Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Set your calendar for Thursday morning for the Awful block with:
Arabian Nights
Enviro-Bear 2000
Dog's Life
Animorphs: Shattered Reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

UraniumAnchor posted:

Reminder that I'll be commentating for Blaster Master Zero on the first night so watch it please and thank you.

Noted and added to my mental schedule.

After poking around, I'm also pretty interested in:
[Thursday] Two games being run by ADGQ owner Mike Uyama:
Sub-Terrania, which is some sort of Gravitar-clone he's run in the past that looks hard a balls.
Earnest Evans, which looks like they made each major bone of your character a separate [Sega equivalent of] mode-7 scaled and rotated sprite

Followed immediately by
Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon, which appears to be "Fantastic Voyage" the game.

A little bit later is "Titenic", some sort of beat-em-up where you are Leo DiCaprio on the boat, and it appears to have been coded for a bootleg 15-in-1 Famicom cart.

[Friday] Densha de D (apparently a simultaneous parody of trainsim Densha de Go! and street racing manga Initial D which is the origin of....

In terms of more mainstream games, I'm interested in seeing Metal Gear Solid 1 and 3. Breath of the Wild should be a good finisher, but I'm going to be very upset by their rock tech, because I literally can't get a rock to go the direction I want to save my life in that game, and I expect they will be flying all over the map on them.

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 6, 2018

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TeaJay posted:

I reckon Ratchet & Clank will be mandatory viewing for people catching up. Crazy glitches, tech and fast-paced action.

Confirm. Ratchet and Clank run was great in all the right ways.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TeaJay posted:

I'd rather not even think about Twitch chat or Reddit.

Skyrim is a pretty good candidate for run of the year so far.

Confirmed. A beautiful trainwreck of glitches and great couch.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

Just saw a blurb pop up on screen about an Aladdin 100% run. Is this possible and where do I donate for that?

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donate/22

Ctrl-F "Aladdin". It's right after the Blaster Master ones. Currently at $1907/5000

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Metal Gear Solid run was.....

Solid.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
It also took several minutes for each attempt, and when they failed a few times and moved to their safety save, they found that too much time had elapsed and their seed got scrambled on the safety save, so they had nothing. I think they ended up doing a non-speedrun Let's Play of the game rather than mercy killing the run, limping along for 2+ hours before time ran out.

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 9, 2018

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
So without knowing it, I drove through Halfcoordinated's hometown on Wednesday. Just realized it watching his documentary.

e: Hey, this isn't the chat thread.

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 13, 2018

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I would just wait to donate for SGDQ, which does collect for MSF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Bloodborne run was fantastic. Great run, great runner, great banter between runner and donation reader.

• Locked thread