Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I managed to not gain any but only because I lost a few pounds from being sick in December. Back to square 1 baby :yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The holidays are now over and I'm depressed :(

I won't be until I take down the tree! :shepface:

Packing Christmas up just depressed the gently caress out of me. I'll leave the decorations downstairs up probably until February. The rest I'll take down during the playoffs to take the edge off. Cheer up bud, we get another one of these in about 12 months. :gbsmith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

WHOOPS posted:

this is the most fun tweet WaPo has ever put out

"Ha ha look how cold it is so much for climate change libs," I say as I am crushed by my collapsing house in northern Maine during a cyclone in the middle of winter.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

You liked choc covered banana? I was so pumped for that flavor and it tasted very artificial banana-y to me. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't get it again.

Pumpkin Pie is awesome and so is Pancakes and Waffles!

Pancakes and waffles is great.

I think the only flavor I didn't like is the oatmeal one. Not because the flavor is bad but because oats started giving me digestive problems a while ago and I wasn't thinking.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

my goddamn grill is frozen

Close your mouth.

Related, we have a three foot shelf of snow hanging horizontally off of our roof. I have no idea how that staying up especially with these winds.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 4, 2018

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Juggernaut posted:

You can tell when Trump writes things because they read like they are written by a 12 y.o. girl.

Now bring that age down a few years.

Huh, if Trump acts like a 12-year-old girl that moght also explain why Roy Moore was such a huge fan.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If there's one thing I associate with mental stability, its just constantly going around and telling everyone how great you are.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

It's Time To Give Joe Lieberman Another Shot

If anyone does this, make sure the syringe is filled with Drano.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm taking down the Christmas tree while warching the game.

Taking Christmas apart is so depressing :smith:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I didn't much like garbanzos the one time I put them in my chili recipe, but then again my chili is half cheap canned ingredients from Aldi so :shrug:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I can't believe performance evaluations are a thing. The last job I had, some Orville Redenbacher-looking dickweed would just come by once a year and lie to me that the company didn't have any money for raises. Easy peasy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol bannon just got fired from Breitbart

https://youtu.be/rX7wtNOkuHo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

"Excelsior! Whosoever holds this hammer, if she be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”

*looks down*

"No thanks hon, looks like it's covered in thores already."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My daugher is napping so I've catalogued the most recent heap of NES games I've gotten to sell and will be taking them apart to clean the contacts later. For now I'm walking on the treadmill and farting around online. I'd started watching Dark on Netflix but It's not really clicking. Time travel usually sucks as a plot device because there's always a bunch of stupid bullshit that need explaining. Only halfway through episode 3 and...eh.

The best time travel show of all time was the Futurama episode where they go back in time to the 1940s, get frustrated with tiptoing around and then blast the gently caress out of everything while literally screaming "screw you, causality!"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I think I have played through that 20 or so times. I forgot what my best 100% run was.

I know I've done a 2:30-ish run when I was a young fat nerd with nothing better to do. Played it a couple of years ago and mustered a 4-hour plus game out of the attempt.

Really is a great game. They know just how to hint what you need to do next without making it feel like they're holding your hand the whole way through.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

No, you see if it's cold when it should be, global warming isn't real. But of it's not cold when it should be, that doesn't mean anything.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Every single time they show a car commercial with automatic braking the guy behind the wheel is tailgating like am rear end in a top hat.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I was 28 the last time I dated some one 21, but that's more a rule for who you should be looking to date, not a hard and fast rule on all intimacy. As long as you aren't predatory and observe the campsite rule (leave them better off than you found them, something to endeavor for in all relationships but more important in ones with a large age gap) I think using 21 as a catch all minimum isn't anymore arbitrary than the half your age plus seven rule.

I dunno, "take only pictures, leave only footprints" sounds really predatory to me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

This book states that daddy's toots are loud and mommy's toots are quiet. Let me tell you, neither of those statements is necessarily true.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Years back I broke my ankle slipping on some ice in my buddy's driveway. He was 15-20 feet away but still heatd the snap. I landed in such a way that my leg got folded under me. So that was fun. Naturally the smartest thing we could do was have me limp up the spiral staircase to his 2nd-floor apartment.

I've also had a pilonidal cyst, which is something that happens right around where your back meets your butt. I let that go for so long that the doctor insisted on cutting some of it out in his office with only a local anaesthetic. Was thankfully put under for the follow-up surgery but ended up with a fist-sized hole in my lower back that took months to heal.

