Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This game is cool and Goons take good care of newbies. Buy it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

1stGear posted:

why did no one tell me not to buy the starter edition approximately two hours ago

If it's on Steam get a refund before you put any more time on it. Do this right now.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I went with the 9$ version since I don't think I'll be playing this more then occasionally with friends, I ended up having ash and smoke for my freebies which seem to be good, thinking I'll unlock rook and blitz as my next two.

Two questions, are there any tips or guides or map layouts for newbies to checkout and is there any recommendation for good recruit loadouts because I can't seem to see what the recruits can actually do besides the 30 seconds between games.

I have been learning from VarsityGaming on YouTube.

On a personal note, ever since I started playing more aggressive I've been killing a lot more. I got my first ace because I flanked with a suppressor and was able to clean up the remaining guys after. Confidence kills. :kamina:

Also, it's going to be really tough unlocking characters since you have the starter edition. :/

Agoat fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 5, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

vaginal facsimile posted:

May this be updated for the new operators please?

I can make a graphic if someone gets me the info.

That goes for anything people want.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Every time I try to like this game it throws out some other poo poo at me. So I learn suppressors are bad. Great, I'm winning duels now. Except here comes a team of pubbies pushing outside and actually killing us in spawn. It's beyond frustrating trying to get a grasp of this game.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Protip: stop playing Casual.
The way people play in Casual and the way people play in Ranked is wildly different.

Is this like CS:GO where playing ranked is the only real way to play?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Buffing the entire team (even after death) and having one of the best guns in the game on top of being incredibly accessible is a pretty strong argument for Rook.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
What makes the ACOG so good?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

suck my dick you fuckman

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Overheard on pubs: "I almost got an Alpha Pack! What are the odds?!"

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

SpazmasterX posted:

Part of me hopes it was sarcastic, the other part knows it wasn't.

It wasn't. :negative:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I stream this too!

http://twitch.tv/Agoat

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
This game finally clicks for me. Audio finally makes sense and now I'm actually carrying on casual.

Headed to ranked soon. I love this game.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Any R6 news at E3?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

How excited are you for a Siege documentary?

That sounds kinda cool tbh. Was hoping for other news but I got Trials Rising so I'm not even upset.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is there a site for best “builds” for characters? That might be too inside baseball lol.

Also I’ll stop asking dumb questions but how does discord work with Xbox? Or is it a way to find other goons in Xbox?

I love this game :3

There's weapon attachment guides out there. I've actually really wanted to make a site or app with builds and team compositions.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I keep going from having no kills in a round to 3 or 4. I think I need to work on my positioning more. I feel I'm almost ready for ranked.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

u should just start playing Ranked as soon as u can once you've got basics down imo...ppl in Casual kinda already play like psychos so you'll have to relearn some stuff just 4 (in my experience) the different pace of Ranked
If any1 complains simply play DukeNukemBlowItOutYourAss.wav & you'll b efine

I want at least two team mates I can play with often for ranked. Gonna start that this week.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Thief posted:

anyone can hop in ranked matches and if they are even regularly playing for the objective at all it will put them in at least silver with solo queing no matter how bad you are. for reference, bronze through gold is where most casual players are and the only reasons that anyone will ever drop below Copper III are because they are incredibly unlucky or actually somehow worse than a person using a gamepad on PC.

putting off the entire mode to the side because you are waiting for people to play with is just preventing yourself from enjoying the actual best part of the entire game :shrug:

yeah it's a nice addition to her having already had the best DMR/Shotgun/SMG options in the entire game. defenders will never kill their own flat cams or evil eyes btw

Next stream I'll do it. Ranked it is.

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
New patch on Wednesday. Bug fixes.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-329336-16/21-patch-notes posted:

DEPLOYMENT

Patch 2.1 will be deployed as follows:

PC - Wednesday 20th of June.
PS4/XboxOne - Tuesday 26th of June. (Exact deployment times to be communicated later)

GAMEPLAY

Fixed - Players can access 3rd person perspective following certain steps.
Fixed - The counter defuser doesn't appear in the Operator's hands in the end of round replay.
Fixed - The red light in the Bulletproof Camera remains on after picking up the camera during the EMP pause effect.
Fixed - In some instances, the reload animation and the bullet count are out of sync.
Fixed - In some cases, grenades can kill the player throwing them.

OPERATORS
ALIBI

Fixed - Most charms are clipping through Alibi's MX4 Storm.
Fixed - The Mountain Foliage headgear and uniform have an incorrect thumbnail.

BANDIT

Fixed - Bandit Keychain charm appears as low quality.

ECHO

Fixed - Yokai's Sonic Burst doesn't always inflict deafen effect.

