Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, once you drop into Bronze, it's filled with quite a few smurfs, which you'll meet in 2 scenarios: as your opponents, looking for easy dominations, and your teammates, who need to rank tank or leave Bronze. There's also hackers and general shitheads and then there's the actual bad players.

But it's easier with a group, so grab some buds and godspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Why do advanced players smurf?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I tried to figure this out when playing league of legends but some people just enjoy pub stomping I guess at the expense of the rest of the lobby.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The Bananana posted:

So they can play "easy" rounds.
Because they're sad and lonely people.
Because it's the only way they can feel superior to anyone.
So they can sell the account after it reaches diamond.

Pick your poison.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

The Bananana posted:

It yields practically the same results as cheating but without the risk of getting banned.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Or pending the game, it allows you to try differ-ante roles. I'm looking at you overwatch.
Yeah I guess I'll need to group up more . I think I may avoid rank play as it seems to be almost as bad as overwatch. At one match everyone on both sides went "O gently caress it X, sry people for yeah loss" cause they were a known thrower/deranker.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's also sometimes fun to dick around in casual, do things that would get you instantly killed in higher ranks, and to play a little more relaxed.

Mostly people that want to poo poo on new and bad players though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I strictly play casual because I like playing like a goof, without any real consequences. It's more fun to get away with jumping outside as castle, killing a guy, then jumping into an open window, castleing it off afterwards.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I really like the shorter round times in ranked. Forces the attacking side to actually make a move.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I prefer the shorter total game time in casual (9 round games in ranked can get pretty loving exhausting, even with the reduced round times) but I'd really love if we had some way to choose sites in casual.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Casual should just be a carbon copy of Ranked except for being best of 5 instead of 7 and not having ranked points. The round timer is way too long and not being to pick spawn points is incredibly dumb.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I get that 4 minutes instead of 3 is for the benefit of new players, but one extra minute isn't gonna help if they're totally clueless about where to go anyways and it is a pretty big change to the mechanics of the game. I doubt Ubi will ever do anything about it though.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
The shorter match's in rank are really nice. Less camping/waiting it out. QP would benefit from it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Javes posted:

I really like the shorter round times in ranked. Forces the attacking side to actually make a move.

This also the game is WAY different when you don't have to defend the poo poo sites all the time just because the Casual RNG hates your guts.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Also if you're like me and you have a tendency to do dumb poo poo and get killed in the first 10 seconds you dont have to sit there as long :D

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Minrad posted:

I get that 4 minutes instead of 3 is for the benefit of new players, but one extra minute isn't gonna help if they're totally clueless about where to go anyways and it is a pretty big change to the mechanics of the game. I doubt Ubi will ever do anything about it though.
But I love when there are 2 minutes left after your whole team ran in and got themselves killed. Then while you are trying to figure out how/if you can clutch they get impatient and vote to kick you! SO FUN!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
That's when you put a breach on the ground, teabag the everliving hell out of it and blow yourself up.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The "voting to kick a guy who couldn't clutch a 1v4" thing is hilarious to me. I will never vote to kick anyone who fails to pull it out and in fact the harder they gently caress it up the funnier it is. The last operator being piss scared, creeping around for 40 seconds burning time, then realizing the round is almost over and blundering into the objective only to hit a Frost trap and then die to a Lesion mine while 3 anchors teabag in each corner of the room...good stuff!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Agreed. Watching a guy sit in place, carefully aiming down an empty hallway for a solid 30 seconds only to get domed within 10 frames of sprinting around a corner is one of my favorite things in this game.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

JHVH-1 posted:

But I love when there are 2 minutes left after your whole team ran in and got themselves killed. Then while you are trying to figure out how/if you can clutch they get impatient and vote to kick you! SO FUN!

Lol.

Been there, done that

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
BTW I admit that the one game of Outbreak that I played with pubs wasn't very fun and I won't miss the mode. I was convinced it would be really good and popular, and that I was going to miss it. I was wrong.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lots of people said it's basically a prototype for a new game.

Better be a hell of a lot better of a game than what it is.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Lots of people said it's basically a prototype for a new game.

Better be a hell of a lot better of a game than what it is.

That's my theory, at least.
It would kinda make sense for Outbreak to be a prototype for a new Siege engine game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I thought outbreak was okay. Enemies were kind of bullet spongey, and some of the triggers were a bit buggy. I had a 100% winrate with pubbies across the half dozen or so missions I did, but there are better options out there for horde shooters.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I love Outbreak because I love shotgun Doc.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The only problem with Outbreak (aside from the horrible framerate) is that its 3 player.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

BTW I admit that the one game of Outbreak that I played with pubs wasn't very fun and I won't miss the mode. I was convinced it would be really good and popular, and that I was going to miss it. I was wrong.

Ugh, I know. I really wanted it to be fun and it seemed cool, but I played it once and haven't been back. Not even for the dangles.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
PS4 krew: ranked tonight?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Javes posted:

PS4 krew: ranked tonight?

Im down

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

My callouts are normally very good. I am proud of them.

Today we went down to a 1v1 clutch in hostage. We had not managed to even spot the hostage. So when I saw the top of a head at the lip of a window in the rough location of where I knew the last enemy was in the tiny room, I yelled to my teammate, "There he is! You see his head!"

He actually listened and emptied his clip into the back of the hostage's head.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I had 5 out of the 7 matches I played with pubbies desync during the finale or final cutscene and didn't get credit for the win.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Today we went down to a 1v1 clutch in hostage. We had not managed to even spot the hostage. So when I saw the top of a head at the lip of a window in the rough location of where I knew the last enemy was in the tiny room, I yelled to my teammate, "There he is! You see his head!"

The best call-out.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Lol

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Cup Runneth Over posted:

And then you kicked him right

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

And then you kicked him right

You up for some ranked?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The Bananana posted:

You up for some ranked?

Will be if you guys are still going in a couple hours or so. We're in the process of packing and moving to a new house and we're trying to get everything done tomorrow

Javes
May 6, 2012

Cool. I should be back on in a bit.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Javes posted:

Cool. I should be back on in a bit.

Shoot me an invite, I’ll be on TF2 but I’ve got the Siege itch.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Is the Thermite dob charm weekly bugged for anyone else?

I've been destroying gadgets in a few rounds now and it isn't registering for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kata-Haro posted:

Is the Thermite dob charm weekly bugged for anyone else?

I've been destroying gadgets in a few rounds now and it isn't registering for me.
It was working for me last night, I can check again when I play later.

Are you destroying your teammates' gadgets while on defense? :v: