Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not a danger detector. it's a plot detector, usually for when he gets lost or distracted. this time, it woke him up because he was sleeping through the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Murdstone posted:

He's awfully happy about being turned into a freak.

The Scorpion can take the suit off, can't he? So it's basically, "I'm arachnid-strong, I get to use this crazy suit to go after Spider-Man, and I'm getting paid for it."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think the Mechanical Tail (tm) is like welded to his spine or something.

edit, per wikipedia: "Jameson decided to turn Gargan into a deadly adversary for Spider-Man through a barely-tested procedure, which left Gargan with an unremovable scorpion-themed armor and the predatory instincts of the arachnid."

edit edit: which begs the question how he uses the bathroom.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 20, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Inadequately posted:

"So, whaddya make of this, sarge?"

"Well, he died of asphyxiation in a sealed train car in the middle of nowhere rigged to be an inescapable deathtrap, so I'm going with 'natural causes' for this one."

"You can't live without air can't think of anything more natural than that."

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

davidspackage posted:

through the tail

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

davidspackage posted:

I think the Mechanical Tail (tm) is like welded to his spine or something.

edit, per wikipedia: "Jameson decided to turn Gargan into a deadly adversary for Spider-Man through a barely-tested procedure, which left Gargan with an unremovable scorpion-themed armor and the predatory instincts of the arachnid."

Same way a scorpion does

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Too bad he drank "can't take off scorpion-themed costumes" juice in this version

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"This serum will give you the powers of a scorpion."
"Fine. Whatever. That's a perfectly normal thing to say."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, look at him. he obviously spent his entire childhood being the kid who'd eat weird poo poo if you paid him a dime.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, legit props to this story for giving the "Jameson offers a bounty on spiderman" story an actual hook for how it would complicate things.
Negative forty props for making the Scorpion origin look like Scorpion got a bunch of powers and doesn't notice he can just unzip teh suit

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"It looked like he was right, until I punched him in the face."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh, so the Spider-Sense is now and always has been just MJ patiently explaining things to him!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God you loving morons :lol:

"We spent multiple days executing a plan designed to kill Spider-Man slowly but surely, and now at our moment of triumph, let's all walk away and look in a different direction!"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

They waited like sixteen hours for Spidey to fall asleep and now they cant be bothered to wait another five minutes to bask in their triumph.

It's a sign of excellent writing when you need your villains to gently caress off at the finish line so that your hero has any chance of victory.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 22, 2023

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ah, the Adam West Batman school of villains.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ikasuhito posted:

They waited like sixteen hours for Spidey to fall asleep and now they cant be bothered to wait another five minutes to bask in their triumph.

It's a sign of excellent writing when you need your villains to gently caress off at the finish line so that your hero has any chance of victory.

They spent 16 hours exposed to spidey's intelligence-draining aura. It's amazing they can still talk.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

It’s obviously to create a perfect alibi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

It’s obviously to create a perfect alibi.

Leader: Okay guys, remember the plan, all of you go and find a cop and tell them you definitely aren't involved in a scheme to kill Spider-Man. When they find his body, the time of death will show we were with them so couldn't possibly be the killers. This plan cannot fail!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God you loving morons :lol:

"We spent multiple days executing a plan designed to kill Spider-Man slowly but surely, and now at our moment of triumph, let's all walk away and look in a different direction!"

This truly is "The Universe Where Everyone Is A Complete Moron."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A disguise from the Ninja Turtles school.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Apparently in being reminded of Scorpion he's forgotten unlike Scorpion he can just take his costume off.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's interesting because the Sunday strip has MJ saying "You shouldn't leave through the window" and Peter asking "Why not?"

Then the Monday strip has Peter say "I shouldn't leave through the window" and MJ asking "Why not?"

The obvious answer is MJ knows she just told Peter that two seconds ago, but since he forgot he told her and now thinks he came up with that idea by himself, she's playing along so he can feel like he accomplished something. It's very nice of her.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Time for a stylish escape.

Murdstone posted:

A disguise from the Ninja Turtles school.
....why not simply go out as Peter and then undress somewhere like you do most of the time?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darth TNT posted:

....why not simply go out as Peter and then undress somewhere like you do most of the time?
Oh no! Does Darth TNT suspect Peter Parker is Spider-Man?!?!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Oh no! Does Darth TNT suspect Peter Parker is Spider-Man?!?!

Oh no! That Desiccated Ghoul ate Peter's hat!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Peter's raking in the cash if he can just willy-nilly throw out a perfectly good coat and hat.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Peter's raking in the cash if he can just willy-nilly throw out a perfectly good coat and hat.

He'll turn himself in to JJJ and claim the $250k and buy a ton of new coats and hats

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I imagine Uriah sitting with his drink, wanting to pick up the bill for the team only to discover he left his wallet in his jacket.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Key to what? Your held in by plexiglass glued over metal bars that dropped into place.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Not even Spider-Man is buying this. "He left the key in his jacket, and he left that here too. AND WHY WOULDN'T HE SEEMS PERFECTLY NATURAL AND BELIEVABLE TO ME."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NSM's webbing is so much worse than any other Spideys'.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'm surprised it can hold Spidey's weigh. While I get people with magic or the like, but I am pretty sure we've had multiple people whos only power is "slightly above average strength" break it like silly string.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I think Scorpion is cutting it with his badly drawn claws rather than breaking it with brute force. It's still pretty easy to cut though it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

*hic* "Llllet's go check on our pplan." :tinsley: