Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

When did they stop crediting Lieber? I mean we all know Lee and Lieber don't actually work on the strip but strange that he's no longer getting credit on the daily strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Weekday colorist and weekend colorist duke it out over the nurse's hair color.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

welp they're both dead

Where did that desk come from? Who pulled Bruce's body over to be leaning against the desk?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Is there a reason Jameson can't walk? He seems fine. He'd probably be in more danger if Spidey carries him.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Peter, the New Yorker who is so poor he can't afford his own plane ticket without his wife's money, takes New York's most expensive form of transportation even though at least two subway lines have stops a couple blocks from 38th.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The cabbie was definitely smoking a cigar on Saturday but now it has vanished. Did he eat it?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sunday artist finally has him kind of with a scruffy beard.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I thought Saturday's strip was an edit because of all that poo poo over Claw's face but holy poo poo no it isn't.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

5th panel: Is he trying to....activate his fists?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

so what's the deal with newspaper spiderman, is stan lee really writing it?

As someone in this thread wrote at one point, I'm sure Stan Lee gives a knowing thumbs up to the ghost writer's intern who actually does the strip.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Spider-Man and Hulk both launched newspaper strips around the same time. I think Larry Leiber was involved in the Hulk one too but Hulk ended in the...80s I think?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Was it known that Roy Thomas was/is the ghostwriter for NSM? I just assumed it was a random someone at the syndicate being forced to work on it until they die.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

What is that bus driver wearing?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Wait, how does Spider-Man even know about Cage?

Why is Cage "new"? Did he just move here yesterday?

Maybe Peter has Purple Man's AMNESIA?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I'm actually surprised this strip knows what Uber is.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Gather around, young ones, for I will relay to you the story behind the Kingpin's greatest scheme where he made Spider-Man doubt everything and everyone -- how could he Spider-Man commit all those crimes? And in the spirit of the strip's usual lunacy, you won't believe how he figured out that in fact he Spider-Man was not a schizophrenic thief during the night.

(this is taken from a collection of 1979 strips, I will post one page per day)

This is really interesting and kind of reflective of when Kingpin was written by Lee. I always got the feeling that Kingpin, as originally envisioned, likely had some type of super strength. Maybe some Super Soldier-like drug that made him "peak" human? Or some type of tech (after all, he did have that weird laser cane)? He's certainly been de-powered over the years. And i think the last time Spidey actually fought him near the tail end of JMS' run, Spidey easily beat him.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sunday strip:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Does Harry only have one facial expression?