Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

This flank on plane rarely works, but man it is satisfying when it goes right.

https://streamable.com/6maek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SpazmasterX posted:

Nothing is sweeter than catching someone in a frost trap and then waiting until someone tries to pick them up.

I don't know. The other day I had one of those rounds where it was the last 30 seconds or so and I successfully put down a castle barricade on the entrance to the objective as someone was shooting at me. That was so satisfying when they had no options left to win.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I had 50 viewers on my R6 stream last night, wtf

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Goats play r6 wtf

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

I love playing with Thief because i see poo poo like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo, me and a couple of my friends are thinking of getting into this but I gotta ask you guys a question: How playable is this game at relatively high ping? Our group is pretty spread out across the world so usually someone or another sits at 150 ping or so if we wanna play together. Would you say that's doable or should we just not even bother?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
You will probably kick rear end because lag compensation in this game heavily favors high latency.

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo, me and a couple of my friends are thinking of getting into this but I gotta ask you guys a question: How playable is this game at relatively high ping? Our group is pretty spread out across the world so usually someone or another sits at 150 ping or so if we wanna play together. Would you say that's doable or should we just not even bother?

Not terrible i play with EU people alot and can still do well

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Infinity Gaia posted:

150 is doable, we often play with Americans on the EU server and vice versa. Only the Australian servers seem to be a headache for the rest of the world

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Kapzy posted:

I love playing with Thief because i see poo poo like this

one of the most dangerous weapons in an operator's loadout is the allchat key

well that and whoever thought it'd be a good idea to not only give the defenders a proper LMG, but also let you put an acog on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKXiHbrnrFg

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of the most satisfying things to do as maestro in my opinion is to use an evil eye camera placed to watch outer reinforced walls and just feck up hibana or thermite charges as they are placed

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

One of the most satisfying things to do as maestro in my opinion is to use an evil eye camera placed to watch outer reinforced walls and just feck up hibana or thermite charges as they are placed

It's a great tactic on Oregon, but then you have to leave the stairs doors open. But man does it annoy people.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

ZeusCannon posted:

Well that's loving amazing. Tumble get in here they heard you asking for more masks!

....it's so tactical!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jyrque posted:

You will probably kick rear end because lag compensation in this game heavily favors high latency.

That's not really true, the system cuts both ways.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yeah lag compensation is pretty fair and does the best it can to make the game fun for both sides.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I know I've been headshot by people spurting blood everywhere from my bullets and appear completely unhurt in the killcam more than once.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

New patch, what fix?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jyrque posted:

I know I've been headshot by people spurting blood everywhere from my bullets and appear completely unhurt in the killcam more than once.

It's an internet game. There are a finite number of ways you can deal with information being received, reconciled, and sent back out to the sources at high speeds across the world. All things considered Siege's lag comp is exceptionally good. The alternate methods involve you dying moments after you duck behind cover, which is even more infuriating. At the end of the day its an internet game and there's going to be weird moments when you think you pulled something off but the game disagrees because you or they were lagging. No game involving the internet is immune to this dude, sorry.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

The Bananana posted:

New patch, what fix?

Tachanka bug maybe?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah, you'll be fine. Myself (Australian) and my fellow Aussie friends regularly play on the Australian R6 servers and clock in at anywhere between 30-300 ping! :v:
So yeah, this game is quite reasonable really, at high ping. Should be perfectly doable for you guys

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

jyrque posted:

This was removed by the devs ages ago and is a total fallacy hth

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The new ying skin owns

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm legit really glad it doesn't cost real money. It looks pretty cool with the para bellum skin too

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Was hoping the patch they snuck out would fix me having to quit the game on console to see all my operators from year 2 again, but it didn’t.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm adding this thing to my stream where you can play sounds on my PC, including a phone vibrating super loud (Dokkabei hack) so I'm basically letting viewers grief me on Siege. I'm really excited about it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Agoat posted:

I'm adding this thing to my stream where you can play sounds on my PC, including a phone vibrating super loud (Dokkabei hack) so I'm basically letting viewers grief me on Siege. I'm really excited about it.

I hope you don't panic run to take cover and instead type in chat again because I laughed so hard at that.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Guillermus posted:

I hope you don't panic run to take cover and instead type in chat again because I laughed so hard at that.

I need to clip that, I was just drunk enough to think dokkabei hacked my keyboard

Edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveCreativeAubergineKlappa

Agoat fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 29, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any Finka whispers in here? I'm tempted to learn her over Hibana because hibbie is always picked and I have brain damage.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

Any Finka whispers in here? I'm tempted to learn her over Hibana because hibbie is always picked and I have brain damage.

What is there to whisper about finka? Press the button when you don't want any recoil, or you want to revive a teammate, or you need to push through barbed wire.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Her ability + her shotgun + compensator = 0 recoil shotgun

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

gently caress Finka

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

littleorv posted:

gently caress Finka

Only if she'll let me :quagmire:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

littleorv posted:

gently caress Finka

I would stick it up her council

Fart Car '97 posted:

What is there to whisper about finka? Press the button when you don't want any recoil, or you want to revive a teammate, or you need to push through barbed wire.
I've been rocking the lmg/flash hider so far because her rifle feels a bit dogshit

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Finka's SMG (AKA Kapkan's) is amazing with the reflex sight and you cannot convince me otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhl1JK9I1vE

Orv
May 4, 2011
Let me put the Russian reflex sight on every gun Ubisoft TIA.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you hear gunfire use your ability.

There you mastered Finka.

Although save one for final push onto obj

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

How to play Finka:
-Wait for two of your teammates to get downed by Caveira.
-Activate your ability from across the map.
-Imagine her making GBS threads her pants as you watch their outlines get back up and kill her.

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Finka's SMG (AKA Kapkan's) is amazing with the reflex sight and you cannot convince me otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhl1JK9I1vE

The spear .308 isn’t an smg? Also echoing the finka shotgun wombo combo being rad as gently caress.

And the lmg is loving great, gently caress the spear.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I have video evidence that you're wrong and still you try to deny me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Finka's SMG (AKA Kapkan's)

lolwut?

but yeah, both the spear and V308 are fine if you're playing super srsly, it's just that they're so boring compared to the alternatives. her having the saiga/pmm stacked with nanobutts put her at Ela tier for shotgun players. the only other thing that can compare is the new tachanka 3speed saiga glitch

also if anyone cares about recoil reduction, all .308's are actually best with the muzzlebreak which is probably the most surprising thing to come out of that whole weapon attachment test thing. but finka's 308 basically doesn't have recoil even by default and the only way you can even notice it is if you are sniping with an acog from great distances.

it hits way harder than it sounds and you can rake prefires very easily with it

Flipswitch posted:

Any Finka whispers in here?

as others have said you can just press the button. her ability is even stronger in ranked because there is less downtime.

you can make the most of her fist squeeze if you have a good sense for predicting when poo poo is going to pop off. watch your teammates x-ray vision outlines and use map knowledge to the best of your ability. it's the same way people use dokkaebi's phone call so anyone that's spent time with her should already be doing this instinctively.

one of the biggest benefits of the boost that people often forget about in the middle of a fight is that it will immediately cancel Echo's disorientation effect. i've seen smart Finka players steamroll otherwise well setup yokai bottlenecks a lot this way. its arguably best to save it for stuff like this rather than a revive unless they are very far away and it's a potential interrogation level emergency. otherwise i'm pretty sure manually picking them up will give them more health when they are back on their feet and the rest of your team will have less downtime on their anti-recoil

her ability is loving stupid and an example of the laziest deadline rush we've seen in the game yet but its good for cyber adrenaline junkies since she can turn otherwise normal firefights into total Quakemode