Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Stahlgeist posted:

What's great about the first panel is that Spider-Man could just peek out of the viewing window in the door, but insists on throwing it wide open so The Lizard sees him.

Hey, Pete knows his role. He's probably just trying to draw aggro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Pete should let Iron Fist take over crime-fighting in the city so he can pursue his dream.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, it's not as if a billionaire like Danny Rand would even know who Peter Parker is. I'm picturing something along the lines of Lex in the Barry Allens body, complete with "I have no idea who this is."

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Not NSM, but this feels like an appropriate place to crosspost this.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, it's a weird looking face. That expression just seems to capture the essence of someone who has taken multiple bricks to the head.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

The perfect encapsulation of NSM:

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Lobok posted:

How will he even get on the plane without Obama in the White House?

This is the Newspaperverse. Obama is still in his first term.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I know that this is the Newspaperverse, so I shouldn't otherthink this. I am kind of confused as to how the drivers of that armored car could know who Luke Cage is, yet still be surprised he could stop their truck.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Ponsonby Britt posted:

So is Peter brain-damaged because he got stuck in a safe without air, or did he get stuck in a safe without air because he was brain-damaged?

I'm going with the latter. I mean, can't forget he has that resovoir of air under his mask. Unless he didn't have it becuse he forgot he had it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Don't think about it too hard.

Peter certainly isn't!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

Look, man. He's Spider-Man. Does whatever a spider can. Do you think a spider could craw up the side of a building with a full-grown man on his back and one arm entirely dedicated to holding a canister full of nerve gas?

I think not. Spider-Man is the real hero here. That was a major handicap.

This is Peter we're talking about. Killgrave nevertold him to get up there quickly, so he didn't think to hurry.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Bumblebee! Noooooo

Spider-man swinging in taint first.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Maybe it's just me, but it seems kind of like they're re-using faces. Something about the daughters face reminds me of Collen Wing.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

Today's teaser is just for you!

Ryan Reynolds,who is secretly Deadpool.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Ed McMahon sighs, rises wearily to his feet, puts a hand to the side of his mouth and bellows,"GAY FOR WHO?"

GAY FOR SPIDERMAN!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Lobok posted:

A harasser of garbage collectors.

Which is why Pete got along so well with his space son.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

And so Peter was then paralyzed from the waist down and Spider-Man was no more.

Except when he conveniently forgets he's paralyzed.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

They'll resolve it next strip with an LMD* of Peter Parker walking up to Spidey or a web dummy of Parker waving hello to them from a barely visible building ledge or something super contrived to prove Moe's, errr, Quentin's blurted out accusation doesn't go on past the next six panels or so.

* = Life Model Decoy

It'll be a Mission Impossible 2 kind of situation. They'll pull off the Spider-man mask to reveal Peter-mans face, but then he'll pull that off to reveal another face, and this will continue for another few strips. Only to end with a Triple J mask.

Cut to Jamesons office: "I knew it, I'm Spider-man. How dare that Parker kid take my picture without permission. I'll sue him for invasion of privacy! Wait a minute, I don't pay Parker! This'll never work."

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

maltesh posted:

Hey, Pete, Aren't you forgetting something?

The money disappeared when he forgot about it.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Humans are scum, just look at these homeless, who are like rats - Spider-man, apparently.

Just look at Peter Parker, who is definitely not me. Do you want to live like Peter Parker?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Ben Affleck was in the suit, looking bloated and tirex

Man, I hate it when I'm tirex!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

God drat, what is it with people insisting Spider-Man is in fact a villain? Curse that Spider-Man, how dare he foil those bankrobbers and keep those mobsters from shooting all those people. :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0iO0wb-7q0

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Samuringa posted:

He never said it was going to be free! The arc is going to end with Spider-man arriving home and finding a medical bill.

Oh nooooo!!!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I'm sorry, I had to.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

This face

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Mikl posted:

Why exactly is :doom: messing with Spider-Man again?

Because on of Dooms great joys in life is trolling Spider-Man.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Wasn't that a whole thing in Superior Spider-Man where Doc Oc realized Peter is ridiculously strong and has to constantly restrain himself to not murder everyone he punches?

Yeah, Doc Oc (as Spider-man) tries to fight Scorpion and accidentally punches his jaw off.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Look, Spider-Man is a menace (mostly to Aunt May's lovelife).

Maybe Jameson had a thing for Aunt May, but Peter-Man broke them up. Hence the vendetta.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

And that's his true power. If Spider-Man doesn't know what Spider-Man does, then neither do his enemies.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

davidspackage posted:

"That's my secret, Cap. I... don't know it."

If only Peter had forgotten how the infinity gauntlet worked.....

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Everybody knows it's the Phantom.

I fuckin' hope so. Phantom gonna punch the hell outa Peter-Man.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Peter gains a Hulk-level amount of temporary strength when he becomes enraged to learn that Aunt May might find romantic happiness, and just beats seven shades of poo poo out of Namor.

Petey-boy basically becomes Doom Guy anytime Aunt May is about to bone. We'll see how much Namor likes the rip and tear!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Maybe Spidey is smarter than we give him credit for. I mean, maybe he knew that by knocking himself unconscious, somebody else would solve the problem.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Haifisch posted:

It's time for 70s NSM once again:

Completely foreseeable consequences! Oh nooooooo!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Dr. Strange just has to tell Spider-Man that Xandu wants to get it on with Aunt May. He'll be out of there in no time.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Spidey just remembered the kid on the plane.

"Hey Xandu, how come you're not the sorceror supreme?"

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I can't let that guard find me in here, otherwise he might suspect that Spider-Man is secretly Raymond Dexter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Why the gently caress does Jonah even care if there's a new owner? I mean, if that letter doesn't say "you're fired," why would he care?