Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Welcome to 2018! Post pics of your dogs!

CHILI

Thaddius the Large posted:

Not sure if this is what you�re referring to, but I�ll keep pushing this recipe as long as I breathe

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
12 ounces chorizo sausage, casing removed, cut into 1/2 cubes
1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 (14.5 oz) cans beef broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans whole tomatoes, drained
1 (12 oz) can beer (your choice here, doesn't have a huge impact what you use, just make sure it's not too lovely)
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cinnamon stick
3 bay leaves
2-4 green jalapenos, slit lengthwise 3 times each (alternately, 1 habanero and 1 jalapeno)
1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
Salt and pepper, to taste

Some notes:
You can tailor the meat to your budget. I always get nice sirloins cut up at my butcher, but any old stew meat will work (round, etc). I prefer spicy pork chorizo (again, my butcher makes it) because the chicken stuff doesn't taste right to me.
You can tailor the recipe to your level. You can make your own chili powder for instance. Or make your own beef stock.
I usually make it with a brown ale, something Newcastle-y. Up to your tastes. I wouldn't use a stout personally, but a porter might be interesting.
This is a very mild recipe. I usually use 2 habaneros (seeded, diced) and 3-4 jalapenos (sliced). I like my chili hot.
Never add beans to chili, unless you're a goddamn pinko commie.

Directions:
Place oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Brown the sirloin in
batches. Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
Add chorizo and onions to the pot and brown. Make sure to break up the meat.
Return sirloin to the pot and stir in remaining ingredients, except for garnishes.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 3-5 hours (longer is better). Stir occasionally, breaking up tomatoes.
Before serving, discard cinnamon stick and bay leaves (and habanero if you didn't dice them, don't want someone biting into that!). Garnish with cheese and sour cream, if desired.

Sent from my iPhone

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://imgur.com/a/mXWQI

Iggy likes a good fire.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I've got a beef roast in a red wine reduction sauce in the slow cooker. I'll be making a horseradish cream sauce later.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

My beef roast was a huge success! My wife loved the horseradish cream sauce.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmfao

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I really want to check out this rock climbing gym near me but I'm tempted to wait at least a week or two for the rush to die down slightly. It's also 20 loving degrees outside so yeaaaa.

Supposed to hit 9° on Friday with 20-30kt winds. Why do I live here? I should move someplace warmer and cheaper

Yeah it's 5° here in Indy

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I've been blasting rebel scum and flying my TIE Fighter in SW: Battlefront 2

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ugh. 2018 has started off great for your friend, PWP. I slipped on some ice yesterday in an area that maintenance should have salted. Busted my kneecap. Then our furnace went out. Thankfully maintenance fixed it. Next my wife's battery died so I have to deal with that while my knee is still in a lot of pain. loving hell.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

like, you slipped at work?

HELLO WORKERS COMP

God I wish. I slipped walking out to my car to go to work.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Starfighter combat in SW: Battlefront 2 is so loving awesome.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

The vpn is getting absolutely murdered by the entire company being on it, so I've been playing with my knockoff roomba I got for christmas and telling myself "it's too windy to bother shoveling anything, just wait" like I won't be regretting that in 3 hours.

Have the roomba do it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

my goddamn grill is frozen

Can't you just turn it on and heat it up...??

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Can't even open it.

also trump is a tremendous pussy

https://twitter.com/ErickFernandez/status/948997684458938370

teleconferenced in from 150 feet away

Okay well that answers my question!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

I've been making egg white omelettes and nuking them in the morning.

I am also a loving animal who likes the taste of dried out eggs due to growing up eating those mcdonalds scrambled eggs.

Yeah I've been making omelettes too and then nuking them. Usually put red pepper and spinach in it. Today I spiced things up with bacon.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I started putting a little bit of whatever protein (grilled chicken, pieces of gilbert's chicken sausages) into a muffin pan and then cracking an egg over the top with a very small sprinkling of cheese, salt and pepper. Oven at 350 for about 5-7 mins based on your preferences and then heat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave the next morning. It's solid and delicious.

I find the gilbert's sausages and wrapping it in plastic wrap keeps it from drying out.

I've done this before as well. loving delicious.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I don't have the discipline to do any of that so it's usually peanut butter (or cashew butter if I made some) on a bagel with a side of fruit and a glass of whole milk.

I am gonna try those though. Never thought a warm breakfast could be that easy and quick.

I have these great meal prep containers. https://www.amazon.com/Enther-Conta...Prep+Containers

I make my breakfast the night before and sometimes I have enough for two days.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/949446877451255809

Hahahaha

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

God I laughed pretty hard when Howard from Better Call Saul showed up as a decadent Space Roman

Also speaking of decadent Romans its amazing how even loving Caligula and Nero would be more competent than Trump

I'm so far behind. I'm assuming they're heavily touched on the Kree?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

We’ll all remember this.

In other news watch this all

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/949747462465470464

Nooooooooooooo....Hoss!!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

It's apparently copied and pasted from some NY Post editorial and Trump hosed up consensual and consequential.

I clicked through to Trumps twitter so everyone else doesn't have to. God it's so terrible.

e: It also took him a full 16 minutes to copy and paste the second part of what he was trying to quote.

That's cuz he can't read

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

One thing about the morning workout is that I don't have to dread it all day now

Yeah I need to start getting my fatass up in the mornings. I just like sleep too drat much.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

His relationship with Gilbert is toxic. He came back to win Cleveland a ring, which he did, so yeah all signs point to him leaving. I would love to see him in Philly :allears:

I'd like to see him in Indiana next to the 2019 MVP Victor Oladipo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

Sorry but Lebron is going to join his banana boat friend CP3 in Houston

Look man, I just want him here for a year. Is that too much to ask? :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Imagine Bron and Lance on the same team lol

Yessssssssssssssssss

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

I wish him luck in this future endeavor.

Same fam

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Uh masturbate duh

hifi posted:

astral projection

NBS' post made me read hifi's as anal projection. Wtf

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Glad it's not just me

Same fam

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

"Excelsior! Whosoever holds this hammer, if she be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”

:drat:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I am so god drat bored at work today.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/951229602923458566

There is not a :thunk: big enough for this

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I was like triple-taking at this photo because I personally took some very similar photos of a tarantula wasp a long time ago. They're around in CA, I believe I saw a few while hiking on Fremont Peak around ten years ago.

Here's some cropped copies of my photos that I found in a folder marked "critters" for some reason... maybe for the Critterquest thread? I think they're on exactly the same plant!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CAZADORES!!!!!!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Dark Souls is coming to Switch :getin:

Someone on my twitter posted a PS4 set that's coming out.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

What's everyone doing at work today

I'm sitting in accounting working on Sage and Excel issues

I am bored out of my mind at work. We just had our weekly staff meeting so that broke today up some. About to go take a dump on company time though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I have bigger boobs

Ooooooo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

my favorite video game of all time is super metroid

Super Metroid is a very fun game. I used to rent it all the time as a kid and always hit a plateau at a certain area due to time restraints and skill. Then I bought it and one day, I broke the plateau and was so pleased with myself!

And that's my Super Metroid story.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis is the greatest game of all time

I disagree. It's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

Edit: dammit I came in here as fast as I could, but I think I missed my window.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No work for me today!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We have nothing to do today except wait for the ice to kill us all and then we may get sent home a bit early?

Ice came in for us early this morning. Called my GM and he said "gently caress no just stay home."

So I'm playing Battlefront 2 right now and loving up some battle droids.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

It's currently 35 degrees in Houston wtf is going on

The End Times have come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I like the Percy Jackson books.