Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

wonder what happened to the fake priests, but not enough to read the article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
hope the orcas had something to do with this

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1670849802098098176

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

:toot:

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Che Garibaldi LLC

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

titanic sub billionaires got sea-guillotined

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they got lucky. looks like they got instantaneously pulverized rather than stranded in a tin can until they suffocate.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They were very fortunate.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

uber_stoat posted:

they got lucky. looks like they got instantaneously pulverized rather than stranded in a tin can until they suffocate.

yeah that takes a lot of the fun out of it

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

indigi posted:

yeah that takes a lot of the fun out of it

I dunno, if it was used as a form of execution, nigh-instantaneous implosion is probably quite the spectacle. Like the Guillitone itself, it'd strikes a solid balance between effective and crowd-pleasing.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
never accept death when suffering is owed

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

indigi posted:

never accept death when suffering is owed
Ok Torquemada

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

lmao

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm glad they died instantly rather than having the slightest possibility of rescue.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Please let me buy this shirt.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Skippy McPants posted:

I dunno, if it was used as a form of execution, nigh-instantaneous implosion is probably quite the spectacle. Like the Guillitone itself, it'd strikes a solid balance between effective and crowd-pleasing.

Only if the audience is shielded from the fine mist of billionaire prions

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

that's just billionair

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
killing's too good for them. someone needs to clean up radiation, coal plants, asbestos management, etc. 3,000 should last a generation or so, living on gruel and sleeping in prison cells

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
someone i was talking to today brought up that their boyfriend is considering being a landlord for the passive income but is struggling to afford a place that can exclude poor tenants.

i told her he's a dickhead lol.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw9t1oAQmts

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
https://www.poloreef.com/

Meet Andrew Sandler. He has one of the largest privately owned reef aquariums in his living room in the world at 17,000 gallons. It cost millions of dollars to build and thousands of dollars a month just to clean and maintain. How can he afford this? Well Andrew Sandler is a hedge fund manager.

I love aquariums, I have a freshwater and mixed reef set up at home, and if you watch Sandler's videos its obvious that this is his true passion and his hedge fund is basically a silly little side hustle to fund doing what he really loves. It's kind of refreshing to see a billionare actually have an interest in something useful that's not just racking up higher numbers in his bank account score.

I'm not saying he should avoid the guillotine, but I think if the revolution comes it would be a better use of resources to allow him to be a custodian for his aquarium, that would be opened up to the public at no charge.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it’s like how there’s a better universe where newt gingrich became a zookeeper

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

got my superyacht, spending every minute on it in a completely dark room watching movies

i got das boot queued up, my pilot has detailed instructions on when to heave the boat back and forth in time with the action

i got the crew with wrenches ready to bang on the walls

they're gonna pump CO2 into the room for when the crew gets trapped in gibraltar. hope nothing goes wrong with that.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Jul 7, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

got my superyacht, spending every minute on it in a completely dark room watching movies

NGL, I can understand the appeal of posting while on a yacht. The sound/smell of the ocean, while you browse the internet in a luxurious boat.

Or even better, posting in the movie theater. Just sitting in front of the screen with a keyboard on my lap, reading the forums on the theater screen.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
there’s a third rate superyacht documentary on freevee where one of the featured billionaires says they’d bring back the guillotine if people realized what yacht life was like

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Centrist Committee posted:

there’s a third rate superyacht documentary on freevee where one of the featured billionaires says they’d bring back the guillotine if people realized what yacht life was like

Are the yachts third-rate, or is the documentary third-rate? Or both?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

SpelledBackwards posted:

Are the yachts third-rate, or is the documentary third-rate? Or both?

a little of both but even what they do get access to is obscene in a banal way

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1678966348641337344

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I remember there was this one twitter posting sad Marvel heroes being like "the greedy writers are stealing hope itself from our children..."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/KrisTeschner/status/1681326773122785281

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i got das boot queued up, my pilot has detailed instructions on when to heave the boat back and forth in time with the action

i got the crew with wrenches ready to bang on the walls

they're gonna pump CO2 into the room for when the crew gets trapped in gibraltar. hope nothing goes wrong with that.

who do billionaires spend all their money on the most boringest poo poo ever

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Palladium posted:

who do billionaires spend all their money on the most boringest poo poo ever

People obsessed with making and hoarding money tend to be very boring people

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

I'm pretty sure this has been standard practice for years.

It's complete garbage, of course, but nothing new.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/clairezagorski/status/1683141428270997505

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

How the actual gently caress :psyduck: How do you in any way justify this on a personal level and not go home and suck down a shotgun barrel (I realize the answer is the cruelty is the point but holy poo poo just let people be)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Centrist Committee posted:

Sasha Baron Cohen talks to a superyacht salesman in his "Who is America" show. One of his characters is a super-rich rear end in a top hat, and he strongly implies to the salesman that he is a straw buyer for Bashir al-Assad ("I can't say who I'm buying this for, but he would be very, ah, sád if they did not get this yacht"). He gets into what kind of add-ons he can get, and the superyacht salesman cheerfully agrees that a secret human-smuggling compartment with chains on the walls is something he could arrange for the hold.

PostNouveau has issued a correction as of 15:27 on Jul 24, 2023

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Brimruk posted:

How the actual gently caress :psyduck: How do you in any way justify this on a personal level and not go home and suck down a shotgun barrel (I realize the answer is the cruelty is the point but holy poo poo just let people be)

ACAB includes petty city bureaucrats enforcing the will of rich NIMBYs and corpo scum.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Brimruk posted:

Just enforcing the right of the property owner to control who congregates on their land. Not my fault. If I didn't do it, someone else would, etc., etc.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Brimruk posted:

i learned in games that people with food multiply, so feeding the homeless means there will be more homeless. do you want more people to be homeless, citizen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Just enforcing the right of the property owner to control who congregates on their land. Not my fault. If I didn't do it, someone else would, etc., etc.

Note that it's a public library, so the "property owner" is the taxpayers.