Both of those were decades ago though. I had surgery for an inguinal hernia in 2016. That recovery wasn't t too bad pain-wise with only ibuprofen, and the hernia itself was only a nuisance prior to. I'm sure the ultimate cause was work-related but the thing that caused the tissue to finally rip was a sneeze.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My only celebrity story is I met Jerry Glanville and Dirk Koetter in a bar in Hartford for a fan event for the city's now defunct UFL team. Koetter told me that the "arena guys can't throw the ball for poo poo" after I asked about on of the UFL QBs, a former arena player who'd had a good year and went on to be a 3rd-stringer with the Cowboys.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

let he who hasnt had a wicca girlfriend through the first stone

Jokes on you, we went out twice and she only wanted to be friends. :smug:

Oh poo poo, wait, no then there was the second one I flipped out and broke up with because I was depressed and an emotional wreck for most of my late teens/early twenties.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Since everyone else has already suggested therapy I'm gonna play devil's advocate for alcoholism.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Master Stur posted:

I'm broke and dead inside so I trudge along just fine at 5-6hrs every night just like my broke dead inside father before me and the one before him. Wouldn't recommend. My wife basically doesn't function without 9 hours, bodies are weird.

Same!

I spent years working second shift and now I'm keyed to sleep from 12-8. My toddler is always awake by 6:30 though so that basically never happens. It especially sucks because I can no longer have caffeine.

Meanwhile my wife needs to be in bed by 9:30 or she's groggy the next day, and she'll sleep until 9 AM on weekends. Go figure.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm jealous of all your weird dogs. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

getting enough sleep is the dopest lifestyle decision and I recommend the poo poo out of it

:yeah:

I don't think I realized that until I simultaneously lost the ability to caffeine and had a child.

I wouldn't say that blacking out is rad but there is something comforting about just being able to fall asleep right where you are. The recliner in our basement is super comfy and I've missed the 4th quarter of SNF more times than I can count.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

pubic works project posted:

This is one of the only times I've seen him watching TV. He loves Secret Life of Pets.

We took him out to dinner and he loved sitting on the patio.

Get a skirt for that tree. :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Our health insurance has a program where they'll give you a cheap or free fitness tracker and will put money into your HSA if you walk a certain number of steps and/or walk several times a day. I opted for the cheap lovely free one and the only place it actually properly registers my steps is in my underwear.

I'd normally say gently caress it to something like this because it's creepy to have a company actively monitoring you, but my wife said that whatever money we don't have to put into that account I can spend on beer. Long story short it's like an extra $30-$90 a month on my beer budget for something I'd be doing anyway... except with an electronic collar on my crotch.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Video games are sports and I will die on this hill

It's okay you got an extra life.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

If you get good enough at games you could build a literal hill:

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/954481270834257920

I had gotten really good at those in my early 20s. There was a claw machine at a diner I used to frequent that I'd routinely snag two toys at once, and even managed three once. I think it started as a pathetic way to cozy up to a girl I liked.

Long story short, she just wanted to be friends and we both dodged a bullet on that one.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Well, that's one way to get felt up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am a beer snob who hates ipas

Embrace chaos

My man!

I like my beer dark, malty and boozy for the most part. Winter is the best because everyone is making stouts and bocks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Marshmallow stouts are p boss

Smuttynose up in New Hampshire did a fluffernutter stout a while back, and brews a new batch every so often IIRC. There's a tiny local brewery near me that does a chocolate mint stout. I'm dying to try it but my beer money is tapped for the month. :(

Edit: Having a Sam Adams Chocolate Bock tonight while I get some work done.

Further edit: The straight-to-VHS prequel, Penultimate of the Mohicans, really was surprisingly good. But avoid the later pre-prequel, Antepenultimate of the Mohicans. I mean, Rob Schneider? No thank you.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 20, 2018

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Fin du Monde is really delicious

:agreed:

Though for Belgian style beer I really like Ommegang. I normally toast the new year with a bottle of Three Philosophers but my local shop was out of it. :argh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Master Stur posted:

Breweries or good places to eat mostly. Won't be staying too long probably two to three days

Just a few places near me. These are all going to be north of Warwick though.

1: Bucket Brewery 100 Carver St Pawtucket RI

Decent little place that does a brunch thing some Sundays and has movie nights on Thursdays in the (pretty large) tasting room. Solid beer and some interesting styles, though nothing truly stupendous. Try Black Goat of the Woods if you want something really weird. it's a spiced irish milk stout. Beer available in growlers and six-packs.

