Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

deported to Canada posted:

Some of the negative Steam reviews are hilarious. It's full of people saying "I lost my character with no warning" despite the Devs posting when server resets happen with ample time to extract.

Earlier, the servers went down with only a tweet to warn of it, 15 mins before. You could easily be in a match for 15 mins and not even be looking at twitter, and then boom, gone.

It is early access tho, so, :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I would have done this. :hellyeah: Good to know those barrels have a huge range.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Just managed to extract with a bounty for the first time. Me and my friend spent ages being super careful around the boss area and got in position on opposite sides. Then I found the generator and lit the place up like a Christmas tree, causing the other team there to panic, because they were suddenly in a really brightly lit position (this was at night). We managed to down one guy and wound the other before he took out my friend and legged it... INTO the spider nest. I revived my friend and we tried to hunt him but he was camped pretty well inside he door and my friend went down again trying to get him. We then went up top and started sniping the spider though the roof hatch, and chucking lanterns inside hoping to maybe burn the guy out. Spider died but the guy was still around and then my friend fell off an edge and got banned by a pair of zombies, leaving me and possibly one enemy dude on the map. After a minute or two of waiting I nabbed a token and legged it. Turns out the other guy had been camping my friends corpse, but he was unrevivable so I hadn’t even bothered going near. I made a beeline clear across he map for the extraction point, and ran headlong into a swarm zombie. Nearly died, managed to get in a shotgun blast to her face, then vitality shot and ran like hell, gunning poo poo down before it could get close. Got out well before the other dude got close. He had he other token, but eh.

Game makes you feel awesome for doing well, but it’s really punishing when you make a mistake.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

On another sniping note, what’s the ranged damage drop off like? Feels like I’ve peppered guys at range before and they’ve gotten away to heal.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I just had a bitchin game where we wiped every other player and extracted both butcher bounties and then I got the “due to a server error your hunter was restored to pre-mission status” bullshit :argh:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Goddamn the silenced Nagant is so good. I managed to take down a pair of hunters while they were looking for my buddy and they never knew where I was shooting from.

Game is good, and I think I’m getting better at it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Man, we had a really cautious game and wiped everyone, then the 5 minute end game timer popped right as we were killing the butcher. drat game ended 30 seconds before we could get to an extraction and we "died". That's some bullshit.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

keyframe posted:

I thought the 5 min timer started when someone extracted the bounties. Do games have time limits? We were in a game for 1.5 hours yesterday and never saw the timer so how long were you guys playing that round?

I don’t know, I think a hidden timer might trigger when it’s just your team left? It’s happened to me a couple of times now.

e: also if people didn’t know, if you burn the corpse of a downed player, it will burn away their potential empty health bars until they can no longer be revived. And the corpse burns for ages so it makes it real hard for them to be revived.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 4, 2018

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

DarkDobe posted:

The one big benefit to a successful bounty extraction is the Upgrade points that you get:
You only get these for escaping with a bounty token, and you can use them to buy more HP for your man - up to 150 total, including bars you have permanently lost prior - as well as unlocking more traits for them.

You get one upgrade token per level up of your hunter. You can farm them by just sneaking around killing zombies and never going near the bounty, so long as you extract safely.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

keyframe posted:

Armored zombies go down in 3 hits if you have the saber. There is no reason to not have the saber.

The silenced pistol is a reason not to have the saber. I think 80% of my player kills have come from the silenced pistol.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Power Walrus posted:

Also, is anyone else getting a lot of server errors on the completion of a match? Three times now, I've gone for an early extraction or died, and was greeted with a message that due to a server error, I accumulated no points, and my hunter will be kept alive.

This has happened to me a couple of times. Try restarting the game if it happens. I have also had the game drop straight into the post match screen and show me my XP and rewards on restart.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

On that note the cavalry saber absolutely wrecks the spider.

But that means getting within 50 feet of it :gonk:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Varkas posted:

I feel like the matchmaking algorithm will just give up and will settle to match you with just 1 other team. One big giveaway for this is when you spend very little time in the "waiting for other players" phase.

Or your PC is slow at loading and everyone was waiting for you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Isn’t vitality shot one of the first things you unlock?