Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The pilot for Counterpart is available if you have Starz access (I have the add-on via Amazon). It's pretty drat good. Looking forward to more episodes for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My wife and I got off the Vikings train mid season 4, but it's still a show worth giving a shot. We just didn't really gel with some of the character changes and new focus.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HanabaL03 posted:

Been a while since I’ve read this thread.

Counterpart. Anyone else watching? I’m in love with the show. Give J.K. Simmons all the emmys.

The pilot was great and I'm looking forward to more. Surprised it isn't getting more attention.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Counterpart episode 3: that escalated quickly :stare:

This show is fantastic.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For all of the crap you can throw at JJ Abrams, he gave us Fringe, so he's cool in my book.

I'm not sure why Counterpart is flying so far under the radar, but thankfully it has a second season order so it does have time to get word of mouth.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

OldSenileGuy posted:

I just started watching S1 of Expanse. Definitely feels like a SyFy drama show right now. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, either.

I'm 2 episodes in so far and have it ranked at "good, not great" status. Is there a specific point where it makes the leap to ZOMG MUST SEE TV?

Episodes 3 and 4 do some really neat things and the rest of the season builds over time. The season ends at a great spot.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Americans on March 28th, Legion on April 3rd, and this. Now I just need a date on 12 Monkeys.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Croatoan posted:

So I got caught up in a random episode of The Good Fight and holy poo poo, this is a good show. So The Good Wife was this good too?

It got a bit rocky towards the end with the increased focus on Alicia but it was otherwise very consistently strong. Well worth watching if you like legal shows with some soapy drama attached.

Edit: it also had Michael J. Fox in a recurring role as an amazing sleazeball lawyer. Probably worth watching for his guest spots alone.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 3, 2018

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Duke posted:

RIP The Grinder

Such a good show.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Santa Clarita season 2 is hilarious so far. Definitely an improvement on the first.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

I thought season 1 was better than most critics gave it credit for, but season 2 has been amazing. It has become one of the best shows on Netflix (hell on TV period). The term ‘Nazi lobsters’ will stick with me forever.

Joel's concern about his bookcase design and the comment about it being Nazi occupied is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think another reason TWD has become just background viewing is the fact that they've gotten away from the lethality of the setting. Yes, people die, but the only time that main cast members are ever in danger anymore is during season premieres, midseason finales or season finales (and those deaths are hyped to hell and heavily foreshadowed). Early on you'd have Important Characters just die suddenly in any given episode, so you'd actually be incentivized to pay attention and watch episodes live so you could avoid spoilers.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Santa Clarita Diet works better when you assume all of the main characters are basically in a state of shock due to their circumstances. It's hilarious regardless.

And in Shows Actually Getting Renewed News, Legion is getting a third season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Doesn’t Clooney have a pretty big reputation of going to bat for the crews of movies he’s in?

He's also a huge prankster.