Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
That's a separate thing. The box can refill items you brought, and additionally can give you a free consumable if you have an open slot for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I was confused why the Springfield retained its name as well but it turns out the modern Springfield company has nothing to do with the one in Hunt-- they stole the name to try and piggyback off the legacy of the old Springfield guns. With that in mind every gun to retain its real name in Hunt is from a defunct state-owned manufacturer.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Skyarb posted:

I'm sure it just has something to do with not wanting to pay rights. Like why does it even matter if the name is slightly different?

It doesn't matter :shrug: Everybody knows it has to do with not paying for the rights to gun names, the Springfield was just out of place for that exact reason.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

veni veni veni posted:

It’s so loving whack that using a gun that comes equipped on a hunter doesn’t count towards gun unlock progression.

It does (unless that's a bug on the ps4 version), but you need the first gun in a tree unlocked before you start a match for it to count.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I love how unobtrusive the event is. Just playing normally but keeping an eye out for punkins got me near the first day cap in a couple matches.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

and does it ever just start a game with far less than 12 players?

If the matchmaking bar fills up all the way it means you're getting put in a server with less than 12 though there's no way to tell how many. The matchmaking timer used to be like 3 minutes or something and they changed it to be 30 seconds or so which is annoying as poo poo cause I'd much rather wait longer than get put in a match with like 4 other people :argh:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Movin' through the country, gonna shoot a lot of leeches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
that was 1.4.4 = DEATH OF HUNT iirc