2: Crooked Current 560 Mineral Spring Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02860

The smallest craft brewer in Rhode Island. Super tiny little brewery that only ever features three beers on tap. Styles trend a little towards the gimmicky, but they know what they're doing. I can vouch for the Pumpkin Maple Ale, which is good. The hefe and the New Zealand IPA are decent, though I'm a stickler for hefes and not a huge fan of hops, so my opinion on these might be skewed. They've got a chocolate mint stout out now and I'm dying to try it but my beer money is dried up for the month. :(

It's way too small for tours but they do have a tasting room. Beer is available in 32-oz cans and growlers. While you're there, you may as well check out...

3: Foolproof Brewing 241 Grotto Ave #1, Pawtucket, RI 02860

Rhode Island's largest craft brewer, who were formerly housed in Crooked Current's exact location. If it weren't for the fact that it was so close to CC I might not recommend it. Not that Foolproof is bad, just that they don't have any real standout beers. They do tours on Saturdays, and sell merchandise and beer soap. Beer is in six-packs. I cannot for the life of me recall if they do growler fills.

4: Skyroc Brewery 11 Riverbank Rd, Attleboro, MA 02703

New brewery in my hometown. They've got a nice big taproom but I've only been a couple of times and the lineup has changed a lot from what I can tell. Their Brick Building beer is a light smoked ale and probably the best thing they've got. The beer is good but kind of overpriced for what it is. Their style selection trends a little hoppy, but they've apparently got a maple winter warmer out now that sounds good. Beer is in growlers with some styles in six-packs. Or it might be four-packs of 16-oz cans now.

5: Bog Iron Brewing 33 West Main Street Norton, MA 02766

Getting a little far from Warwick now but Bog Iron has been around for 4-5 years and they've done pretty well for themselves. Probably the best, most consistent brewer on this list. Can recommend the Campout Mild, Swiss Mistress chocolate milk stout, and Joe coffee stout. They mostly make lighter, hoppier beer, which isn't my thing. The maltier stuff they do is great though. The mild might be the best beer they make IMO, it's really flavorful and at only 3.2% abv. They used to do growlers but recently announced they were phasing them out. Been a while since I've been there and I'm not sure how far along that is. They're just bottling everything now in 17-oz and 32-oz containers, afaik.

Honestly I haven't been to most of these in a year or so because I've been pretty frugal with my beer purchases. Following them all on Facebook though so it's not like I'm sending you anywhere that's closed down. I've heard good things about Proclomation Ale Company and Revival Brewing, which are closer to you, but have never been to either.

As for where to eat, I liked Durk's BBQ in Providence. They have a whiskey menu if you're into that sort of thing. I only learned about it on the way out on our first visit. Providence Place Mall has a Dave and Buster's if you want to drink and spend too much on arcade cabs. Don't have much more than that because my wife and I are old boring hermits who spend most of our time at home.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I was waiting for his legs to snap away and be driven into his chest.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

very stable genius posted:

I was waiting for both. First his legs snap, then the weights fall and crush his skull.

I’m a sick man very stable genius.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I need more veggies in my diet so I am thinking of buying a crock pot and just tossing poo poo in there with chicken and calling it a day for dinner all the time

Can confirm this works pretty well.

Any goons out there shave their heads? I toxxed to do so if the Eagles won but my beard trimmer at home is probably not ideal. If anyone has recommendations I'd be happy to hear. I just tossed a cheapass Wahl haircut kit in the cart for now.

Edit: I'll happily drop my honey mustard chicken recipe here when I get home because it's great and it's dead simple with only 3 ingredients. Go on and guess what they are.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I shave/crew cut my hair because its cheaper than going to a barber and my fro rear end hair resists styling anyways

Literally any shaver works well. The only problem is that Wahl burns out really fast, but if you are doing it once it doesn't matter.

I might keep it up if I like the look. Truth is I'm balding anyway and used this as an excuse to get off the fence. Think I've hesitated for so long because it feels like an admission that I'm middle-aged and my hair isn't coming back. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Shaving your head and having zero hair maintenance is pretty great. Bonus points if you have a bald head and a beard for next level bad assery imho

I am bearded!

Like what's the mark for where the beard ends and the hair line begins though? I don't just want to go with a goatee.