Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Went in blind with a friend and had a blast. We arrived at the boss location when two dudes were already fighting the boss. We snuck up on them and killed them both. Hearing one exclaim "OH WHAT THE gently caress" was worth the 30$ for me. Being able to hear players talk in proximity is awesome.

Now I don't wanna ever launch the game again because my hunter survived and leveled up and I am afraid to lose him. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
By the way how many players are in a match?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Can I recruit a second hunter while keeping my first still alive one? Wanna do some solo runs but don't wanna risk my main hunter.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Ok this game is loving amazing. I just had such a fun session solo stealth hunting hunters. Those who make a commotion shooting zombies and stuff are easy meat for you. Ended up killing the dudes who killed the boss (the proxy voice chat is gold) and died to another hunter while running to extraction. I haven't had this much fun in a game in a while.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Defenestrategy posted:

Hows the gun play feel in this game? Is this one of those games where npcs are dangerous because they soak a crap ton of bullets or are the zombos dangerous because of literally any other reason such as one hit kill, good AI, limited resources, etc? I prefer the later than the former.

Guns feel really meaty and great. Enemies go down fast on headshots. They are dumb zombie AI but they will gently caress your poo poo up if you are not careful cause even the basic zombie hits for a ton of damage. Most of the time you will be trying to avoid poo poo and try to make as less sound as possible while you try to find clues and stalk other players.

Also gently caress night time maps, 2spoopy4me :gonk:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Defenestrategy posted:

Thanks I've soured on games involving zombies lately because it feels like game devs wanna take the easy way out trying to evoke fear of confrontation by making zombies able absorb a ridiculous amount of punishment which isn't scary it's just annoying.

Yea Zombies in this game are things you usually avoid instead of engage (similar to dayz I guess). They don't pose a threat to you if you are sneaking around but can really gently caress you up if you are not careful. I was stealthing and going towards a gunfire I heard earlier but ended up coming around a bush to face four zombie dogs and had to shoot them in panic which alerted a bunch of hunters to my position and got murdered.

I would love to see more aggressive enemy AI though (which I believe is on the roadmap). I would also love to have throwable items that aggro zombies so you can sneak up on hunters and throw lures in their area which draw all the zombies to them. One of my most memorable gaming moments was doing that in Dayz to a squad looting the city from a roof, threw a flare at them and watched them get murdered by zombies. It was evil and fun. :v:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

deported to Canada posted:

Good news.

They are in the game. Flares (Fusees) and decoys, which is a bag of litter that you throw to attract zombies

What is the range they attract from?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
It is rare a games visuals impress me to this level but playing this game on a nighttime map is the most impressive thing I have seen in a long time.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
The stats not saving "your hunter is reverted to pre game state" bug is hitting the servers pretty hard right now so I would not try hard till they fix it.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Oh man the suppressed pistol is so good. Destroyed a team at the boss by shooting them from upstairs through a plank gap on the floor. They had no idea what was hitting them.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Had a nighttime fight with two other teams at the same time. Used flares for the first time and that poo poo was breathtaking. We somehow won after a twenty minute fight. This game is too intense at nighttime. :v:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm also trying to update the OP with a listing of weapons + items. If anyone has funny / accurate brief descriptions and reviews of them - I'd be happy to include.

I admittedly don't have a lot of runtime with some of them (carbine, for example) as I have certain ones I prefer nearly 100% of the time. (SPARKS!)

Is Sparks good? Is it a OHK on bodyshots on tier 1 hunters?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Tried Sparks for the first time and that poo poo is the bomb. Sniped four guys from the church bell tower.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
When you unlock Tier 2 hunter recruits do they all come with more than 100 health?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Went to the crematorium during banishment phase and two pubbies were talking about their plan on open mic on where they will exit and where they will run. The last words they said before I blew them away with my double barrel was "hey we should keep quiet , I think others can hear us if they are close"

I love this game. :allears:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Me and a friend were trying to get our tier 1 hunters killed all night to have them replaced with tier 2's. Just running around with zero caution and shooting anything that moves. Ended up with 8 extractions in a row and like 30+ hunter kills between us.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
For long range I try shooting them with the suppressed pistol since it has shitload of ammo and they can't tell you are shooting them. I got a bunch of lucky headshots with it that way.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
My new fav thing to do is to shoot crows far away with suppressed pistol and flank the dudes investigating it. :getin:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Forget the Sparks, Saber is where it's at! I just got 6 kills this game rushing people like a madman with the sword. New joke loadout is Sparks and Saber with four stamina shot syringes and a first aid. :v:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AirRaid posted:

Man, we had a really cautious game and wiped everyone, then the 5 minute end game timer popped right as we were killing the butcher. drat game ended 30 seconds before we could get to an extraction and we "died". That's some bullshit.

I thought the 5 min timer started when someone extracted the bounties. Do games have time limits? We were in a game for 1.5 hours yesterday and never saw the timer so how long were you guys playing that round?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Orv posted:

The timer should be 25 minutes so I have no idea how you were in a round that long. Maybe they increased it.

I know for sure most of my games are longer than that.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Armored zombies go down in 3 hits if you have the saber. There is no reason to not have the saber.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AirRaid posted:

The silenced pistol is a reason not to have the saber. I think 80% of my player kills have come from the silenced pistol.

You can have the silenced pistol on your primary slot. :v:

I used to be in love with the silenced pistol but the saber is a way better weapon for the ranges you engage with the silenced pistol in my experience. I have gotten multiple 8 kill games using nothing but the saber last week.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The machete is listed as higher damage, but the "poke" animation of the sabre seems incredibly fast to me and thus I too love the sabre.

Yea damage difference don't matter since it's a one hit kill on all enemies and hunters except the armored dudes who take 3 hits to go down but you poke with it so fast that basically means like 2 seconds tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
is there any word when the scopes update is coming out. I love the game but waiting for that so I don't get burned out on it during early access.