Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Been having a good time as smoke lately. The shotgun is great for opening lines of sight and the smg-11 is loving ridiculous. Also great when combined with a Mira on a soft wall since you can open up the top of it and throw beauties safely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tumble posted:

I got a notice from Xbox the other night saying "Thank you for helping make Xbox Live safer for everyone! We took action on one or more of the recent complaints you filed".

I'm pretty sure it was against the guy that messaged me saying "Blackbeard is a bitch character, you're a huge pussy for using him"

it felt good

I wonder what the Venn diagram is of people that think Blackbeard is lovely and needs a buff, and people that think everyone but themselves playing Blackbeard is a pussy bitch.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm a pussy bitch

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Blackbeard is like, the LEAST pussy character. His power is literally to be better at being shot at. It serves no other purpose than to take a few extra bullets so you can kill more efficiently.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The best feeling is outpeeking a Blackbeard straight up

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

littleorv posted:

The best feeling is outpeeking a Blackbeard straight up

Sometimes one will poke their head into view and I fire immediately, and the angle of attack gives me a pixel of headshot.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Killing Blackbeard with a Smoke canister while his fat rear end squirms in barbed wire. :discourse:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jedrick posted:

Killing Blackbeard with a Smoke canister while his fat rear end squirms in barbed wire. :discourse:

death to crab walkers and snake slithers

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/CommonElderlyImperatorangel

https://gfycat.com/CarefreePoliteFieldmouse

Basticle fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 1, 2018

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tumble posted:

I got a notice from Xbox the other night saying "Thank you for helping make Xbox Live safer for everyone! We took action on one or more of the recent complaints you filed".

I'm pretty sure it was against the guy that messaged me saying "Blackbeard is a bitch character, you're a huge pussy for using him"

it felt good

Does that mean they don't take action if you don't get that message? Because holy poo poo they've been ignoring some pretty terrible stuff.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Normally, even games like Dota 2 operate on volume of reports. People who are consistently behaving like assholes will get consistently reported.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

"Hey Jackal I bet you 50$ you can't clear the snowmobile"

"You know I have a gambling problem"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I had a great time playing with PS4 goons last night.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I did a shameful thing.

Was matched up against a stack that was looking to clown on my team by doing poorly advised run outs and trying to outplay our team. Mira jumps out a window and downs our Thatcher and I kill her. I make my way over to Thatcher to pick him up and, around the end of the animation, Kapkan runs out. I start moving my mouse to aim at him and begin firing... but Thatchers getting up animation was still going and his body was rising to match my aim. He insta died to my shots and the delay gave Kapkan the chance to kill me.

Thatchers wha? In chat was really all that needed to be said. Back to main menu with me.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Accidental TKs wouldn't be so common if people couldn't get shot by a bullet that hasn't left the barrel. Two people standing shoulder-to-shoulder shouldn't kill one another when one clips through the other just by walking sideways.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/80tblu/good/duyf9sf/

Epi mentions there will be another new process to counter lovely toxic players, Reddit falls all over themselves to be toxic.

Lmao, this doesn't have a chance in hell at being successful, how can they apply it to voice chat?
People will always find a way around it.

The outrage at these types of things is always amusing though.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

You've always been able to submit video evidence when you report, I've done it a few times.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Zomborgon posted:

Accidental TKs wouldn't be so common if people couldn't get shot by a bullet that hasn't left the barrel. Two people standing shoulder-to-shoulder shouldn't kill one another when one clips through the other just by walking sideways.

Accidental TKs wouldn't be so common if people didn't walk in front of each other's bullets lmao come on

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Any ps4 out there up for some noon siege?

tjones
May 13, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

Accidental TKs wouldn't be so common if people didn't walk in front of each other's bullets lmao come on

He is talking about players clipping into each other, not being in front of one or the other. lmao come on

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

tjones posted:

He is talking about players clipping into each other, not being in front of one or the other. lmao come on

They don't clip into each other though, not to any extent that they cause teamkills when they would otherwise be shoulder to shoulder. I haven't seen a single instance of 'teamkills caused by a shoulder clipping into a teammates model' ever. It's a dumb imaginary complaint

tjones
May 13, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

They don't clip into each other though, not to any extent that they cause teamkills when they would otherwise be shoulder to shoulder. I haven't seen a single instance of 'teamkills caused by a shoulder clipping into a teammates model' ever. It's a dumb imaginary complaint

I can't say I recall the same scenario occurring anytime recently, but this is r6 we are talking about. This game is broken as gently caress on a good day. Last week I had a team mate kill himself without doing anything. He just died out of no where. I've got 200+ hours in this game. Weird poo poo happens all the time.

I mean, if the game wasn't coded by a room full of chimpanzees I'd be inclined to agree with you. Lmao come on

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The Kingfish posted:

I had a great time playing with PS4 goons last night.

Had a great time even though we got totally loving wrecked all night and I couldn't get it together even with your clutches. You did great.

I went back to some of the maps and tried to figure out what I could have done differently, especially on Oregon, and I got some new ideas.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

tjones posted:

I can't say I recall the same scenario occurring anytime recently, but this is r6 we are talking about. This game is broken as gently caress on a good day. Last week I had a team mate kill himself without doing anything. He just died out of no where. I've got 200+ hours in this game. Weird poo poo happens all the time.

