Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
People were buying Blood Orchid BDUs because they're black, but Ubisoft wants you to pay three times the price for the specific black BDUs they're releasing separately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
they've done this is the past with various gimmick sets.

and in general that's an okay change since there are still a lot of good or even better camo options available even without the recent seasonals. it'll eventually add a level of rarity as time goes by for nerds that have been playing the same account for a while with the offchance that a newer player can still randomly get one.

i've wanted them to do something like this for a while but imo they should really seriously first take as many of the old comedy options off the store as they can and make them alpha pack only

if they make a habit of this, the alpha pack pool will be a lot more random feeling so we'll see less of the black ice thing that happened in the first batch

...though i'd seriously expect to see more limited editon tier packs now that the (surprisngly good) UI framework is there from outbreak

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Maybe its because I lose alot but it seems like it takes a long time to unlock alpha packs.

Would feel a bit better if you got em more regularly or got more stuff out of them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hadn't realised the patch had gone live, how are people finding Yings LMG now?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

tbh i was high as gently caress last night so i can't say for sure but i think its safe to say it owns now

i kept running right into fights and getting away with complete bullshit thanks to the ammo capacity but the stuff i was spraying at was actually dying. she seems like a good agressive rusher now even without the smokes - just use a holo sight and laser ftw

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/j81nw

That feeling when you can't use your teleport hacks properly and keep falling through the map.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

That new Blackbeard bundle on the site makes me think we need an American operator who holds his ar with a c-clamp grip just for extra tacticool factor.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

ZeusCannon posted:

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-322310-16/seasonal-skins

But I could be reading it wrong so grain of salt.

Edit: if that is true I'm sad because my Xbox is down so I can't even pick up a few before they go.

what a garbage decision

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the difference between the standard and starter editions now with all the base operators being free? A buddy is looking to get into it.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Flipswitch posted:

What's the difference between the standard and starter editions now with all the base operators being free? A buddy is looking to get into it.

here's the difference: the starter edition is a vicious trick and you shouldn't get it

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Pretty sure the Starter Edition doesn't get the base operators for free.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Buying operators costs an insane amount extra with the starter edition. Don't get it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Minrad posted:

what a garbage decision

Yeah they're just going to ratchet up the time limited stuff, hope no one is falling for their talk about community. This game will be AAA "monetized" within an inch of its life.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

They should raise the price of the starter edition to like $100. Then the people who failed and already bought it would be happier with their purchases, and nobody else would ever get stuck with it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah they're just going to ratchet up the time limited stuff, hope no one is falling for their talk about community. This game will be AAA "monetized" within an inch of its life.

Lol if you think it isn't already

When this game launched, there were no uniforms, headgear, charms, or loot packs.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Lol if you think it isn't already

When this game launched, there were no uniforms, headgear, charms, or loot packs.

Well first they do good job

now they do bad job

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nooooo Ubisoft don't take the shiny toys out of my skinner box!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It wasn't a skinner box, that was the point. It was a regular old digital marketplace that you could buy poo poo from. And the one consistently time-limited thing (seasonal weapon skins) were a huge value as they applied to every gun that had been released up to that point.

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Minrad posted:

what a garbage decision

A great decision from their viewpoint though. They know there's enough people who will just pay $50 extra dollars a season to get the skins now that they're time-limited to justify pissing off everyone else.

Games as a service, y'all. :thumbsup:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

If the game is going to be consistently patched and supported to the degree it has been and the player base keeps growing as a result I'm OK with them managing skins however they want because at the end of the day they are just skins. The game is a really incredible value out of the gate (assuming you don't get the dumb scam starter version ) and they keep adding to it at no required cost to the users, which is far more than most AAA games can say.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lots of people itt caring a whole lot about virtual dress-up apparently.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I would pay for a flash light

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol idk any casual players that are on regularly who have ever had any problems getting the seasonal skins they wanted.

when blood orchid's tacticool black camo came out, the non-season pass players were all loving it because they made it nearly half the price of the stuff that was available at the time and basically everyone that wanted it was able to get it.

the only exceptions i can think of are newer players that are still unlocking operators in which case they have SO much more to look forward to than missing out on what is mostly uninspired digital camo recolors.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Flipswitch posted:

Starter edition doesn't get all base operators for free. Instead they get enough premium currency to unlock six base operators. Starters are also stuck with unlocking base characters at 12500 renown a pop which takes a while to grind.

