Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm about to pull the trigger on this (PC), what's the current status of the game? Is it broken as hell? Enough goons to play with? I already joined the goon discord and I plan on mixing this up with my main game (The Division).

And yes, getting the Standard Edition, but is there any reason to get the advanced edition for 5€ more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Can confirm that purchasing Standard Edition right now unlocks all base operators (and they weapons+attachments).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So I started to play last night. I didn't go completely blind as I've been watching videos of operators and such for months. The community isn't a surprise but is funny to see, out of all modes, someone trying to votekick me in terrorist hunt as soon as I spawn as fuze on hostage (yes, yes I know all the memes). But was funny to not only get kicked but walk with the hostage and the guy still say "gently caress fuze".

This is gonna be a ride for sure :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Am I wrong for liking Glaz as a newbie? And no, I don't stay back for the entire round but killing an early peeker is drat cool.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I need to play more obviously but so far I liked Glaz, Thatcher (fokin lazersights), Sledge and IQ with the LMG on attack (yes, more bullets to make up for being bad). Mute, Doc and Kapkan as defender. This is from like 4 hours experience so I'm sure that this will change with time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, half the reasons to purchase this game is to fully suffer (I already understood most of them) the memes. Goobysoft needs to make a suicide operator so people trying to bash you to death with a shield... :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:laffo:

This is some quality poo poo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Even after purchasing the standard edition, 25k siegepoints is kind of an overkill for every new operator. Good thing I have all base operators but drat, the grind is real and with my limited time nowadays it'll take a month to unlock one. At least I'm finally getting this game and enjoying IQ and mute mainly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

jyrque posted:

You can also pay for season passes to get all that year's ops. They also release bundles for each year that unlocks 8 ops for the price of 4.

Grind is real tho

I'll wait for one of those bundles, thanks!

Is there any twitter or something to keep up with offers? I tend to miss deals like that.

Also, I shamelessly like Russian Badger videos even if they are memey, any other guy on youtube/twitch that is worth watching?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

algebra testes posted:

You want bullshit meme filled R6 vidoes I gotcha fam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meaifdi3PR4

Thanks, any more "serious and informative" one? Or a streamer so I can soak more information and tactics (aside from the helpful goons who are helping this newbie quite a lot).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

I like Microwave's mom.

A SomethingAwful classic. Peak joke in Duke Nukem Forever thread when someone photoshopped Duke behind her pic.
(sorry for the off topic)

BikiniBodhi's videos are fun when he's just loving around and suddenly loses it. Dude really enjoys the game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've had a blast playing with goons. They carry me as I'm awful but at least I give armorfood as rook and place low height Kapkan traps.

So far my favourite operators (only base ones) are IQ/sledge and Mute/kapkan/rook.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Agoat posted:

I'm adding this thing to my stream where you can play sounds on my PC, including a phone vibrating super loud (Dokkabei hack) so I'm basically letting viewers grief me on Siege. I'm really excited about it.

I hope you don't panic run to take cover and instead type in chat again because I laughed so hard at that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Best 3 speed shotgun is actually silenced SASG on TachankaKapkan.

:shobon:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thief posted:

there would finally be a hard counter to upside down window peekers

I counter them with my shotgun mute or sausage kapkan. It may be a bad idea but I like to lurk with kapkan (and the saiga) right under some reinforced windows, people look for frost traps but not a saiga thic russian.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

In my little gametime IQ is my most used operator and used frags to gently caress up gadgets. RIP IQ. Doesn't make sense to give claymore to a 1 armor 3 speed operator.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Penpal posted:

The amount of people crying because they can't type nibba is depressing

I didn't know nibba was even a word until I read this thread. I guess being an eurogoon swaps trash talking from the colonies with some cyka blyat from russians.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How's Smoke for a newbie compared to my usual Mute/Kapkan/Rook?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

tjones posted:

If no one else is running him he's a good operator to learn early, but don't slam pick him if a more experience player wants to play him. Great for site denial, last second pushes, thermite holes, smoke plants, site redesign/setup, etc. Run his shotgun and the smg11 and take barb with you.

Penpal posted:

He's not really worth the pick on Casual, but on Ranked he's a solid pick. Pick his shotgun but don't use it on people, use his SMG-11. The shotgun is for making rotate holes or shooting the floor/ceiling to get angles

Krogort posted:

Smoke is not easy to play.
First you have to stay alive till the end then to get max benefit from his ability. Then you have to master the funky SMG 11 which leave no room for poor aim.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give him a look when I get to play with some goons and gas pubbies.

