Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Johnny Walker posted:

Daily Bugle posted:

Mary Jane Parker Should Not Be Mad At Spider-Man
By Peter Parker

Yesterday, a helicopter crashed into the famous Mammon Theater where the famous beautiful talented actress Mary Jane Parker's hit Broadway play Picture Perfect is showing. Sources say Spider-Man was on the scene, but there is no reason to blame Spider-Man for the crash.

Spider-Man and Iron Fist were investigating the mystery of an attempted murder of an FBI (good) guy, which was apparently solved at some point, but then a series of events happened and a helicopter crashed into the theater where Picture Perfect is playing, destroying it, witness accounts described.

Spider-Man is really sorry about this, sources say, but he could think of no other thing to do. Iron Fist and him were on the bottom of the helicopter and punched it really hard, which they had to do, law enforcement officials said. How were they to know the Kingpin and Golden Claw had jetpacks and would just jump out and let the helicopter crash right there instead of crashing it peacefully into another building nearby? According to helicopter people we consulted, it was impossible for us to be aware of this.

Iron Fist and Spider-Man did not decide to do have this happen at the Mammon Theater. Witnesses say that it was the Kingpin and Golden Claw who chose that place to try to kill all the bad guys in the city to take over their criminal gang stuff--which Spider-Man and Iron Fist stopped from happening, by the way. A mass murder being done there would not have been such good publicity for the theater either, now would it, honey?

Sure, now the theater is destroyed, but Spider-Man indicates that he is a big fan of the famous beautiful talented actress Mary Jane Parker and she will surely get another job soon. It would be unfair for her, or anyone else, to be mad at him for this event, expert scientists we consulted said. In fact, PR consultants have stated this publicity could be good for MJ, and even the play and theater!

A nice thing to be done would be if the billionaire Danny Rand from the Wall Street Journal would rebuild the theater. There is no reason for him to do that because he is not Iron Fist at all but it would be nice and maybe he should consider it so my wife will not be mad, sources say.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They sent a poet. A beautiful, idiotic poet :swoon:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Alhazred posted:

Next: Squirrel Girl gives Spider-Man a box full of spiders because she believes that every animal-themed hero can speak with animals.
Everyone can speak with animals, the trick is listening to them. On a related note

Saoshyant posted:

Next: X-23
Gabby

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

joehonkie posted:

White Nick Fury. Patterned after Hasselhoff.

Say what you will but Hasselhoff as Fury is literally the closest anyone has ever come to looking like their Marvel role in a movie.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

Say what you will but Hasselhoff as Fury is literally the closest anyone has ever come to looking like their Marvel role in a movie.

Sam Jackson.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That doesn't count, they based the comics version specifically on Samuel Jackson.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

RatHat posted:

That doesn't count, they based the comics version specifically on Samuel Jackson.

:thejoke:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Peter write article?

Not only magnificent, but you're probably on the money with Dannyrand financing the theater being rebuilt (even though that'd take like a year)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidspackage posted:

(even though that'd take like a year)

He doesn't follow your Western concept of labor laws :smug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We just confirmed that in-universe the lst 48 were 5 months long.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I think this was asked before, but does anyone think the theater is insured against helicopter crashes caused by superheroes? It is New York, so you'd think there'd be a general villain insurance, but how many inept superheroes would cross over into menace territory?

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

evilmiera posted:

I think this was asked before, but does anyone think the theater is insured against helicopter crashes caused by superheroes? It is New York, so you'd think there'd be a general villain insurance, but how many inept superheroes would cross over into menace territory?

You'd think villain insurance would have to cover any damage occurred by an act of villainy and the subsequent superheroing to be of any use.

So obviously the insurance doesn't cover it and the theater is screwed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Holy crap he actually thought it not said it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't wait for MJ to find out next year :allears: Peter's gonna be sleeping in the couch until 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Long faces on broadway?

Next: The Leader

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ok change up, noted Broadway fan Golden Claw will donate one of his crime dens from prison so his favourite actress can still have a place to perform.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Speaking of marital troubles, I cannot loving wait to see Peter explain to MJ about how she left him alone for a day and he burned down her workplace.

it's not like it would be the first time

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Scaramouche posted:

Tomorrow:"wait you're married to MJ Parker!? Oh man I'd hate to be in your shoes."

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Peter optimistically using the present tense to talk about the job his wife has at the smouldering wreckage of the theatre.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

There's so much to like about Spider-Man's pensive expression and IF's manly comforting hand on his shoulder and then your eyes slide right to Colleen's glaikit face...

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Colleen? Stay with us Colleen, we're almost done.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
She'll be okay. She's a film star now.

Sure, it was direct to video, but-

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yessss I missed that face :allears:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Scaramouche posted:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

"You're married to Mary Jane Parker!? Aha! I knew she was a bigamist!"

NEXT: PRISON FOR MJ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do Westerns laws of marriage hold in the Court of the Iron Fist?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's the stuff

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good job NSM’s internal monologue was there to remind him that MJ is his wife

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Good job NSM’s internal monologue was there to remind him that MJ is his wife

NSM thinks in Borat voice.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

NSM thinks? I thought those bubbles were just him mumbling small pockets of air into his mask.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*Borat voice*

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

*Newspaper Borat Voice* Myy Jane~

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
NEXT: BORAT would seem timely enough for this comic.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat as Kraven

head58
Apr 1, 2013

joehonkie posted:

NEXT: BORAT would seem timely enough for this comic.

NEXT: SaBORATooth!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Look at Colleen’s face in panel 1. She’s dead inside :ohdear: