Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I've noticed that if I paste a channel Youtube link, it parses as a video in Quick Reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?CHANNELNAMEHERE

Regular reply just auto-parses it as a URL:

https://www.youtube.com/c/CHANNELNAMEHERE

If I remember correctly, quick reply uses a slightly modified, slightly outdated version of some of the JS from the full reply page, which used to have that bug; it probably just needs to be brought up to date. There's something in the works that will make doing so a little easier soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Anyone else on firefox having issues loading twitter? For the past month or two, Firefox is extremely slow to load the twitter embeds after loading a thread. It doesn't happen in Chrome, so it must be something in Firefox causing it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like an improvement

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I'm also having the same problem and I figured it's something to do with my privacy settings. I prefer it this way.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

This was recently brought up in the Firefox thread and settled to help people with slow loading Twitter.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Serfer posted:

Anyone else on firefox having issues loading twitter? For the past month or two, Firefox is extremely slow to load the twitter embeds after loading a thread. It doesn't happen in Chrome, so it must be something in Firefox causing it.

If you don't want to disable fission, you can just use the stylus / userscript I linked:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=520247246

You can also wait for Firefox 97 where it is fixed. Firefox 97 goes into beta status on the 11th.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Serfer posted:

I figured it was a twitter issue until this exact moment

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Flipperwaldt posted:

This was recently brought up in the Firefox thread and settled to help people with slow loading Twitter.

Yeah, that fixes it. Thank you!

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

There's one tiny bit that's been making my brain itch, and that's the underlining of text in the title column. None of the other columns have underlined text in their top rows and it sticks out in a way that I dislike:

Can anybody help me with maybe a userstyle I can use with Stylus to remove the underline formatting from “Title (Pages)” and “Open updated threads” (and maybe capitalize the first letters in every word in that second one)? So that it looks more like this:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Strange Charm posted:

There's one tiny bit that's been making my brain itch, and that's the underlining of text in the title column. None of the other columns have underlined text in their top rows and it sticks out in a way that I dislike:

Can anybody help me with maybe a userstyle I can use with Stylus to remove the underline formatting from “Title (Pages)” and “Open updated threads” (and maybe capitalize the first letters in every word in that second one)? So that it looks more like this:

Title isn't underlined for me in Chrome. What browser is that?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Title isn't underlined for me in Chrome. What browser is that?

It's not for me in FF either

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

I'm on Firefox and obviously something else is at play here. Okay, I'm gonna investigate further. Thanks

EDIT: And now after letting this bother me for weeks I open the forums after just basic investigation + isolating the rule using Inspect Element and suddenly it's no longer underlined. :iiam: I am beset by occult forces

Strange Charm fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 10, 2022

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I swear there used to be a setting for disabling the forum-specific stylesheets, maybe by subforum? Either I'm an idiot and missing it or it's gone.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

D34THROW posted:

I swear there used to be a setting for disabling the forum-specific stylesheets, maybe by subforum? Either I'm an idiot and missing it or it's gone.

I don't think there was. You had to block them with uBlock. I'd love that though and an option to have the forums dark theme instead if you have that enabled. Cause atm if you block them you get the default light theme

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

D34THROW posted:

Are you thinking of one of the mobile apps?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

I'm probably just misremembering, thank you!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Am I nuts or did the font in the quick reply box change?

E: It looks like Console now.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

They're discussing in the Firefox thread that the windows version's monospace font default changed from Courier New to Consolas, so that's probably what's happening here.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

astral posted:

They're discussing in the Firefox thread that the monospace font default changed from Courier New to Consolas, so that's probably what's happening here.

Ahh that would make sense. Looks weird but no big deal I guess.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

astral posted:

They're discussing in the Firefox thread that the windows version's monospace font default changed from Courier New to Consolas, so that's probably what's happening here.
What do you mean they? You're one of us.

Aaaaand now I'm chanting that line like in the movie Freaks.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

This button here, I've torn through the page code and can't find poo poo for salr-open-threads-link or whatever it is. How do I create a bookmark for this?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

D34THROW posted:

This button here, I've torn through the page code and can't find poo poo for salr-open-threads-link or whatever it is. How do I create a bookmark for this?

I don't believe you can. The button is just triggering jquery to look through the Bookmarks page (that you'd have open) and find any thread with unread posts, then opens it. While a quick Google search suggests that there's a way to use javascript in bookmarks, it would have to reach out to the Bookmarks page and scrape the data and parse it. Even if you could do it, it would likely be faster to just go to the Bookmarks page and hit the button.

code:
// Open all updated threads in tabs
    jQuery('#salr-open-threads-link').on('click', function() {
        jQuery('tr.thread').each( function() {
            var other = this;

var open_thread = function() {
                if (jQuery('a[class*=count]', other).length > 0) {
                    var href = jQuery('a[class*=count]', other).attr('href');
                    postMessage({ 'message': 'OpenTab',
                        'url'  : that.urlSchema+'//forums.somethingawful.com'+href });
                }
            };

if (stars.length == 0 && openNoStar == true) {
                open_thread();
                return;
            }

var star_img = jQuery('td.star', this)[0].classList;

if (star_img.length <= 1 && openNoStar == false)
                return;

if (jQuery.inArray(star_img[1],stars) == -1) {
                open_thread();
            }
        });
    });

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I wrote a bookmarklet that loads usercp.php and then triggers a click event on #salr-open-threads-link, but attempting to post the code triggers a Cloudflare protection feature. I'll edit it into the post in a moment.

Edit: apparently the word javascript followed by a colon was triggering it. Pretend that that's prefacing the snippet below.

code:
(() => { window.open("https://forums.somethingawful.com/usercp.php").onload = function() {document.getElementById("salr-open-threads-link").click()} })();

Toast Museum fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 19, 2022

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

I appreciate it, I wasn't sure how it worked on the back end. For whatever reason the bookmarklet isn't working. Thanks anyway! :)

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

D34THROW posted:

I appreciate it, I wasn't sure how it worked on the back end. For whatever reason the bookmarklet isn't working. Thanks anyway! :)

It doesn't seem to work from any Chrome internal pages, like the new tab window or the bookmark manager, but it works in regular tabs.

edit: or I guess it only opens up the Bookmarks page if you're not on it already

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 19, 2022

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
:doh: looks like it only works if you're already in the control panel (or viewing a forum). Not super handy. If I come up with a way to actually do the thing I thought I was doing, I'll post it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I just discovered something that's not really a problem but I think is really weird. I use the quick controls and you know how the Alt key disables that so you can use the right click menu? Did you know you have to use the same Alt button to toggle it back? Like you can't toggle them off with the left key then toggle it on with the right.

I've always wondered why sometimes I couldn't get it to turn back on.

Edit: Should mention this is Chrome

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Stare-Out posted:

A fix for this will come out shortly so that it uses the same font-family as SA's regular rely textarea.

LastInLine posted:

I just discovered something that's not really a problem but I think is really weird. I use the quick controls and you know how the Alt key disables that so you can use the right click menu? Did you know you have to use the same Alt button to toggle it back? Like you can't toggle them off with the left key then toggle it on with the right.

I've always wondered why sometimes I couldn't get it to turn back on.

Edit: Should mention this is Chrome
This is surprising behavior, and definitely not expected, as the code uses a single keyCode value (18 which should cover both alt keys) to turn it on/off. My only assumption would be that your keyboard is somehow toggling the value to something else?

Could you go to https://codepen.io/chriscoyier/pen/mPgoYJ and press the left and right alt keys into the text area and let me know what the returned values are?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Is there any option within SALR to disable spoiler tags? Some threads are way too spoiler heavy and it makes reading them very annoying. If not can I use something like stylus to disable spoilers?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Was there ever a Safari port of this or am I misremembering things?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

So I'm getting an odd bug with SALR Chrome in that the quick reply window doesn't load correctly and the Preview/Reply buttons are out of focus.
Problem is that the issue is oddly infrequent, like with this reply the showed up properly. But in other cases I have to pixel hunt for the buttons in order to be able to post.

The issue showed up like a week ago or something like that. Or that was when I started noticing it at least.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Is there any option within SALR to disable spoiler tags? Some threads are way too spoiler heavy and it makes reading them very annoying. If not can I use something like stylus to disable spoilers?

If you have Stylus, you can turn spoilers into something you can read with something like this:

code:
.bbc-spoiler {
    background-color: #ffd700 !important;
    color: #000  !important;
    border-radius: 0px !important;
    border-color: #000000 !important;
    padding:0px;
    outline: 1px solid #000;
    box-shadow: none !important;

}
.bbc-spoiler img {
    visibility: visible !important;
}

It gives this effect:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If you have Stylus, you can turn spoilers into something you can read with something like this:

code:
.bbc-spoiler {
    background-color: #ffd700 !important;
    color: #000  !important;
    border-radius: 0px !important;
    border-color: #000000 !important;
    padding:0px;
    outline: 1px solid #000;
    box-shadow: none !important;

}
.bbc-spoiler img {
    visibility: visible !important;
}

It gives this effect:

Awesome thank you!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
please make this button work on announcements, or let us otherwise disable threads we are not following from the user CP

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Whyyy is my reply window bigger than my browser window? I have to Ctrl minus minus minus and make everything tiny to get the full window. I like to browse at 120% zoom but I have to take it down to 90% to get the full window. This just started like a week ago and it's driving me bonkers, esp since I'm now a mod and have to post more (it started before I was made a mod so I don't think that's related). I don't think I downloaded any other extensions recently that would have interfered.

Please keep in mind that my computer skills only extend to "download firefox extension" and MAYBE "copy/paste code", thank you.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I think if you reload the page it fixes that

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

In Firefox's about:config I've got the OIDs browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInBackground and browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground set to true, in addition to browser.tabs.loadInBackground defaulting to true, but when I click the "Open all threads" link (that I think SALR adds), it opens all tabs in the foreground (ie. switching to each one while opening them).

Am I missing some setting to make it open them in the background, or can SALR be changed to open them in the background?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

vortmax posted:

I think if you reload the page it fixes that

Reloading did not work.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
Does SALR have a way to jump to the next unread post, the way URL parameter "goto=newpost" does?. Keyboard shortcut, button or something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Hm, maybe makes sense to insert as a new button to the page switcher, though not sure where exactly it makes sense to put it, or what the icon could be. Any suggestions or thoughts?