Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also Flash has an entire merch department out there somewhere putting Barry’s logo on backpacks and poo poo apparently without his knowledge or consent, so it wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the various heroes had “unauthorized” comics made of themselves floating about there in the Arrowverse that just so happen to look like stuff DC has actually made in the past because lol look at us reference ourselves, guys.

This would actually be a neat way for a superhero to support himself instead of having a day job, and I'd be willing to bet it's been done before. But Barry oughta find these guys and make them cut him in on the business, especially now that he's sorta fired from the police department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Did anyone else think Tobias' actor probably should have tried to hit the gym here and there since being cast in a physically-menacing role on a primetime show? Dude had some serious manboobs. At the end when Harry's telling Jefferson "don't get in a physical fight with him!" I couldn't stop thinking "why the hell not? Go crush that pansy." I'm not into bodyshaming, but jeez. They should have made sure to keep his shirt on fulltime if he's got basically no muscle definition whatsoever and he's supposed to be someone who can physically threaten Black Lightning in a fistfight.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

If you're not into bodyshaming maybe don't write an entire post where you critique someone's physical appearance?

Look, I wouldn't have a word to say about the guy or his appearance if he was just some ordinary dude living his life. Hell, I've got a pretty similar body in terms of muscle tone, and I'm sure I could stand to lose ten pounds or so. But no one's about to cast me in a TV role where I'm supposed to physically intimidate a bunch of gangsters and get in a fistfight with The Rock. And if they did, you'd be sure I'd be at the gym five days a week until I could do a shirtless scene and not look like such a pudgeball.

It's not bodyshaming so much as effort-shaming -- this dude could have put in a little more work so he actually looked the part, superstrength or no.

• Locked thread