Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm trying to find the Negro Casas vs Sam Adonis match from this year's Fantasticamania on NJPWorld. I'm having trouble finding out what date it took place, even with Google and going back and browsing through this thread when the event took place. Is anyone able to help me locate this match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That explains why I couldn't find it! I had asked for some Fantasticamania recommendations and the person must have forgotten where it took place or I must have misunderstood the answer. Thank you for the answers.

e: Thank you for the link Jerusalem. I'm subscribed to CMLL but they have so many shows that I miss at least half.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 1, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Sanada's gonna snatch that belt someday.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Legit devastated by the Kitamura news and am hoping it isn't true. I was gonna show off that Nagata match to some friends next week so there goes that.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/986641490838466561

According to Kelly, NJPW didn't take them down. Sounds like some kind of automated thing.

Yeah, there's been some issues on youtube caused by third party companies whose job it is to enforce IP for clients issuing C&Ds to licensed channels or channels of the original artist who the work comes from. I remember one dude had to threaten to sue a cable television channel to get them to stop issuing a C&D for something from his YouTube that they aired on their channel.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If Showbuckle got his account taken down its because someone filed a copyright strike on multiple videos. That'll cause an automatic deletion without giving the person any time to respond. Even if it wasn't Bushiroad or a third party that Bushiroad hired to send DMCA notices, it can still gently caress the channel up.

One thing I learned when I tried doing stuff on YouTube is basically anyone can file a copyright complaint against you, even people who don't own that content. I once had a video monetized by a media company that I know 100% does not own the copyright to the video they monetized. In order to overrule it you have to prove you own the copyright. It used to be (and I don't know if it still is) a process which included giving your name, address, etc not just to YouTube but also to the person filing the claim. A few channels I followed got shut down because some random jackass filed copyright claims and they didn't want to give out their personal information.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 26, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I can tell what the matches to see based on quality were from the MOTY thread, but can anyone tell me which matches were important for story stuff? I know there was a tag with Tanahashi and Okada but anything else?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

YOUCH! High Fly Flow'd into a dropkick

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I know its probably been mentioned in here before but for those who missed it, NJPWext is a Chrome extension that improves the functionality of the site in a lot of ways, and is geared towards English speakers. Makes it easier to find matches, view things as watched, put them on playlists, and find the most recent events.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The New Japan Cup 2018, which is a single elimination tournament.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, his matches have ruled.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm on vacation and I'll be too busy being a tourist to not get spoiled. I'd have to avoid the internet until Tuesday afternoon.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

As long as you don't pause after the co-main event video package starts you'll be fine. Unless they go 2+ hours.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Dave did note he got arguments for giving it 18 stars, with falls 1 and 3 as 6 star matches on their own and fall 2 as a 5.

I knew someone would try to rate individual falls but I'm not sure how fall 1 was 6 stars while fall 3 was "only" 5. That match got better and better as it went on.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 14, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Re: English commentary on Dominion: I really liked it, and as much as I love the intensity and emotion of the Japanese commentary, none of it matched the pure bitterness from Callis' "that god drat dropkick!" call or Callis trying to stop himself from crying when Omega won.

Kelly and Callis (Callis especially) aren't always great but in that match they were excellent.

Sorry for going back to a different topic while a show is going on but I've got 15 minutes to kill while waiting for a tour to start.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1009382863416877056

Taichi has gone to great lengths to enter the G1

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

He's a face though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

They need to try a new market

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If they need to stay on the West Coast they might be able to sell out in Seattle. Key Arena is probably too big though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

He's implying Kenny knew.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

unimportantguy posted:

I was rather surprised that match continued after that spot. Everybody in attendance thought we just saw a man die. The fact that they finished the match as normal gave me hope that he would be okay. Now, though... :ohdear:

yeah i was worried, saw Hiromu do a destroyer and went "Oh, guess he's ok then."

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Was AXS or NJPW in charge of production and ring set up?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

In Twitter Rov retweeted that and said

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1016339522987155457?s=19

Hopefully it still is.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

I'm interested in watching this year's G1 with my daughter to see if she likes Japanese wrestling, does NJPW World have the shows organized easily in chronological order or does anyone have a list with links so I know the order to watch them in?

NJPWext helps improve the navigability of New Japan's site by quite a bit.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ibushi, Page, Sanada, Tanahashi, and Tama are all up there imo. Tama in a much different manner though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I can't believe I and everyone else forgot Hiromu.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gate was $458,525 from 11,263 tickets sold. FITE grossed more than $1,000,000 between Starrcast and ALL IN sales. Starrcast sold 11,000 tickets. Pro Wrestling Tees did around $500k in T-Shirt sales. PPV numbers aren't out yet.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Sleeping in their car and always smelling like booze? That sounds like a wayward mid-carder to me.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

When showing people New Japan the things that have worked best for me are Kenny Omega, Hiromu, Jericho's stuff, and Yano. Some friends put on Golden Lovers vs The Young Bucks to watch at family's house while they waited for people to get ready and that supposedly went over really well with the people who don't watch wrestling.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Clark Connors does work with DEFY, usually with his tag team partner Rebel Kel. He's good but nothing special currently. The dojo will be really good for him.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

What obvious thing did Juice state that got him punished?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There's no weekly show. They tend to have Road To <x> events that build up to a big event. You can follow along with all those or just watch the events they build up to.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm the woman breaking down crying in the front row at the beauty of Holy Emperor Taichi's entrance

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I was at the Cow Palace for the Switchblade-Juice title match and it was loving great

Yeah, it completely sold me on Juice and Jay. I was already with Juice's promos but I think I've cheered and booed louder at a wrestling show maybe once? That was a DEFY show where Aries cheated to beat Strickland, who has mega-champion aura in Seattle.

God that match was great. People chanting Juice-S-A was great.

Gumball Gumption posted:

There is an argument to be had about why there is no promotion in the world at the NJPW level that either features women as heavily as men or is women only. The answer probably isn't to have NJPW have token womens matches.

IDK if it is a training thing or what, but New Japan's LA dojo taking women is a positive step. Right now I think EVE and Stardom put on the best women's matches but that's mainly because I'm ignorant about half the women's promotions.

That Becky vs Charlotte match was loving killer though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Does anyone know how joshi feel about this? The women's promotions existed because women wanted to main event instead of be on the undercard. How much has that feeling change?

e: I guess it's not totally unreasonable to assume that some would rather take the bigger audience over the main event.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

lol for recent joshi he's in the dark too

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

At the most recent DEFY show Artemis Spencer won the title from Shane Strickland in a great match. The reason I'm posting this in the New Japan thread is because Spencer is one of the Young Lions at the L.A. dojo and is being trained by Shibata. I wonder/hope that he'll end up in New Japan at some point.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

lmao I got Artemis Spencer and Clark Connors confused then. Connors is also a DEFY regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Don't worry about it Rovert, I remembered the wrong name.