I mean, if the game wasn't coded by a room full of chimpanzees I'd be inclined to agree with you. Lmao come on

I just blame all my fuckups on the engine too

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

I just blame all my fuckups on the engine too

:same:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

last night I heard Rook pull out an impact grenade so I peeked and he shot me in the head with it

Ubisoft

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

tjones posted:

This game is broken as gently caress on a good day.

it's really not as bad as it was before and it a pretty stable good game now

the worst it gets is when a glitch goes public and is abused to meme status because ubi won't patch until the next cyber athlete esportz tournament. stuff like the valk cam on bank or jager's invincible blackbeard shield.

even hibana's ability rarely glitches out of you bother to ADS, at least compared to before. the technology in this game is often so crude or weirdly advanced and experimental that tbh inconsistency shouldn't matter in either end of the spectrum

i mean the game has about as many issues as any shooter but i wouldn't say its straight up broken as a defining characteristic... even though they take way too loving long to patch stuff and do really questionable things regarding buffs/nerfs to the characters. ubi has been pretty active in actually improving the game more often than not even if they can't keep their promises in regards to a dev roadmap - telling us we aren't getting a new map or operators for an entire season then come out with a totally over the top yet temporary coop campaign that has multiple maps.

the real issues with this game are the openly predatory business practices and way they handle power creeping and down-tuning blatantly overpowered characters

Thief fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 1, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

littleorv posted:

last night I heard Rook pull out an impact grenade so I peeked and he shot me in the head with it

Ubisoft

Same just now, but doc and a roll of barbed wire

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-319624-16/year-3-game-edition-updates

quote:

Beginning with the launch of Operation Chimera on March 6th (18:00 UTC), we will be removing the Renown cost of the original 20 Operators for all players who own the Standard Edition or the Advanced, Gold, and Complete editions. Additionally, we will be removing the Renown cost of attachments for all past and future Operators. This will mean that you have all attachments made available to you for all Operators.

This will be effective for everyone who already owns the aforementioned versions of the game, and any new players who purchase the game in the future. Unfortunately, due to a technical limitation, we will not be able to issue refunds for players that have already acquired these Operators, or attachments.

:laffo:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
This game has the MTX model that I wish more companies would use, I don't think it's predatory at all. Cosmetic only + gives you the ability to buy any item you want with in game currency. That, in addition to all the maps being free makes any complaints about new operators being a little strong resonate less with me. Of course, I'm coming from CoD where they still have paid DLC maps and loot boxes with non-cosmetic items.

Edit: I forgot about the category in the store page that is only for real money. But still, it's cosmetic only and it's not a blind box.

Javes fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 1, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I want to try this game and don't know where to start. Are any of the editions above standard worth it?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Only if you care about immediately having the DLC operators/loot boxes. Standard gives you everything to start out with without loving you like Starter does.

I'm pretty sure League of Legends is built on gum and duct tape, and they still refunded people when they changed the rune system. :sigh:

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 1, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

orcane posted:

I want to try this game and don't know where to start. Are any of the editions above standard worth it?

Lots of the DLC characters are really strong but start with the Standard edition if you're not sure

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

orcane posted:

Buy Standard Edition then if you like the game and want to unlock all operators quickly you'll be able to buy Year 1/2/3 operator bundles.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Actually Ubisoft's model is predatory because im an idiot and spent money buying the Jagar elite skin

It's so cool though...

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Javes posted:

This game has the MTX model that I wish more companies would use, I don't think it's predatory at all. Cosmetic only + gives you the ability to buy any item you want with in game currency. That, in addition to all the maps being free makes any complaints about new operators being a little strong resonate less with me. Of course, I'm coming from CoD where they still have paid DLC maps and loot boxes with non-cosmetic items.

i like the system too. unlocking stuff gets players to focus on a select few operators early on. i know the intention is strictly for skimming profits but it also makes it easier to spot smurfs or nerds that do cool things like main Doc/Thatcher before they even unlock ash/ela.

but if you look at the pricing changes (that were reversed) and the way the starter edition is handled its pretty silly at times. the community has taken it upon themselves to redflag the poo poo out of this to keep new players from rage quitting when they find out what they've bought into. surely its up to the consumer to educate themselves but it really feels like ubi purposely makes it confusing for people that want to impulse buy the game after a free weekend

even the notoriously volatile 4chan threads have put a daily disclaimer not to buy it at the top for months because of how easy it is to get duped

but they're obviously addressing this in the next few days so its not really going to be as big of an issue anymore

Jack Trades posted:

Buy Standard Edition then if you like the game and want to unlock all operators quickly you'll be able to buy Year 1/2/3 operator bundles.

this. but also you can just buy dlc operators individually for much cheaper if there is only 1 or 2 that you sincerely want. otherwise you can just unlock them through normal play with whoever you got already

mp5 posted:

Lots of the DLC characters are really strong but start with the Standard edition if you're not sure

its also worth noting that you can pick literally anyone in the game and do fine with them so just choose one that interests you personally until you get an idea of what specific sort of role you'd like to fill. otherwise practically everyone gets at least one good weapon to use.

and even the base level operators are very good. Ash has been a top pick since she existed. and characters like Twitch and Fuze are incredibly flexible because of their loadout options

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Lmao technical limitations my rear end.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Relational databases are hard, OK?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

keyframe posted:

Lmao technical limitations my rear end.

People on Reddit are literally saying dumb poo poo like "you script kiddies wouldn't understand, they need to store 2 years worth of renown activity and retrieve it"

and it's like no, all the info they need to do it is right there whenever you check an operator's loadout. Complete bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
even if you didnt have the specific numbers or if there is some stupid technical issue just give all legacy players a huge renown dump, like

Jesus christ