Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tumble posted:

Only if they've taken no damage. If they've taken any damage at all BB's gun will still 2-shot them.

And I've never had much of a problem with the slightly increased recoil on the SR25; if you're far enough away that the recoil moves your reticle entirely off the target then they're still less of a risk to you than you are to them, as you've got a shield and a longer-range gun.

He's a heavy-hitter even with his reduced damage; even if your bullets don't actually kill somebody, you've still halved their health with one shot. Once you're into the round a minute or so I find that he becomes incredibly effective because of that.

Maybe everyone else was aware of this, but somewhere along the way they made the SR25 have basically zero recoil no matter what you have on the barrel. It's absurd how little it kicks now, even clicking as fast as possible. If you haven't tried it in a while, give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

All this talk about Blackbeard's SR-25 is making me question my allegiance to his MK14...is it genuinely better than the MK14, or? Since I haven't really used BB a whole lot (not since all his nerfs, anyway) but I always liked the MK14's damage, rate of fire and reasonable recoil. I might need to change it up though, if you're all certain the SR-25 is the way to go.

Go take the SR-25 on a t-hunt and put literally whatever you want on it, point at chests and click as fast as possible. It is better than the MK14 in every way, especially since they jacked the recoil on the MK14 way up and (for me at least) ruined it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You'll love him then because he's an attack operator

He's a defender. How his laser balls would even work on offense is a hell of a thought.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

The joke is that he has an LMG with an ACOG.

Oh, yeah sure. But is it a good LMG?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yesssssssss.

Orv
May 4, 2011

And thus we've already reached the best possible outcome of Y3 S2, we can shut it down now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm fine with it as it stands now, but I'd prefer they go back to 1:1 releases. If they keep going 2:0 ones I would be less thrilled with it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

asterioth posted:

IIRC the lead dev said that this is the last time they're doing 2 attack/2 defenders at once. Only reason that these are 2 defenders it to balance it out.

Makes sense, fine by me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Are those the para bellum ones?

Yeah, it's a pretty decent one this time around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Please don't stab the blind, it's rude.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Some friends and I gave up playing earlier because it was especially egregious with reg today. Not sure if it's schools out + weekend server load or what but it was some dark days poo poo from many patches ago.

Orv fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 10, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
As though we haven't all seen exactly that on PC plenty of times.

As though I haven't done exactly that a time or two.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Robo Turnus posted:

How do u pros defend kids room on house? We had it every time and every time just got crushed.

Like Jack said, if someone is in kids room they shouldn't have any cover except maybe the bed. Tear down all the walls, fill that poo poo with gas and C4.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thief posted:

:rolldice: for science

My absolute favorite part of MW1/2 HC was killing people with direct flash bang hits, so this speaks to my deepest, darkest soul.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thief posted:

he was always good imo but yeah 1 speeds feel so much faster now. i kinda liked them slower because it adds a sense of weight to the extra armor thing. the real problem was just that 3 speeds were too fast

The semi-auto pistol speed buff just moves Fuze into outright scary territory with a shield. Obviously he's not as fast as a charging Blitz but I had a guy crabbing around last night and just waddling up to people to smack them in the face with very little chance to stop him. It was great to watch, probably not great to be on the end of.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Duggler posted:

https://streamable.com/esbl3

tbh this works more often than it doesn't

I'm starting to feel like even in light of Lion and Finka, Alibi might be the most broken person they've released. There is effectively no safe way to deal with that situation - you can't check her feet without coming in, you can't shoot (in that situation anyway, I'd be hiding behind the wood wall to his right if it were a Prism) her in case it's a decoy and the real one is pulling some Jaws kinda poo poo. At some level the right answer is probably shoot the Prism and run the gently caress away before your bullets even land, but at non-pro levels of play you can make so many things horribly untenable or dangerous for the enemy team as Alibi with basically no option other than hope you're about to headshot the real one.

It's great.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 12, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone who basically lives and dies by sound and my pretty decent ability to prefire I do not have that option. I am the night, the night with terrible aim.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kikas posted:

Don't you get marked if your drone passes through the hologram?

They mean look for the base/look around, which is probably the right answer but I feel like it's still a mess of options that are all bad. It's a cool ability.

Orv
May 4, 2011

jyrque posted:

Yesterday I tried hiding behind a hologram in case the enemy thought no one would be stupid enough to try it.