It's not a great deal. Best to just wait for a -50% sale on the base edition if you want to get in cheap.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
No post about this from a few days back?

from the official twitter. I wonder if the new map'll be set on a Roman ruin or something.

also some headgear leaks:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the smoke cloak one is cool

also recruit ying

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Smoke shemagh is seriously the only one worth getting.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow, a GEO operator finally getting a non-default helmet? Amazing.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

i like the hibana one, but i doubt i'll ever change her from her ghoul costume from halloween so it doesn't matter

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What attachments are people using on Hibana? Been enjoying the suppressor on the rifle a lot.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

suppressor + holo ftw. no need for angled grip imo your focus should be on recoil reduction between either short bursts or magdumps

her rifle is like Thatcher's in that they are best at mid-long range but the recoil can be a bit annoying so its best to avoid the acog imo

i generally use the holo all the time and will swap the suppressor with a flash hider depending on my mood.

the holo lets you magdump with ease so if you plan on doing sweeping wallbangs then perhaps consider a compensator. don't worry about running out of ammo because you can always fallback on the smg in the last minute. the smg recoil is certainly noticeable now but if you're up close and pushing the obj it still does well

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

What attachments are people using on Hibana? Been enjoying the suppressor on the rifle a lot.

acog, vfg, flash hider, no laser.

everything has flash hider on it because i only tap fire. i never spray except when i'm surprised or hipfiring, and even then lately i'm tapping then too just because i've developed decent discipline about it.

tap firing negates recoil on nearly any gun, and firefights are rarely short enough that you need the extra DPS as opposed to accuracy. i started fighting this way because of the way the mp5 works, since it is a laser gun and you can consistently outsnipe Glaz with it. those fundamentals mean that Ela is now one of my best operators, because her weird crazy long burst recoil doesn't make a difference to me. the scorpion is still a monster with controlled short bursts.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I was using the compensator when not using the suppressor and just pulling my mouse down seemed to correct any issue with Hibana, but a good point on tap firing. I haven't had much luck with tap firing the Scorp Evo, the kick even then is just a bit much. Still learning to use Ela though! I tend to bounce between Frost and Mira mostly and their guns are super stable in comparison.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I rarely use the laser because I'm paranoid about it revealing my position. I have it on my shield-users, since their positions are rarely all that secret. What guns do people typically laser up?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I put it on shotties to tighten the spread but not if I want them to breach walls (like Mira's secondary).

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Put it on all the shield user's pistols (hipfire is still a crapshoot) and all the shotguns I plan on firing at the enemy so I don't need to ADS. I don't remember the last time I actually hip-fired a weapon besides those.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Elysiume posted:

What guns do people typically laser up?

literally everything except doc/rook's mp5 because all you're gonna do is anchor pixel tight angles with that thing hoping people walk into your LoF

e: forreal though the benefits outweigh the offchance that someone will ever see it AND figure out where you are because of it - actual worst case scenario is you drag it on doorframes instead of holding the perfect angle which reduces effective reaction times in a face-to-face peek which realistically isn't why you're getting killed if you lose to this

Thief fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 6, 2018

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

The benefits (and drawbacks) are really minor either way, the only time it actually can really be a downside is if you are sneaking around and happen to mouse over a piece of wall the enemy happens to be looking at, and they happen to change what they are doing when they notice you.

Also jaeger's carbine, dmrs, and lmgs still spray your whole screen with or without :v:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

laser sights benefit the hipfire roamer so if you are a very conservative player you aren't going to notice the difference as much as when you have to left click faster than your scope reaches your virtual eyeball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'm probably just jaded from one specific time in which my laser on cav's pistol was resting through a doorframe for a second, and the killcam showed someone looking right at it before blasting the wall I was hiding behind