Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

feedmyleg posted:

:same:

I just kinda feel like if an artist I've never heard of is suddenly everywhere that they're really popular with teenagers :shrug:

You couldn't walk down the street in Williamsburg 7 years ago without hearing her music coming out of a bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lycus posted:

Can I call her "Grimey"?

As she likes to be called

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Iron Crowned posted:

I just like to imagine that she's Frank Grimes

"I don't like traffic so I'll just drill my own personal tunnel to avoid having to interact with poors! I'm Elon Musk!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been a fan of her music for several years and saw her live in 2015 and she ruled, but yeah, I'm done with her now.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

I just like to imagine that she's Frank Grimes

I've been doing this since she coalesced out of the ether a week or two ago.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Five years and now I have to change my avatar

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mameluke posted:

Five years and now I have to change my avatar

Just pretend it's Quentin Quire

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I bet many of the artists you like have a political opinion you disagree with

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

If not for celebrities how would I form any opinions?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

None of them unironically say fake news though

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Guys she has receipts.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Casting news for the HBO Watchmen pilot:

Regina King, Louis Gosset Jr, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Adelaide Clemens and Andrew Howard.

If you didn't see yesterday, Lindeof said this is a sequel but also a retelling, and, well just read the thing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
That letter is too long to read, we'll just wait for the TV adaptation of it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah it's super long. Basically he's saying that it's new characters, but some of the same story beats and that he's very aware that a ton of people love this show and the fanbase will come for his blood.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

zoux posted:

Casting news for the HBO Watchmen pilot:

Regina King, Louis Gosset Jr, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Adelaide Clemens and Andrew Howard.

If you didn't see yesterday, Lindeof said this is a sequel but also a retelling, and, well just read the thing.

Oh boy this'll end well

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Never pictured Adelaide Clemens in a superhero show, that's for sure.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
He has a lifetime pass from me after the Leftovers, and Regina King is awesome, so gently caress it, I’m in.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I just don't get it at all, seems like they're only interested in the cultural cache of the name and aren't confident enough in an original IP so here we are.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Seems like avoiding the original text is a smart as hell move, since it's probably unadaptable. At least in a way to please the huge Watchmen fans.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently there's an interview going around where Jessica Walter recounts an incident where Jeffrey Tambor verbally attacked her to the point of tears and the rest of AD's male cast tries to downplay it to protect Tambor. Yikes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

Apparently there's an interview going around where Jessica Walter recounts an incident where Jeffrey Tambor verbally attacked her to the point of tears and the rest of AD's male cast tries to downplay it to protect Tambor. Yikes.

New season about to drop, they don't want the additional backlash right now. lovely as gently caress.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

Yup. Link, for those interested:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/999390053641150466

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

cultural cache

cachet

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Whoops, hosted by my own peetard.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Well that was deeply uncomfortable reading. Really turned me off that cast.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Whoops, hosted by my own peetard.

Retard

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I hope I never get famous so I don’t have my opinions judged 24/7.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/999149383038971904

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Jesus Christ, Marie. They're sex "jiffs".

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Walter posted that while Hank was in the bathroom reading Walt Whitman.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Looten Plunder posted:

I thought Musk was the internet's darling?

Musk is an anti-worker egomaniac who has never met a safety regulation he wasn't interested in getting around or just flat-out ignoring.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The perception that people like Grimes "popped up out of nowhere" is just a side effect of pop music no longer being ubiquitous. MTV's been dead forever, radio is dead, even seeing commercials is kind of gauche nowadays, so it's extremely easy to avoid hearing music unless you're already into it. I listen to millions of bands and I had to actively seek out Grimes a few years back because I had no idea who she was and neither did anyone I know.

In fact I'm pretty sure I have never met a Grimes fan in real life to this day.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
OH MY GOD EPISODE 7 OF 13 REASONS WHY SEASON 2 IS A WAKING LIFE RIPOFF hahahahaha this is amazing

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

precision posted:

The perception that people like Grimes "popped up out of nowhere" is just a side effect of pop music no longer being ubiquitous. MTV's been dead forever, radio is dead, even seeing commercials is kind of gauche nowadays, so it's extremely easy to avoid hearing music unless you're already into it. I listen to millions of bands and I had to actively seek out Grimes a few years back because I had no idea who she was and neither did anyone I know.

In fact I'm pretty sure I have never met a Grimes fan in real life to this day.

Basically unless you're actively in their targeted group, you don't hear about people until they do something amazing or do something terrible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If you didn't like Ken Brannagh as Poirot last year, don't worry, because the BBC is going to have John Malkovich play the detective in a 3 part adaptation of The ABC Murders

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bruceski posted:

Basically unless you're actively in their targeted group, you don't hear about people until they do something amazing or do something terrible.

Yeah pretty much. That and culture is no longer really into the whole "pop star" concept in general.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Unless you're Bey.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
13 Reasons Why with the most dead-on portrayal of what happens when you take Ecstasy

"Don't these feelings have to be inside us for the drug to find them?"
"I'm not sure that's how it works"
"Do you believe we have a soul?"
:stare: "I... hope so..."

lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/KevinTPorter/status/999406969365544961

This is hard to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Holy poo poo only Jessica and Alia come out looking good in this. Jesus.