MAESTRO

Fixed - Maestro gets stuck and cannot shoot anymore after pressing his gadget button if both Evil Eyes are destroyed.
Fixed - Maestro's Evil Eye can still ping enemies while disrupted by a Twitch drone.
Fixed - In some instances, the Evil Eye will deal no damage to gadgets nor Operators.
Fixed - Maestro can put his turrets in Equipped state while he is in prone mode.
Fixed - When the Evil Eye overheats, the bulletproof glass won't open if the players keeps right mouse button pressed.
Fixed - Maestro doesn't receive bonus points for assists with the Turret in PVE.
Fixed - Evil Eye does not break assets on deployment.

TACHANKA

Fixed - Tachanka's skin is red when equipping the Para Bellum Headgear.

THATCHER

Fixed - Thatcher's portrait is misaligned in his Elite Uniform card during the Preparation Phase.

LEVEL DESIGN
CLUBHOUSE

Fixed - The bullet proof camera becomes unbreakable when placed in certain spots.
Fixed - It is possible to climb up on the other side of the fence.
Fixed - Fixed multiple issues when rappelling at EXT Graffiti Area.

USER EXPERIENCE

Fixed - Para Bellum is misspelled on the Seasonal Weapon Skins banner.
Fixed - Adding ban or 6th pick to a playlist avoids the operator selection screen to correctly appear.
Fixed - Players can see the message "the Attempt to connect to Server failed" during matchmaking.
Fixed - Banned operators from a custom game remain temporarily unplayable in PVP/PVE matches
Fixed - "Play 0x14839b2b18" appears in Discovery Playlist for Villa.
Fixed - The diamond pattern of the Carnevale skin appears broken on the lower section of the stock.
Fixed - "Full Screen" display mode can't be set during banning phase.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Siege is on sale! $20 for standard, $65 for complete.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Placing Gold III felt so good.

Also yes, ranked is best mode. By a lot.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I bought standard edition for my friend and he started with 10k creds and 500k renown?? Does anyone know how this happened?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Put this in the OP

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Anyone got any good Valkyrie tips? I really like playing her and placing her cameras but I don’t get as many points off them as I do like Mute traps

Points don't matter. Only thing that matters is winning. In fact, going for points can cost you in the long run, such as tagging an enemy when you can easily describe their location.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Thanks for tips guys. I think my two “mains” are Fuze and Valkyrie right now. Wish I knew how to play Frost better tho I like the idea of traps.

Using Frost traps alongside barbed wire is really effective. And even if they aren't snared by the trap, they have to make noise to destroy it. Think outside the box!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

I like to play UNIVERSE BRAIN frost by going to a window and pretending im an attacker pushing the room, and then placing a trap at a point they might strafe into to get an angle on a common spot. This works far more often than window mats for me at my level.

What skill level would that be?

Also hope you're doing good these days

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

Oh hey thanks man, it's been good to see you streaming and poo poo. Happy for ya.
I haven't done ranked this season but last season I was Gold 4/Plat 1 depending on weather.

The stream has been super rewarding. Spending time learning R6 and trying to come up with new tech is really awesome. Much better than being in Alabama. :)

I want to get to high gold/platinum so I can really learn about this game. I still need to find a group of regulars to play with.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress that looks good

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I had 50 viewers on my R6 stream last night, wtf

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm adding this thing to my stream where you can play sounds on my PC, including a phone vibrating super loud (Dokkabei hack) so I'm basically letting viewers grief me on Siege. I'm really excited about it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Guillermus posted:

I hope you don't panic run to take cover and instead type in chat again because I laughed so hard at that.

I need to clip that, I was just drunk enough to think dokkabei hacked my keyboard

Edit: https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveCreativeAubergineKlappa

Agoat fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 29, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I've been working on learning Blackbeard and Valkyrie this weekend. They're really fun to play, I like them a lot.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Got a 4k with Blackbeard last night and still lost the round.

Edit: Also made someone really mad with Blackbeard.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 3, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Lol hibana just sitting there shaking her head

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
why haven't they just given cav a splinter cell outfit already

Edit: My ranking points are decreasing and I'm in silver.

Shiiiiiit

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Javes posted:

Seriously, I can never trust whether or not a flashbang will actually affect the person I throw it next to.

Same issue here. I don't need them to be godlike but I need them to do literally anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

They still have the issue where if any part of your hitbox is behind static geometry between you and the flashbang, it doesn't matter if you look straight at it you won't get flashed. Instead of fixing this they opted to make a single operate able to flash people and ignore the rest. Which makes it doubly stupid they're removing someone's useful gadget in favor of a useless one.

So if a flasbang can see the entire person it'll flash no matter what? Wtf