Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: El Imposible vs Dr. Cerebro Ladder Match Inside a Steel Cage, IWRG 1/1

You've dreamed about it for years, what if they ran a ladder match inside a steel cage? Well IWRG did on their all steel cage show and it was dumb as gently caress. First off the ladder could not be used for 10 minutes and to win you had to escape the cage with the belt. It's a really stupid, bad match that is well worth your 20 minutes to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0IZ875xn-c

That sort of sounds like the Dixieland match TNA ran once. Except once you escaped the cage, you needed a ladder to claim the belt on the stage in order to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Johnny Gargano vs Andrade "Cien" Almas NXT Takeover Philly 1/27/18

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Kagetsu, Sumire Natsu, and Hana Kimura (Oedo Tai) vs. Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano, and Mari Apache: 2/10 Stardom Shinkiba Show

While not AMAZING wrestling wise, the storytelling in that match was incredibly great. Hana has a great future ahead of her, especially with her submission holds. I like them more than Shayna's submissions. They look (and probably feel) more brutal.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Io Shirai vs Momo Watanabe, STARDOM at Korakuen Hall, February 18th 2018.

Very stiff match, to the point of where Momo was bloodied up pretty bad at the end. Very good though. Momo has improved rapidly from where she was a little while ago. She has a very bright future ahead of her, considering she's only 17.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/968245312853815296

There's only one of the spots from the match.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 27, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Finn Balor and Sasha Banks vs The Miz and Asuka, WWE Mixed Match Challenge 2/27/18

While not a great match in terms of in ring wrestling, Miz being absolutely loving terrified of Asuka was worthy of an HM on its own.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
As much as it pains me to do this...

WMOTYC: Hana Kimura vs Sumie Sakai, ROH 16th Anniversary (Pre)show, 3/9/18.

Incredibly stilted match. Sumie is really not good, and it dragged Hana down as well. The audience didn't give a single poo poo about this match either. Like words cannot describe how awful this match was. It wasn't minus star territory, but it felt really bad to watch.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Carmella and Natalya vs Becky Lynch and Naomi, Fastlane 3/11/18

Good loving god Carmella is so bad. That match in general sucked.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hardy, Ultimate Deletion RAW 3/19/18

This was the best match all year from any company I do not want to hear otherwise.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Testekill posted:

WMOTYC: Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss, Wrestlemania

Christ, this should have been a short squash. Instead it's far too long with too much selling from Jax and too much offense from Bliss which both of them loving suck at.

Yeah same. That match was also very rough from an actual wrestling standpoint.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: The Bar vs Braun Strowman and Nicolas (a literal child), WM 34 4/8/18

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IcePhoenix posted:

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns, WM 34

Yup. The highlight of the match were the beach balls and the THIS IS AWFUL CHANT.

Now that I think about it, the only really good match tonight was Asuka vs Charlotte Flair.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm trying to pinpoint the exact time the crowd died, and it was probably after the Asuka/Charlotte match or the Ronda match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, Greatest Royal Rumble 4/27/18

Also

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, Greatest Royal Rumble 4/27/18

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax, WWE Backlash 5/6/18.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Carmella vs Charlotte, WWE Backlash 5/6/18

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nthing Io vs Momo. This spot was really dangerous but also badass.

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1002033671178727424?s=19

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Io Shirai vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Meiko Satomura - Kenta Kobashi Produce: Fortune Dream 5 (6/11)

https://puroresudream.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/2018-06-14-kenta-kobashi-produce-fortune-dream-5/

Holy poo poo, this match was loving insane. Possibly even better than Io/Meiko from April.

Going to 2nd this. Real good match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Fuckface, Takeover Chicago: June 16th

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Asuka vs Carmella, MITB 6/17/18

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

wmotyc: Carmella vs Asuka with James Ellsworth in a shark cage from extreme rules - 7/15

worst feud of the year Carmella vs Asuka

Yeah, no one looks good in this feud at all. And it probably isn't over either. :suicide:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Meiko Satomura vs Killer Kelly, Mae Young Classic: 9/5/18

Meiko is so loving good holy poo poo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Ronda Rousey vs Alexa Bliss, Hell in a Cell 9/16/18.

That match loving sucked. I want my time back.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WMOTY: braun/roman HIAC

:same:

A no contest in a hell in a cell match. What the gently caress.

Also Braun failed his cash in.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I cannot wait for Bryan to review that match he is going to be so loving angry and it will be great.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Professor Funk posted:

WMOTYC - Roman Reigns v. Baron Corbin, Raw 9/17/18

what the gently caress

Nthed. I love WCW Raw.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Ricochet vs Pete Dunne, NXT 9/19/18.

The gently caress finish was painfully obvious but still one of the best matches on WWE TV in a very long time. If not the entire year.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Meiko Satomura vs Mercedes Martinez, Mae Young Classic 10/3/18

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Undertaker vs. Triple H - WWE Super Show-Down - 10/06

A sad and ignominious reminder that both guys have finally reached a point where they can't really go in the ring anymore, with absolutely nothing being done to mask it with psychology or match structure. The latter was just a mess, nothing flowed in anyway or worked together with anything else. The best part of the match - which is no surprise - was HBK, and even he is looking old.

Yes. A thousand times yes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm not watching but:

WMOTYC: Braun Strowman vs Brock Lesnar, WWE Crown Jewel 11/2/18.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's 100% amazing WWE has locked up most disgusting promotional tactic in the Observer awards in a year where we have the UFC using Conner attacking a bus with a dolly to promote a fight

Excuse me, but the Connor stunt was totally UFC trying their hand at building a storyline. I mean as we all know, MMA is fake, and pro wrestling is real.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles at WWE TLC 12/16/18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Becky Lynch (C) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs match for the Smackdown Women's Championship - WWE TLC 12/16

loving perfection.

:yeah: