Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
New thing?
New title
New mouse over text
Nothing new!
Hurf de Durf its BYOB time Sit back and chill to my BYOB rhy
View Results

• Locked thread
alnilam

Informal poll, do ppl want a new forum title text and/or mouse over text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

(Poll attached)

cda

by Hand Knit
I go back and forth on this because on the one hand, change is good. on the other hand, both the title and the mouse over text are really great and they've presided over a period of peace and goodwill

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

vanisher

I think the mouse over text changing to funny byob quotes without warning or heads up would be fun

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

alnilam

cda posted:

I go back and forth on this because on the one hand, change is good. on the other hand, both the title and the mouse over text are really great and they've presided over a period of peace and goodwill

I agree that's why i put it to a poll

alnilam

If you feel that conflicted and also want to mess with me feel free to vote for every option

Koishi Komeiji

This is kind of tangently related to this but can we turn off the tilting pictures please? It's annoying and unchill imho.

cda

by Hand Knit
i like the tilting pictures. but i wish we could get posting themes like fyad

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
my fyad posting theme is relatable fall

----------------

alnilam

Koishi Komeiji posted:

This is kind of tangently related to this but can we turn off the tilting pictures please? It's annoying and unchill imho.

I personally go back and forth on this, and I've heard strong opinions on both sides so it's hard for me to gauge what most people want. I wish we could individually enable or disable it but that seems like a lot to ask of the already overworked forums admins, otoh globally disabling it shouldn't be too hard if that's what people want

FluffieDuckie

you can disable the byob style sheet using this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774303&userid=78670#post462876289

that should fix the rotating images

i'm also in agreement that i'm emotionally attached to our existing subtitle but i'll do whatever people want to do

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Manifisto

the island of chill and magic is extraordinarily appropriate, and in these interesting times I think I'd like to keep it

a new mouseover text would be a nice way to change things up, even if the existing one (ahem) is also extremely cool and good

ty nesamdoom!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I like the current subtitle, but a new mouseover text might be good, though.
Voluntary disclosure: I may be biased. See my post in the welcome, hello, and chat thread from 17 June 2016.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765007&pagenumber=161&perpage=40#post461169575

Robot Made of Meat

Koishi Komeiji posted:

BLASPHEMER!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

Barking Gecko posted:

I like the current subtitle, but a new mouseover text might be good, though.
Voluntary disclosure: I may be biased. See my post in the welcome, hello, and chat thread from 17 June 2016.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765007&pagenumber=161&perpage=40#post461169575

your legacy lives on

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
BYOB: an island of chill and magic in a sea of madness

tell us about your tacos, dogs, and crimes.

Twenty Four

vanisher posted:

I think the mouse over text changing to funny byob quotes without warning or heads up would be fun

Manifisto posted:

the island of chill and magic is extraordinarily appropriate, and in these interesting times I think I'd like to keep it

a new mouseover text would be a nice way to change things up, even if the existing one (ahem) is also extremely cool and good

Though honestly more often then not I forget there is a mouseover text on the forums list page so I might miss some good quotes if someone doesn't happen to mention it, maybe in the chat thread or good post goldmine thread or something.

City of Glompton

I'd be cool with a change of the mouseover text and maaaaybe even the title if it was a rilly good one

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Guillermus

cda posted:

:agreed:

A surprise quote is always nice.

Thanks Manifisto for the cheesy goondue!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Manifisto posted:

:agreed:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Can the rollover text be an image

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

vanisher posted:

I like this.

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
end the rotation

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Robot Made of Meat

blaise rascal posted:

end the rotation

Blasphemer!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

blaise rascal posted:

end the rotation

E: I wouldn't mind it at all if it wasn't for pictures and sigs ending up rotating to cover text in posts so you can't read them. I know you can reload the page and usually I do if I think I am really missing something but overall it is annoying and doesn't add anything for me.

Twenty Four fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 12, 2018

• Locked thread