Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Endless Mike posted:

Also I realized it's been over a year since they were in New York.
They're going to spend so long traveling the country the writers themselves will forget where they're supposed to live.

And it's not from a recent arc, but I think this strip perfectly encapsulates the spirit of NSM:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

boing boing where am I going
If only there was some sort of mobile device that typically comes with a map function, that most people carry with them wherever they go.

If only.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:golfclap:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Next strip: The guy takes Spiderman to the ER, where he has to wait for Connors to be triaged like anyone else.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
If he's AB negative, he can get blood from loving anyone as long as they're not Rh positive! :argh:

I mean, ignoring that whatever effect The Lizard blood has on transfusions.

It's me, I'm the one mad about scientific accuracy in the strip where a werewolf was killed by projecting the sun in a planetarium.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

ConfusedUs posted:

Please oh please use both as donors so we can get the Lizard the Spider-Hulk
With the combined brains of a Hulk, Spiderman, and The Lizard!

AKA "exactly one neuron that somehow handles all his motor functions as he flails about wildly."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito posted:

Has the artist never given blood before? I give more than that for a blood screening.
This whole arc is "the artist has no idea how blood transfusions/donations work: the comic".

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
She took an entire one tube! That's like 5 milliliters of blood! He's practically been sucked dry!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I can't wait for Peter to then need a transfusion, and the only suitable blood type is The Lizard.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
That's actually the one thing they got right in this mess. Blood drawing chairs tend to look like this:

It's just harder to tell that's what's going on because NSM art.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Imagine a giant :allears: made of thousands of tiny :allears:s. That still wouldn't be enough for my reaction to this arc.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I can't wait for Lizard Hulk and Spider-Lizard to duke it out while Spidey's passed out from giving too much blood.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Cabbit posted:

"Well, we have no medical records or even identification for you but, sure, what the hell, let's shove a ton of your blood into the Atomic Bomb that Walks Like a Man, Bruce Banner."
"Hell, we don't even know if you're right about your blood type, but we're just going to shove it right in there anyway."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
In a tragic twist, it turns out that Banner has millions of microscopic bricks circulating in his blood, quickly destroying the Spiderblood and rendering the transfusion useless.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem posted:

Bah, it didn't even go GRONNNK? :mad:
Peter didn't go GRONNNK either. Shameful.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
MJ's the first to realize there's a Spider-Hulk on the way. :getin:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

goatface posted:

Why the gently caress don't they have blood available? It's a loving big hospital! Slap a bag of saline in him to bulk his volume while you run upstairs to fetch some.
If you're going to ask that, then there are 5 million other problems here, starting with "why didn't they confirm anyone's blood typing before injecting blood from one person to another", "why are they using whole blood instead of packed red cells", "why are they using syringes," and "why were they that unsure about tranfusing O- blood into someone with type AB-".

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 16, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

Heart monitors are really not supposed to do that.
In a tragic turn of events, Connors is not only growing back an arm where there's supposed to be an arm, but also growing arms in random organs.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quite stretched out posted:

i just realised that it's gonna be at least until the weekend until something starts to happen and that's driving me up the wall
Welcome to NSM, enjoy your stay. :v:

I love that every Hulk independently decides their name is Hulk. I'm sure there's some convoluted lore reason for that, but I don't care. :allears:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Also it gave us the plot-critical GROONNNKKK.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
SPIDER HULK ANGRY AT THE LIZARD.

WHERE DID BRICK FROM? NOW SPIDER HULK ANGRY AT CONCUSSION :saddowns:

(Gonna be real mad if all this blood swapping weirdness doesn't lead to spiderhulk after we got a regular The Lizard)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
NEXT: We're not even excited enough for an exclamation mark.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
It turns out that hulk+spiderman blood turns him into a super saiyan. He'll be powering up for the next 10 strips.

So, business as usual for NSM.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem posted:

I still love that the original reason for Banner deciding he had no choice but to turn into the Hulk was because Spidey was down for the count. But Spider-Man was already up and chatting to the Doctor before Bruce even tried and failed to become the Hulk, and now he's apparently so fine that he's catching him in mid-air to save him.
Look, he's got Peter Parker blood in him now, it's only natural for him to get a little dumber.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The Lizard fact of the day: The Lizards can turn around at sharp degrees that would normally break the spines or hips of beings that are not a The Lizard.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I guess it was too much to ask that we get a novel character design for The Incredible Lizard-Hulk
His pants are purple, and his scales are greener than the last time he showed up in NSM. What else could you want???

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Also good from that storyline: The Rhino being perfectly content to sit in prison even though he could easily escape at any time...until he saw that an actor was going to play him in a movie. :monocle:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I want that last panel framed on my wall. :allears:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Meanwhile, Bruce is sitting in the hospital room, realizing his brain is Flowers for Algernon-ing and unable to do anything about it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Manatee Cannon posted:

well all new avengers had the american kaiju fight aim's personal megazord. does that count?

Everything about that is amazing.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Petey FiveConcussions climbed back up onto the roof of the hospital with a thwip of his web shooters. He checked his spider-sense. "drat." he hissed through his mask which was wet in the drool of the day's battle. Already the Lizard-Hulk was rampaging on the hospital roof like a Hulk-Lizard. The sky was the color of the sky. "drat." Petey thought. "The Lizard-Hulk is rampaging on the hospital roof like a Hulk-Lizard." Petey FiveConcussions climbed back up onto the roof of the hospital with a thwip of his web shooters. He checked his spider-sense ."drat." he hissed through his mask. Already the Lizard-Hulk was rampaging on the hospital roof like a Hulk-Lizard. Sky is Sky now. Thwip Thwip. SPIDER-MAN!!!
:five:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

How can they even tell what's going on?
Spidey thinks he's just thinking, but he doesn't realize he's been monologuing the entire time.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

I think some B-movie swamp monster blood accidentally got into The Lizard.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
If you think about it, the roof is just a very large brick on top of a stack of other bricks.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
And considering superhero logic, who knows what batshit effects gamma blood+radioactive spider blood would have, waiting to happen at the least convenient time.

Maybe getting hit by bricks turns him into the Hulk now. Maybe now he'll have spidersense, but it only warns him when purple pants are nearby. Or maybe his entire body will slowly be covered with beard stubble. The possibilities are endless!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

jjj gets spider-lizard-hulked.
They transfuse The Lizard with JJJ's blood, which stops him from being a The Lizard at the cost of him hating that menace Spiderman! :argh:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Daeren posted:

I call it the Herpetologist's Apprentice.
:popeye:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Good lord, I didn't even notice RONNNK in the corner until just now.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think Morlun discarded the brain damage theory too quickly.
Also the dimensional lack of short-term memory theory.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The crocodiles are an elegant race, needing only two words in their language: GRONKKK and SNAPT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Poor JJJ.