I got shot in the face immediately.

Like physically off the prism?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fart Car '97 posted:

Alibi's ability is good against bad people and bad against anyone with a brain

You'll never guess what level I play at.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maestro's LMG is a good contender for Next Ela but he himself is fine.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nothing in video games beats the feel of a three mat Frost game. Play Frost.

Orv
May 4, 2011

El Jebus posted:

Can anyone tell me what sort of a kill I got here? It was presumably from the kapkan trap. You can see the notice that I got someone, but the little ghost symbol is new to me.

Looks like a glitch, that's not anything Kapkan related. Hell it looks like Smoke's mask.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Its the new bleed out icon for when a downed person is killed by round end or just plain bleeds out

But what... what?

Orv
May 4, 2011
No I mean the icon for bleeding out.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

I like to play UNIVERSE BRAIN frost by going to a window and pretending im an attacker pushing the room, and then placing a trap at a point they might strafe into to get an angle on a common spot. This works far more often than window mats for me at my level.

littleorv posted:

Frost's gun is great, it's a headshot machine. Y'all be crazy up in here.

Frost is so good, and this is exactly why. Everyone ('everyone') knows to check for Kapkan's, check windows for Frost. Nobody checks the corner that everyone runs into to hide in a secure objective room. Nobody checks around the corner where people strafe into, back to the wall.

Also her gun, while not being statistically incredible, is the most dangerous thing in the game, because peoples brains can't handle +5 bullets and a slow fire rate. The number of kills I have as Frost where I'm just banging at some corner because that's where someone ducked behind during our firefight, and when they pop back out my gun is still going and they eat a bullet, is stupidly, impossibly high.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Let me put the Russian reflex sight on every gun Ubisoft TIA.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

I shall now demonstrate Russian superiority in thirty seconds or less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAOy05oZ6c

Then I couldn't get on the bombs because Smoke kept gassing the door lol

Even on console this video is extremely upsetting.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I just fell for a straight up You think this is the real Quaid in a ranked match. Shoulda known when it wasn't securing but nope, didn't double check.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

:allears: Please tell me you've got a video of it tucked away somewhere!

Sadly no, I don't make a habit of recording things as my Rainbow skills are inconsistent in the extreme so it'd be a ton of footage to trash and then that one perfect, "is he cheating?" level ace.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean on my end the issue is that I would literally never remember it exists until the shadowplay window was over.

Also I don't need yet a trillionth thing running in the background.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Talk about the shooty mans.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Keratos is a tremendous gun. Which is annoying because the Bull isn't actually bad at killing people either, and also has utility. Choices, choices.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was having a shitton of problems killing people with the AA-12 at first, to the point of being about to give up on it forever.

The secret is volume. And yes I mean both size and sound. Every time I tried to get behind some people pushing into the objective, walk up nice and close and aim down the sight, I'd blast someone in the dick with it and then die immediately, wondering why I did no goddamn damage. Then I stopped aiming, started slamming LMB as fast as possible, and just running at people. It works, not 100%, but just filling the world with shot and getting up on people while you do it has taken my success as Alibi from never to most of the time.

Of course keep in mind I am in Bad Land and if you run at somebody in Diamond you're probably gonna get murdered. Also that gun is basically made for Skyscraper.

Orv
May 4, 2011
LAUGH BITCH

Orv
May 4, 2011
Glad to see the toxicity sweep has huge gaps in it. Just played against a level 74 and a 68 who were both blatantly cheating and spamming chat with poo poo ranging from "ezezezez" to incredibly heavy racial and gender slurs, so that was cool. Oh and abusing wide rank gap matching and the Tachanka glitch, not that it mattered.

E: It also put on fine display one of my least favorite human attributes . They were with people my duo had teamed with, won with and had a casual, enjoyable time with earlier in the evening. When we got thrown back into a second match with the same five, the other three were being just as toxic and defending the blatant cheating. Just gotta have that win.

Orv fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 9, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
Gimmie some dumb cybergoggles or glasses or something, just anything other than Doc Oc facehugger helmet.

Orv
May 4, 2011
He looka likea dumb.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The shorts are hella tactical. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think my favorite part of Villa might be the kitchen/museum area playing Ave Maria as I slowly sneak up and stab someone because they won't stop walking on the absurdly loud tarps.