I'm a newbie but I'm sure I would have killed at least one with my pistol, running to a corner waiting for all four to gather is just lazy.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

As long as I don't get banned for using the most powerful of insults, "jabronie", I'm good.

When I read that it reminds me of 90's The Rock and the WWF Attitude era. That would be a nice gimmick for a night, talk like 90's wrestlers and see how pubbies become even more toxic.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

At the other hand, most toxic players are just children (or manchildren) that will get slapped if they trashtalk using a mic. I've played a bunch of old CoD game on Xbox Live and was hilarious to piss off a kid, who started to yell all kinds of stuff and then hear his parents yell and in some cases, turn off the console.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The best way to avoid getting banned is to not type in the toxic box. If you get baited to type something bannable then I guess that is a deserved price.

Yesterday a guy was baiting the other team to say the british slang for cigarette. 9 players on the server just rolling eyes to a stupid guy that kept trying for 15 minutes.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rainbow 6 Siege's new gamemode: Escaping the ban hammer.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Almost Honest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hcpIrcN5Co

This gun is alright I guess. ft. My dumb rear end giggling and my friends broken text chat macros

:suspense:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I never seen that word outside of this siege thread. I've played my fair share of fps on PC and consoles, and only seen that 🅱 emoji on youtube comments (they're bad enough) but nibba? I'm glad that I'm not up to date on that kind of stuff.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Even Quake Champions is more suited to eSports than this game. Siege is too wonky and has too many gimmicks to be -*Professional videogame*- in my opinion. It's drat fun of course.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

IQ owns with the LMG for terrorist hunt. You can even get a bunch of kills by shooting C4 with the pistol from a safe place.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I asked yesterday on discord and it seems that there are no "sales" on operator packs so, what's a good way for someone with the standard edition (all base operators) to get a few of the new ones? getting gold coins is a chore (after 40 hours I'm still short of 3k for my first unlock and all operators cost 25k...). Should I just get a season pass or what? This F2P inside of a fully priced game is kind of bullshit and I don't even like most base operators. For example as attacker is either thermite, Thatcher or Fuze/sledge and as defenders is Mute, Kapkan and Rook.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Question about Castle, can the enemy team remove it like defenders holding F from the side I put it? I think I've only played a couple of rounds as Castle and barely faced him so I don't know how his reinforced thing works.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for the explanation. So, what would be a nice use for Castle, blocking certain doors used to acess stairs and windows on the objective? I'm not a veteran but I've seen all characters do their stuff but I have yet to see a good amount of Castle action that is worth for the team compared to even let's say, lurking with Kapkan.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I play Siege on PC but I may get it on PS4 as it's 15€ right now if some goons play there too. PSN: guillermus_

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

WALLGOD posted:

If we can get a list or community together we can group up easier. I'm stuck solo queuing from time to time and it makes me dislike the game (other then when I miss an entire mag and get headshotted)

Edit: PSN is WARUGADO

Got you. I'm going to wait for this free weekend to install Siege on my PS4 because that way I may get something else than the standard edition to not just have base operators like on PC. Maybe game + year 3 pass or something like that.

Is there a PS4 goon community?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Aight! if there are PS4 goons out there that play this, I just got it on PS4 aswell so I'll be playing on both platforms. PSN and ubi: guillermus_

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Ah gently caress I fell into a hole of I can't stop playing this game. And then I went and bought a booster to try and get from 17 to 20 before the end of the month so I can play ranked. What happened to my life?

Now get impregnated by all the R6S memes and play with goons.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Free weekend on PS4 being fun as hell with people doing weird poo poo instead of planting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1RM5Uf2DII

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So thread, I'll stop being cheap and buy some R6 bucks to get operators.

The 19.99€ gives 2400+270 (2400 for a year 1 or 2 and 270 for nothing else). The 34.99 gives 4920 total (4800 for both Y1 and 2 with 120 for nothing), looks like that one is the best value. Then I'll use my renown (currently 26k) to purchase Maestro from Y3 (neither finka, Lion or Alibi are up my alley).

Any thoughts?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This just happened on my 2nd to last game before getting finally ranked :v:

Last round was someone with sofia vs 5 of us and they surrender, never had that to happen.

For all the frustrations, when poo poo goes right, is the most satisfying mp shooter right now. I know i'm bad but hell, a match like that with lesion/mute and buck/hibana.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think they are keeping recruit just for people with starter edition, also since you can do stuff like attacking with a M870. It's Ubi so who knows...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know why they had to put Clash face screaming. I know is just a little dumb thing but all operators looks like... operators, serious, some smug, some like Korean Batman... Who are you screaming at Clash? Do you need help? :ohdear: