Why aren't Tim storm or Nick aldis on the poll?

I was gonna say it's for major champions, but then, Eli Drake is on the poll, so...

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

add the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship and restore it to its rightful glory

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

I was gonna say it's for major champions, but then, Eli Drake is on the poll, so...

So is AJ Styles.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Venomous posted:

add the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship and restore it to its rightful glory

PM me a write up every month and maybe I will :colbert:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I voted for "none of the above", but on second thought, I'd rather vote for Dalton.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jerusalem you hosed up and included the wwe title. i think you'll need to make a new thread to fix the poll

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I see that there's an edit poll option for moderators try that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wwe title still appears to be on the poll please address

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

wwe title still appears to be on the poll please address

Mike Cernovich only agreed to return to social media if he could vote for AJ as Wrestler of the Month.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

here’s matt hardy on the subject of the wwe title being included on this poll

[img] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DScVtisXUAEqmnI?format=jpg&name=900x900[/img]

DELETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There is still a little bit of time to vote on this poll, don't forget it's a shorter voting window now so we can do the Champ of the Year Poll ASAP.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fake poll

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

With no Okada, the winner probably wasn't really in doubt for anybody but Masaaki Mochizuki's hopeful supporters, as AJ Styles once again reaped the rewards for putting an end to the Jinder experiment. A two time Champion of the Year, this marks AJ's second win this year, just in time for the Champ of the Year poll to go up (soon!).

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:gas:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:qq:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just noticed that Jinder Mahal has won Wrestler of the Month more times than John Cena

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I just noticed that Jinder Mahal has won Wrestler of the Month more times than John Cena

I assume you mean champion of the month. And that's probably because he hasn't been champion very much since he got good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

I assume you mean champion of the month. And that's probably because he hasn't been champion very much since he got good.

He's been champion a fair bit since 2007.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He hasn't been champion very often since this forum started liking him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cena was getting pretty solid votes in 2013 but he was also up against Okada on his first dream run, plus Punk and Daniel Bryan were both around at the time as well.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Barring something really shocking or stupid I would expect Cena to win the poll whenever he finally secures that 17th Championship.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That depends: will Okada be champ that month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

If its a true and just world okada will always be champ

• Locked thread