Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It amazes me that enough young people watch Jeopardy that it can go viral on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I agree that Skins seasons 1-2 are good, but man it got so bad later on

This is completely unrelated to anything but man why do people always bring up that scene in The Wire where they just say "gently caress" or variations thereof as one of the best TV scenes of all time? It's....not good. Especially when you consider how many other great Wire clips there are.
I don't think I've seen any more than 1 or 2 episodes after Skins s4.

I did try to watch the MTV adaptation though. Talk about a trainwreck.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

For some reason I thought The Good Place was a family drama or something like This Is Us.

Guess I need to check it out.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

So now that I'm done with The Good Wife, I need a new procedural or legal drama to keep my nervous system intact. I tried watchimg Midsomer Murders, but so far the pilot is sapping my will to live. And it's 100 minutes long.

Any recommendations?
Boston Legal was very enjoyable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I wonder if Aziz was always like this or, as he became more famous and powerful, he latched onto PUA bullshit and turned into this monster.

Because that account with sticking his fingers in the girl’s mouth to then finger her sounds like textbook PU bullshit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm starting to believe that if you're a dude and you're incredibly vocal about women's right we should assume you're a piece of poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTMow_7H47Q

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why would you even drink red wine on a first date? It stains your teeth and lips smdh

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

raditts posted:

TIL that actually listening to someone you're hooking up with when they say no or push you away rather than fish-hooking their mouth and jamming your dick into their face makes you a "mind reader"

wow so rational, so measured

also loving lmao if you think that is the first time that has happened with him
I absolutely would not be surprised if that was discussed in either The Pickup Artist series on VH1 or Neil Strauss's The Game.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GreenNight posted:

Well, Shannara Chronicles has been canceled.
We'll always have that scene where them seeing Spock on Star Trek inspired an Amish cowboy rave.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If the internet represents the will of the people, then clearly cats > dogs :colbert:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just lol

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/953729116649517056

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

The first episode of the new season of American Crime Story was pretty good. The first season was really great so i have high hopes for this one.

It's weird how uneven the quality of Ryan Murphy shows are.
Scream Queens had a good pilot too.

After that, ehhh

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wtf there was a 2017 The Saint movie?!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Has the storm passed for Aziz Ansari? I feel like this thread was ready to crucify him a week ago.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Just watched Letterman and Obama. It's okay. He's as great a speaker as ever but he's words ring kind of hollow when you look at his record. I didn't expect Letterman to ask him anything too interesting but it's a shame Obama doesn't seem self critical at all.

He also says some real moderate nonsense at times that comes across as someone still more concerned with political appearances than the reality we now live in.
Obama is and always was a third way pushover. We projected our progressive hopes onto him.

We are all to blame.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

It doesn't really matter what the internet thinks as the general public was all over season 3. According to Adult Swim it was their highest rated show ever.
Is Rick and Morty actually a good show? I haven't seen a minute of it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

swickles posted:

You should read up on Sarah Paulson.
Whaaat Sarah Paulson is gay?

Rhyno posted:

Why? Is it only acceptable for a man to date a younger woman?
Men are pig scum though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's Soderbergh, so yes.

I mean, you liked The Knick, right?
Question about Mosaic, is the app just a cut down version of the show? Seems like it might be easier to just watch the HBO presentation to get the whole picture.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just finished pilot of Counterpart. Good but not great, but that's mainly a script issue with pacing.

I would describe it as Fringe x The Americans. Which you can't say no to.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 30, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Tom Hanks just plays himself in everything.
If Tony Kornheiser is to be believed, he played a poor Ben Bradley in The Post. You see, Bradley was a lion of a man, the sexiest and most dangerous man in any room.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Watch it again, and see if you feel the same way. I thought once you get past the concept and style of the show, the burn is ok.
I watched ep 2 and it's still good, just without the OMG I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE feeling.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Can’t wait to hear that he farms out his reviews

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I think I saw like 3 episodes of Roswell back in the day, I just remember that Heigel was voluptuous and Darla from Buffy/Angel was the FBI alien hunter.

I think that as a concept it could be a decent show.
I started watching Grey's Anatomy right when it premiered, before it got popular :smug:, because I knew Heigl from Roswell.

I bailed after season 3 or 4 though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Altered Carbon ramps up the nudity from Sens8 s1 (haven’t seen s2) but it makes perfect sense in-world. There’s not really unnecessary nudity other than 1 sex scene.

The way that some reviewers think any sexual violence is unacceptable is hilarious, like they need to offer fake outrage or people won’t take them seriously.

Yeah, not facing our underlying racism and just ignoring it during the Obama years has worked really well since then.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 3, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tortolia posted:

For all of the crap you can throw at JJ Abrams, he gave us Fringe, so he's cool in my book.

I'm not sure why Counterpart is flying so far under the radar, but thankfully it has a second season order so it does have time to get word of mouth.
The Fringe that JJ gave us was basically X-Files though.

The Fringe we eventually got was quite different and much better.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cloverfield Paradox was directed by an amateur and written by a hack. It’s not worth your 100 minutes.

Also lol at Gugu Mbatha-Raw getting 4th billing despite being the main character.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Timby posted:

Remember, Amazon was ready and willing to fund a fourth season of Hannibal, but wanted production to start relatively quickly. Fuller demurred, saying that he refused to set a filming date until the entire season was planned and written. (And he was already knee-deep in American Gods and Amazing Stories.)

Amazon took a hard pass when he set those demands.
I heard it was primarily because he was spread too thin with American Gods and Star Trek.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Soup was great for catching up with pop culture. Nothing has really filled that hole.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

So only one ghost, and he's not spooky?
Is it Milo Ventimiglia?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

I just started watching S1 of Expanse. Definitely feels like a SyFy drama show right now. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, either.

I'm 2 episodes in so far and have it ranked at "good, not great" status. Is there a specific point where it makes the leap to ZOMG MUST SEE TV?
4 episodes in is when you will know whether it's your bag, baby.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

^ ohhhhh i get it now. questionably funny

edit: v I knew that relevant part of the lyrics but didn't get it until I started writing this post. I was fixated on the chairs themselves. Like I said, not really funny. :colbert:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 9, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don't want Salem to be a deadbeat dad :smith:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

I need a new show to watch and it’s between The Orville or The Expanse. I know they’re pretty different but what’s a more captivating watch?
The Expanse is the best sci-fi show on TV.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That Facebook post is... a bit lacking.

spoiler: my posts are lacking

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I will be upset if The Joel McHale show doesn't recap the Kardashians. I need to stay in the pop culture loop.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I remember seeing this poo poo on late night TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIfu-FsxG00

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

I'm out...i don't get performance art.
It’s a pretty white girl acting super weird isn’t that so weird why isn’t she being a normal pretty white girl?!?!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Graham Norton Show continues to be the GOAT:
https://twitter.com/intpsarah/status/964962012156526592

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It took months for me to finish Legion, and even then I had to binge the back half in one sitting. I like mutant stuff and I like artsy stuff (see: Hannibal) but for some reason, Legion just never worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I agree with precision here, there’s something going on with her face that gives me that weird uncanny valley thing. She just looks so... sharp pointy. I don’t know. Even if she’s on a talk show or something.
You can't defy gravity.